Author Topic: Have the forums affected your FH experience?  (Read 3415 times)

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Have the forums affected your FH experience?
« on: August 10, 2016, 03:52:15 am »
So, it's come to mind that not many players have always been involved on the forums. I've been asking myself this question lately, and i'm wondering the same for all of you.

When I first started FH, I wasn't into the forums at all, only skimmed news posts and that was it. I was the typical noob whom didn't know the game would no longer be updated. Once I posted on the site just once, I had the urge to continue checking back for more posts and replies to that /one/ post. Well, soon it evolved into an all out obsession with posting and skimming threads. I'd say my in-game experience was drastically changed.
I knew there wouldn't be updates and that there was actual mods to download and install for the game itself, sorta mini-updates. I began seeing people from the site and generally recognizing alot of users. And of course, I started paying attention to who was who at that time, haha.

But, how has the forum and site changed your in-game experience? And not just in-game. Has the forum changed your site experience as well?

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
Re: Have the forums affected your FH experience?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 04:04:14 am »
I remember when I joined I was not interested in the forums at all, and only the game. But then I decided to post on the forum, and got interested in so many stuff that I never knew was there. It also made me more active in the game because of the events, and all sorts of stuff. Then I got more interested in the game, and I almost play it everyday because of the forums.

The forums have changed my site experienced because I noticed how friendly, and active the community was and I decided to be apart of it. I also became more active on the forums and contributed into helping other users and participating in events.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 04:11:24 am »
I've basically had the same experience as you all. I joined FeralHeart just to play the game, but I wanted to do more. So after I returend this year, I gave the forums a try and now I just can't get away from it.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 05:41:37 am »
When I joined FH, I did post on the forums a little, but only to about my 100th post (most of my time on the forums was spent playing games though lol). I lost interest after that though and only played the game

Then came early 2013 and I returned to the forums. I discovered items, custom maps, downloadable markings, and so many other things that I didn't even know existed. I found out who was on the staff team at the time and met so many people, some of which I'm still good friends with to this day (most of my in-game only friends eventually became inactive and I forgot who many of them were). But yeah, the community, the downloadable stuff... really changed the way I saw the game ^^
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 04:00:22 pm »
About maybe a year or so into the game I remember taking some interest in the forums. I don't remember how I really found out about them or why I decided to partake in them, but I'm assuming twelve year old me got bored with the game for a while and then hopped over to the forums to see what was going on there. I remember liking it instantly though, as it kinda felt like a cool place to be even more creative. It also offered me a great way to make new friends and find RP buddies, and I found the forums affecting my in-game life quite a lot. Even now in game, people will stop me and be like, "Hey! You're Kyn from the forums, I know you!" and I have to take a minute to pause and be like, "Wait, you do? Am I really that relevant?" xD But then we always just start talking and its such a great way to make friend and talk to all sorts of people<3
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 04:16:42 pm »
Without the forums I honestly would not be as social as I am now. (Although I've been slightly inactive recently, especially the last 10 days. Both busy and went on holiday to Crete. Although back in November, although I came across as outgoing; I was actually very anxious to talk to people. I seemed slightly intimidated that I would be having conversations with people who are potentially popular in the community, especially on the forums. However it was quite easy for me to then feel more involved in FeralHeart over the forums - because I could then see when and where there were important FH days. People have also gotten to know me more, and I've made more friends over the forums than I've ever expected. So yes, it has indeed. :3

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 05:06:30 pm »
On my original account back in 2013 I never really paid much mind to the forums. However, after my return in summer 2014, I discovered the forums and I was hooked from the moment I made my forum account.

It's really done wonders for me, honestly. Before I participated in the forums, I was really just a rogue roleplayer, jumpin' from group t' group without any static pattern or real friends. The forums got me "out there" more, especially with the active members at the time; and I made some amazin' friends (ye know who ye are). I'm still not too outgoin', since I'm still a bit shy and cynical, but it's nice to know who a lot of people are it's helped me mature a lot. Oh boy that was a run on sentence.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline ToxicWolf9876

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • got nothing to say
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 06:45:05 pm »
When i first joined i wasn't really interested on the forums only to the game, feral heart the game was getting boring so i found a button to go to forums, i saw alot of interesting topics, friendly people & an active community, whenever im stressed i post and i calm down which had helped me alot, i was nervious about my grammar & the way i talk i felt like they wouldn't like me if i did it in a  weird way i spell & talk i only do with my close friends tho

it's also fun to reloplay in the forums and i loved so much forum games & offtopic

my in-game username is "toxicwolf" and you'll rarely find me

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 01:41:42 am »
I first joined and I never got intrested in the forums later I seen the forums it's intresting topics Though I was a noob that time and I would be like HOW DO I POST A TOPIC!? But now FH is more better with the update and the forums :D

Offline RenegadeRaptor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • The Wiccan Wolf
    • http://reccewolf.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 03:57:59 am »
When I first joined- for the 5 years I have been on here, I didn't see a need to be on the forums.. But lately I just wanted to become part of the community, and become friends with so many more people and to find old friends.

~Recce~