Author Topic: Dem wonderful Shinys (Pokemon)  (Read 3558 times)

Offline DungeonSiegeWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • View Profile
Dem wonderful Shinys (Pokemon)
« on: February 08, 2012, 12:23:20 am »
 After learning what pokemon actually was I decieded to get my first pokemon DS game which was a Pokemon Ranger game, in which I didnt like very much. So with that I wanted to get another pokemon game, which was Pokemon Black.

I've finished it once and now I'm wanting to finish it again. Now I'm wanting to get a shiny pokemon, purrlion to be exact. I've looked up how to get shinys by breeding and most every single one of them is saying to use the Mudusa Method or something which is breeding a different language pokemon with another different language pokemon (Ex: Breeding a Japanese Ditto with a USA pokemon) And I'm not wanting to do that because I really want a shiny without wasting to much time. So, I've gotten two Liepards of mine in hoping to get a shiny purrlion. I've hatched at least 100 eggs and still no luck... And there'll be probably more hatching to come because without using the Mudusa Method the chances of my shiny hatching is 1/8000 something.

So... I probably forever alone never get a shiny purrlion.. And if I DO get a shiny purrlion. My shiny hatching isn't over yet. If I get a female Vuplix in Abundant Shrine I'll be breeding it will a fire type pokemon trying to get a shiny Vuplix.

Offline xLazerWolfx

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dem wonderful Shinys (Pokemon)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 01:18:02 pm »
Pawsome.

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 07:27:40 pm »
Another common method people use is trading a shiny off of a hacked game, or a game where someone used a cheating device to acquire the Pokemon you seek. My friend did it so she could have a completely shiny team, but in my opinion knowingly using Pokemon acquired that way is cheating...

Shiny Pokemon are meant to be extremely hard to get for a reason.... Which does suck.

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 11:37:59 pm »
Well, good luck. Shinies are super rare, and no matter what you do, you are going to be wasting a lot of time to get one. I honestly dont see a point. Sure, they are pretty, but worth the effort of screwing around for weeks to get one? No.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 01:53:27 am »
I haven't seen a shiny (Red Gyarados doesn't count) since Ruby/Sapphire where I found a shiny Carvahna.
Some shinies are nice though, but ugh they're so rare I don't waste any time trying to breed them or run around looking for some.

Offline Shadowcloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Master Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 03:10:35 am »
I have only seen one shiny, that was in my Pokemon Pearl when I was leveling up my Luxray.  It was a shiny shellos so I wasn't to happy xD  The chances are very rare, but I hope you get your shinies!

excuse me while i cry over people that don't exist
haven't been on here in over two years
oops

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 03:30:14 am »
Yeah, I had a shiny Shellos once too, and I saw one other shiny that I can't remember the name of in the wild, but I accidently made it faint with my lvl 100 pokemon XD I have a action  replay thing, so if I looked hard enough I could probably find codes for shinies if I really wanted to (At the end of my pokemon game before i restarted to play again I used a code to get me as many rare candies as I could and just levelled everything up to 100 XD And I used another cheat to get every pokemon XD But I restarted, I only do that when I have finished the game and get bored.)

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Jaytsa

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • .~:Ohai.:~.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 09:45:33 pm »
Yes.....love them shinys ;3 my friend uses an Action Replay(AR for short) and he's got , what, 12 shiny pokemon? I have an AR but i use it to get through walls >< but thats off-topic... one way that I know of to find shinys is when you pass a grass patch/etc look for a shimmer or 'movement' of some sort. they are probably shiny or a rare pokemon of that sort...(careful, run into anything else before you get away it poofs!)
Don't bunt. Aim out of the ballpark.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 01:11:48 am »
That only works for...I think Diamond/Pearl with that Poketech thing. I don't think any other games have the sparkly grass.

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 03:54:54 am »
For my Pokemon Platinum, I found a shiny Swablu with my PokeRadar... but it didn't make me really happy. xD

ヌ - ド ル