Poll

Why cant we have wings? wings make me happy so we can fly WEE!!

Wings
No wings
I dont know

Author Topic: Wings-the only thing i ask for  (Read 25464 times)

Gilly

Re: Wings-the only thing i ask for
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 05:59:08 am »
Eh. I had characters back on IT who had wings, but I honestly don't think wings would fit these models at all. Back on Impressive Title the meshes were more cartoon-ish. Which is totally cool and fit the wings. Well, this is FeralHeart and I don't think realistic canine or feline anatomy calls for wings. Don't go all blah blah imagination and well pink lions meh. Imagine you have wings. Yay~ If you want a pink cat. Whatever. Your anatomy is still realistic. c:

Offline Electricfish

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • If I get sick, take me to Dr. House. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 06:05:24 am »
@Aroxy
I'm pretty sure the ears were just put in there for vairety... variety, whatevs. Pplus the cow ears look really cool on a lion if you make them real small.    .3.

Anyway, wings. Major nono, in my opinion. Well, sure, I loved the wings in IT but.. I mean, c'mon. Really? I hate to say it, but I don't really think wings fit in the the Feral Heart "atmosphere". So, you can count a big N-O on my behalf.

Offline Duskers

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 06:30:10 am »
Lol @ the people female dogging about the wings keeping the server down/realism

If you haven't noticed, the wolf models look like doodles out of a sketchbook. Oh, what's this? You can have a neon green-and-purple lion? You can have a wolf with glowy, black eyes? Yeah. Wings are definatelyyyy too realistic.

ALSO, to the people saying it'll cause the server to be down longer, you realize it could be added in an update, yeah?

Just had to throw that out there. But really, I see no need for wings, I really don't care xD I think if people want to use wings and have a flying character, let them <:T

@Dragon - Ban them for flying too high? That's stupid. Just put a huge collbox up there :T
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:33:58 am by Duskers »

Offline dragoness123

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -7
  • RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2011, 05:13:59 pm »
lol yea it is stupid for ppl to ban them i was just overreacting? :p
Draw me like one of your french girls. ;)

TealSkeletore

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 04:51:23 am »
No.

As much as I like wings, and as many of my characters had wings, I still have to say no. Yes, Kov could make wings look very realistic (take a look at this picture for example )  and to fit the meshes, however it would involve A LOT of work. Meshing wings would be a lot more complicated then new ears or a new tail. Especially wings that fit the new models.

Another thing, Kov said himself that he doesn't want wings because he wanted people to find their own way around the environment, and around hills and such without wings. It makes the game a bit more challenging, and also funner to explore. I agree with him

Offline Hidan

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • All Hail
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 05:38:07 am »
Wings and No Wings.
I can Care less what one. As Long as FeralHeart stands I am fine.

Offline Motoko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Augen auf- Ich komme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 05:41:55 am »
Beware, this post contains excessive rambling.

EXACTLY, a realistic flight system (like in spore minus the flapping limit, so you'd have to MAINTAIN it) would be GREAT with realistic wings, and wing meshes are relatively easy to find and make, too. it'd be nice to have some realistic wings (meaning tucked against the sides, as well, not being constantly held up) absolutely amazing, and i've seen very few games pose wings like that (the only one, actually, being Istaria with it's Dragon wings) the results are beautiful, too. with the right animations, the wings could look amazing. however, please texture bat/dragon and feather wings on SEPARATE meshes, they do not function the same because wing bones on avian wings are far different than bat-like wings, that have individual fingers as to where on Avian wings it's a few bones and the flexibility is limited (not to mention, it'd be harder to fly with the lift from Avian wings because it wouldn't produce enough upward force to sustain flight on a wolf or lion unless the wings were big enough, which would affect balance and maneuverability as well as flight speed.)

Feel free to correct this below, da?
Caught quicksand grip
Pull me in
Whisper faith in sickness

Offline Halopromise

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • [Insert witty text here] <3
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Fury Pack Reborn
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 08:41:02 pm »
I def agree to wings, I would miss that and it just gives that much more verity to the game and makes it that more cool. Of course it isn't realistic, but neither is a wolf with a mohawk, blue pelt, slit pupils and bright pink and green fur X3 Even if not usable, just for appearance maybe. Guess it's up to them, but it was pretty cool back in IT.
Halo ~ Queen and creator of Twisted Fury Pack Reborn.

http://TwistedFurypackreborn.wetpaint.com/
- All animal RPG | Over 2000 members | post - apocalyptic | Fantasy

Offline FinalFantasy564

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • And we'll pray together, stars will scream forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 08:50:53 pm »
I'm completely up for these wings! Back then at IT I used to love wings. But all I liked to do is hover around and I would move to places with old fashioned walking. I mean I didn't mind the people hovering over me either. It just made me happy to see that Kovu's work on the wings paid off since people were actually using them. I don't really mind if they look like folded up paper... At least there were wings.
F e l i x . A r v i d . U l f . K j e l l b e r g
Advisor of Cherished Shadows Reborn
http://runwithcsr.wikifoundry.com/

A m o x i o u s . A s e n t i . R i d d l e Beta of White Fire Reborn http://joinwhitefire.wikifoundry.com/

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 09:05:38 pm »
Oh, wings and I. Where do I stand?

On one hand, wings were a fun option on IT. They made for some interesting rps, and I had a fairy character that was just so fun to fly around C:

On the other, this is FH, not IT. Kov has said no wings, and I'm just accepting it. It does add just a slight, much needed challenge to the game and makes things a little more realistic. I never really liked rping flying lions and wolves. Fantasy was just not my thing. I always labeled my rps on IT as "semi realistic." Meaning, you could have crazy colors and whatnot, but no wings or powers.

So no wings is okay with me. Not that I'm against them. I really wouldn't care either way :U I love being a Switzerland in every controversial topic xD

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious