Author Topic: Ideas for Object Maker  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Feralia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I love wolves.
    • View Profile
Ideas for Object Maker
« on: May 25, 2011, 06:31:59 pm »
So, now I got an idea while making a map. When you try to make a fantasy map... You'd like mysterious and magical items, right? So why not make a thing that you can change object's colors in Object Maker? Like you make a big red crystal. Also, it would be cool if you can make water in different colours. Or how about the water sparkles in sunshine and it shines in moonlight? How about the leaves moving in wind (and there's wind sound too)? And also, fur would maybe flowl and high grass would move. If it wouldn't cause too much lag or something... So, what do you think, people?
Our Feral Hearts are those characters we own in the game. And all characters together makes you a Feral Heart as well. Because you made them.

Offline Juliet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Dogs have Owners, Cats have Staff.
    • View Profile
    • Talk to me :D
Re: Ideas for Object Maker
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 06:54:02 pm »
Hmm, I do kind of agree about changing the object's color in object maker.
I'm such a noob when it comes to making meshes, textures, and all that.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying..

xxx  ?Add me on Skype? My user is Cryptic13Crowe. ?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 03:16:10 am »
Sounds like an nice idea, but that would probably make meshes like the trees to be completely red tanned, all meshes with more than one colour could look a tad bit weird, but the idea is actually rather nice.

Some of these things sounds more like game modifications than  something for the object maker though.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Feralia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I love wolves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 03:38:19 am »
Sounds like an nice idea, but that would probably make meshes like the trees to be completely red tanned, all meshes with more than one colour could look a tad bit weird, but the idea is actually rather nice.

Some of these things sounds more like game modifications than  something for the object maker though.
I know, but I came up to ideas other than for the maps. I forgot to said it there...
Our Feral Hearts are those characters we own in the game. And all characters together makes you a Feral Heart as well. Because you made them.

Thunderheart

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 09:19:12 am »
To the moving stuff, that wouldn't be doable because it would cause much lag. Imagine Bonfire Island, with... let's say, 50 people in it. When you look at that them, it starts to lag a little. Then imagine them all jumping. Some more lag.  And now imagine all these 50 people have fur that curls in the wind, plus the palmtrees in the background are swaying.
I think that explains everything...