Author Topic: Oh My God - it's full of ideas...  (Read 1832 times)

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
Oh My God - it's full of ideas...
« on: June 01, 2011, 12:27:49 am »
Oh boy, here's Kerri, what crazy idea is she going to ramble on about this time? Well, I decided to do a little collection of my ideas, seeing as everyone else is.

Custom Music on Custom Maps
I've said this before, but the thread has necro'd by now... It'd be really interesting to be able to put custom music into custom maps. As an audiophile, for me, this has been an annoying thing to not have in-game for my maps, since I have these beautiful themes I want to add - but can't.

"But you can just add the music to objects - it's the same thing. PROBLEM SOLVED."

No. No, it isn't. Adding music to objects is an easy way, sure, but when you have multiple of that same object in order to hear the music all over the map - the music gets distorted and echo-y, and there's no option to turn it off if you happen to get sick of it. How can it be applied to the game? Well, that's another question. Maybe drag the .mp3 you want to use into a special folder, and then in Map Maker you can add the music file to the map before exporting it? I don't know, I know nothing of codes beyond what I can change in a .material and .particle file.

More Room in the Cape
More Room in the Cape? What? Yeah. Make the Cape of Distant Worlds bigger.

I'm a mapmaker. My maps aren't amazing like Tigg's or Slycan's 3D map, but they're not terrible little globs of random meshes and flat land. I've made maps for lots of RP groups. Before the v1.05/v1.06 patches, I had a ton of maps in the Cape. So many, that when combined with my own maps and the maps I'd downloaded elsewhere, that the trail of maps went off the Cape's cliff.

"Why don't you just delete some of them?"

Because your mother that only solved the problem for a little while, and then POOF - more maps would be made. Strange creatures, maps. They like to multiply. I know I'm not the only one here that had this problem.

Thundahhhhhrrrrrrrrrrr
Thunderstorms. Unf. And again, unf.

We can have Rain, Snow, Sandstorms, Falling Flowers, Leaves, Fireworks, Volcanic Ash, and Money fall from the sky. Why can't we have Thunderstorms? Y'know, those pesky summer storms with lightning and KABOOM? I understand that this could also be difficult to program, but maybe just flashes of white on the screen and thunder noises could be used?

Water and Wind
Water Currents and Wind. Some sort of invisible thing that could push characters around or make it difficult to walk/swim now and then? The meshes don't have to move, I don't care about moving trees or grass if something like this happens.

Character Interaction
No, I'm not talking about Buttswing.

Some sort of emotes or actions that involve another character? Like Cuddle, or Bathe (for cubs), or Kiss, or Pin. Okay, some of those, not so much, but I hope someone see where I'm going with this. Maybe just some friendly ones like "Greet" and the two characters nuzzle or high-five something.

Well, that's all I've got for right now...
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

Tyki Mikk

Re: Oh My God - it's full of ideas...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 01:58:53 am »
I dont object to any of these ideas. In fact, I want them all in game. xD Especially the weather ideas! Back in IT we had thunder storms. Only in certain maps of which were practically endless of course. Overall I love all these ideas. One reason because they weren't already asked for a thousand times and over. x3

Nyan Cat

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 02:15:21 am »
Character Interaction
No, I'm not talking about Buttswing.

Some sort of emotes or actions that involve another character? Like Cuddle, or Bathe (for cubs), or Kiss, or Pin. Okay, some of those, not so much, but I hope someone see where I'm going with this. Maybe just some friendly ones like "Greet" and the two characters nuzzle or high-five something.

It would be complete awesomeness if they did a cute newborn kitten meow  Character Interaction emote. 83.

I agree with all of your ideas... except for the wind and water waves.

Offline Flatsoda

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • hOnK (o:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 11:09:47 pm »
I agree with it all,except the water currents. Making a group travel all in one would be hard,then. >:C

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 03:14:28 am »
@ Nyan cat; Suave Dog - Well, I was thinking that it could be an optional thing. It wouldn't be in offical maps, but it'd be included in with custom weather or something. Hm, maybe the option to control how strong they are, too. XD
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

slycan

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 03:36:50 am »
Custom Music on Custom Maps - This would be brilliant, not sure why it's not implemented..

More Room in the Cape - The only way I can see this solved if there was another 'official' map that allowed portals ( wasn't aware there was a limit in cape x.x). You have giving me an idea to make a "Nexus" Map that has portals to all currently working maps - but that could take awhile Dx

Thundahhhhhrrrrrrrrrrr - Not a fan of loud ambient noises myself, but I think this could be possible... I'm not sure how one would ad sound to particle files though.. I've found out adding multiple 'objects' with the same sound file = ear rape x.x

Water and Wind = Feralistic 4 will have Wolfess Naturalistc update , which makes the water look like it has a current (: As for wind though, that may be more annoying for RPers than anything ..( imagin sitting there taking then AKF for 30 seconds.. next thing you know, your character has been pushed 50 miles south by the wind xD)

Character Interaction - this may be closed to impossible due to the may shapes and sizes each character has.. animations will not match up perfectly ever. On the contrary, licking/Groom , Claw Swipe, Dig, Ear Skatch and other actions would be nice additions, and would not require actually having another person there to make it work.

Nice idea, keep em up (:

Offline arcticwarrior

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • the sun is shining when i close my eyes. :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 01:54:56 pm »
can i add some ideas in here instead of making a whole new thread and basically copying your ideas?

for more actions: a double jump? i heard about that before; IT had it.
Picking up things? that would be cool!
 the water makes ripples as you walk through it.
 Hunting, obviously.
 The ability to dig a den out of the side of a hill?
WIP

sure im in love, but at least im in love. <3