Author Topic: PVP (Player vs. Player Battles)  (Read 3822 times)

Offline iAisu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
PVP (Player vs. Player Battles)
« on: July 19, 2011, 09:22:03 pm »
I think PVP should be added to FH, because instead of "-autokills, swipes, super awesome power playing-" we could actually fight each other. (This may be considered an action somewhat, but not displayed in the action menu. Instead once engaged in battle you will use the left mouse and click to attack a player you challenged.)  Then again, people would disagree because what would be the point of Role-Play? Then don't use the PVP feature. Simple. Now let's get into more detail.

Of course we don't want everyone running around killing people for no reason, so add a "Request to Battle" button. (Can be displayed by clicking the user then selecting the button from the choice menu, as if you were going to add someone.) If your in a pack and want to fight with another pack then add a "Request to Battle Pack" button. (Only the leader may Request the Battle) You are able to either accept or decline on both occasions.

Now when fighting, you don't want repeated actions or simple swipes. You want it to look realistic as possible, like a real fight. (The type of moves you use in combat are different depending on the species. Observe some wolf fights and lion fights to grasp the idea what moves these animals use and apply them into the game.) You may also growl, howl, and roar. (Some sort of battle cry noise while in battle.) (Automatic or manually make the noises, you decide.)

Of course this isn't going to be a simple task to add PVP into the game, but it's definitely worth the hard work.
I hope this idea is added into this game, and I know many people would enjoy this new feature if added.
If you have any more questions or want more specific details don't hesitate and just ask. Thank you for reading and spread this topic around so more people will know of this idea and may be voted to be added.

(I know there is an action idea thread but this doesn't fall into that category. This is more like a feature of some sort.)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 09:27:52 pm by Aisu Ookami Shikon »

Offline iAisu

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: PVP (Player vs. Player Battles)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 09:26:00 pm »
-Ignore this post, accidental post- And don't know how to delete it...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 09:29:11 pm by Aisu Ookami Shikon »

Offline iAisu

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 09:26:46 pm »
Sorry, it was double posted! Ignore the second post.... I don't know why it did that when I clicked modify...

Thunderlion123

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 10:25:36 pm »
There's other threads on this already.

Offline iAisu

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 10:56:55 pm »
There's other threads on this already.
Hmm, didn't know. o3o I just provided in-depth detail of the PVP so everyone can get an idea.
So my forum is necessary to fully grasp the idea. =>

Vail

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 04:52:05 am »
I think some sort of pvp would be awesome for this game, and it doesn't hinder roleplay it enhances it!
Let your skills in pvp decide who wins, much better in my opinion than dealing with power players and people who post like -bites real hard and makes you bleed-
Theres nothing more annoying than that.

Ephemeral

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 05:14:32 am »
For this to work well, there would probably have to be stats added, like health, attack, defense and so forth. Without it, everyone would be the same and there wouldn't be much variation. It would pretty much come down to who clicks faster or whatever and luck, not to mention who has the faster computer. And then there would have to be some way to gain stat points or whatever, whether from other battles or some outside way, perhaps even buying them with real money (which I don't prefer, personally).

BUT EITHER WAY I'd like to see it put in the game. :D I like battling other players.

Vail

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 05:22:58 am »
I agree with Frankie.
Though this game does seem to be directed more towards rolepaying than actual game advancement it would be nice to have something to work towards, building your character up and what not.
I think the option to buy stat points with real money would be nice they should have a way to get them in game as well.

Having buyable things does help keep the game free for everyone, though. I think they should make some vanity items that are only buyable with real money, such as wings and maybe clothing or whatever.

Ephemeral

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 07:23:24 am »
Having buyable things does help keep the game free for everyone, though. I think they should make some vanity items that are only buyable with real money, such as wings and maybe clothing or whatever.

As long as it doesn't end up like with MapleStory where to be anyone more than a noob you had to have all these epic clothes and weapons and hairstyles that cost you an arm and a leg for, I'm fine with having some things like wings or accessories that you'd have to buy with real money. xD

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 07:29:57 am »

As long as it doesn't end up like with MapleStory where to be anyone more than a noob you had to have all these epic clothes and weapons and hairstyles that cost you an arm and a leg for, I'm fine with having some things like wings or accessories that you'd have to buy with real money. xD

No wings or items. Kovu said no and that will not change. And I think paying for stat points is just a silly idea. It may sound good to you now, but it's not. Not everyone has a credit card or paypal. I'm 19 and I don't have one and can't get one. It'll just be a way for people who can afford to get stat points to brag and be even MORE trolly. After all, a stat point would be cheap as, those who can buy would just shoot past everyone else which would just be ridiculous.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho