Author Topic: Bunch Of PvP/Leveling Ideas  (Read 4209 times)

Offline DreamReaper

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Bunch Of PvP/Leveling Ideas
« on: January 12, 2011, 02:22:23 am »
First off I would just like to say that I am not, nor will I ever demand that any of my ideas be put into the game. These are merely suggestions, and if I had the proper skills these are some features that my game would have if I made a game like this.

Leveling
  • Each character would have a "level" which would be displayed for all to see. Like WoW (World of Warcraft), you advance levels by gaining XP. You do this by fighting other players and hunting/killing prey in-game.
  • When you increase your level, you can put skill points into basic skills such as bit, strike, speed, health, and agility. Each skill would effect your fighting ability.
    Bite - Effects how strong your bite attack is
    Strike - Effects how strong you strike with your paws
    Speed - Effects how fast you run
    Health - Effects how many HP (Hit Points) you have
    Agility - Effects how often you can evade the enemy's attack

Hunting
  • Being able to stalk and hunt prey would be great. Maybe like WolfQuest you have to kill prey in order to survive. That would make the game interesting.

Packs/Prides
  • Maybe there could be a way of formally establishing your pack/clan in-game. It some MMORPGs, it shows in-game who is in your pack/clan as well as the player's level, rank, whether or not they are online, and sometimes location.

Territory
  • Along with this in-game guild system, you could now formally "claim" a territory. In order to prevent any one person or group from claiming waaay to much territory, you can only claim territory based on the size of your pack/pride. For example: If you are a loner you can only claim a small plot of land. On the other hand, an extremely large pack could claim a much larger area in order to sustain all the members.
  • Once these territories are claimed, other felines/canines that are not associated with the pride may enter at their own risk. Intruders become vulnerable and can be attacked by anybody. This way, the "feel" of role play gets all the more realistic.

PvP (Player Vs. Player)
  • I don't think you should just be able to randomly attack people (unless they invade your territory). In order to attack a player they have to accept a challenge. If you win the challenge you can gain XP. You win a challenge by killing the opponent (Their HP reach 0) or the opponent surrenders.

So these are my ideas. I hope you like them. If you have anything to add just comment bellow or PM me and I'll add it. (I'll give you credit for your idea or corse) Thanks for reading  ;D

Shiro

Re: Bunch Of PvP/Leveling Ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 03:16:24 am »
well in FH it already does the group/pack/clan/etc. thing, it shows all the names, information posted, and members in a group.
However your idea is good I do personally highly disagree with leveling o.e I hate leveling games. But others don't. I'd personally like to see just selecting stats to a certain number and if you want extrea to just pay the staff to support them in the process or do that with special abilities instead. Elemental attacks would be a load of fun though.
It'd definatly give FH more purpose other than just RP and chat.

Offline cryptic

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 06:07:32 am »
I think leveling may be a bad idea because people just about always cause drama when it comes to that.

The PvP and territory thing would be nice if some areas on a map can be made as safe or danger areas. An option could be implemented into the Map Maker that can separate areas as safe or dangerous with markers of some kind. On Runescape, you are notified if you wander into an area where PvP is acceptable. So if you enter into another clan/pride/pack's territory, a message can say "You have entered into X's territory".

Offline DreamReaper

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 12:08:07 pm »
I suggested a leveling system for a few reasons:

• If you don't have a leveling system then PvP would be pointless. Winning a fight would be completely random and thats just no fun.
  • Also, as you gain levels, you could hunt bigger prey. for example: when you start out at level one, you are only able to take down a mouse. If you are level 20, however, you may be able to kill something big, like an elk or something.

Shiro

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 11:02:47 pm »
Yes I read that but you don't have to level, if you can have custom stats to go up to a certian number. For example

You have lets say... 15 points to distribute around your stats as you wish.
Shiro would look something like  this

Attack: XXX
Defense: XXXXX
Speed: XXXXXX
Stamina: X

Ofcourse there would be different stats most likely. Lol. I don't know that was just my idea n_n"
Its less frustrating and as Cry said it'd cause less drama.

But doing some sort of leveling system for pray might be a good idea. depending on amount killed but for PvP not to sure o.e

It's still a good idea though~

littlefoxchild

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 12:41:45 am »
I don't like the Level think, everyone should stand on the same ground.  As for PvP there is still going to be plenty of that in and out of RP. It's just fact of the game. Having a health, and ability bar may not be a bad idea.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 06:04:16 am »
I like some of the ideas in there.. But I personally dislike the idea of having levels in the game.

It would not be the same thing to play it, and it would probably turn into something which people always want to become high level. Something of a status thing. Abit like items sometimes had in IT.

I just think leveling would make a bad impact to the game. If you like to level a character and make it strong, then there's alot of other games out there just about that. I like the simplicity of the game, and you never feel like you have to do anything.

Sure, if there was some sort of level system in FH, people don't have to try to go up in level. But it's not only that you'd be low level character if there was. But also that 50% of all the talk inside the game would be about levels and skills. The fun and creative part wouldn't be as big anymore.

A really big no thanks for levels.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Ritsuka

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
  • Tasha, .::Axel::., Bakura~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 03:08:00 pm »
Like i love the other ideas, but leveling BIG NO GO for me, i play world of warcraft and im TIRED of leveling toons lol

Clans etc already on that, but like i said the other ideas other then leveling sounds good

Pet's name: Kokoron
My Screenies ^-^

Offline WolfKat777

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Fantasy is an escape to the creative mind~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 11:45:12 pm »
I agree with Red...I like how the game is simple, and I don't wanna stop playing it like I did another game 'cause of leveling up....|D yeah, the other game I may not return to for a while....I got to a point of level where it could take days to get to the next level....it's such a pain. x_x

I like level up systems, but not on a daily bases....I wanna enjoy FH as a place for me to have fun with friends 24/7, and get social...I get too "lone wolf-mode" in level up games... XD; (mainly 'cause i love to fight on my own....for some reason, I don't like to be in teams...but I love friends c: )

but maybe there can be some PvP mode for the game ^w^; except, it would probably require another server, which I don't think the game developers would enjoy buying at all....o_o

My new dragon! :3

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile