Author Topic: Those pesky particles  (Read 1844 times)

Offline DungeonSiegeWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • View Profile
Those pesky particles
« on: December 10, 2012, 01:13:28 am »
My problem with FeralHeart is caused by those evil duplicated particles that spawn after you export a map. However, I have deleted those particles, checked every other files that could be hiding extra particles, and still FH will not work. I have reinstalled too, by copying my FeralHeart folder and pasting it onto my desktop and deleted my original FeralHeart folder and moved the copy to replace it. This still isn't fixing my problem. After I found out about this problem I deleted my exported map and its object files in the exports folder.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Those pesky particles
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 01:20:11 am »
Sometimes the weather files also do the same as the particles. Make sure you checked through your my_objects folder too.

If that doesn't work re-install. You need to create a backup folder for maps/objects/presets, not copy and paste the whole Feralheart folder because that folder might be containing the problems. After copying certain folders onto your desktop, delete the FH folder and then re-install. You can also re-download, it may also help.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline DungeonSiegeWolf

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 01:58:57 am »
I have backedup my necessary folders: my terrains, objects, items, particles, (There were many particles that I wanted, no duplicated  ones) and textures. Once I deleted and re-downloaded FeralHeart and moved my back up folders and replaced them with the original ones I still had the same problem. I will state that I have, before deletion of the FH folder, moved my exported map and its object files into my FeralHeart+ folder. 

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 02:47:26 am »
Hmmm. Did you double check after deleting all the particals?

Offline DungeonSiegeWolf

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 02:52:45 am »
I did

(Edit)

Finally. Out of the millions of objects I had. One simple duplicated particle file made the whole game die. Now that I have found and deleted that particle I now play the game fine.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:20:45 pm by DungeonSiegeWolf »