Author Topic: NOW BETA TESTING! Forest Clearing Wedding Map (Formerly known as Chapel Map)  (Read 5331 times)

Offline Aberguine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • <'}}}><{
    • View Profile
I came up with an idea for a map that features a chapel.
Once I would do a bit of research, I wouldn't even mind playing priest to "marry" characters.

One problem I see with it is what if the characters want to leave each other?
I thought about simply stating that the unity would last "as long as the love would last".
But another thought occurred to me---what if someone abused this, and had their character get married 50+ times?
Perhaps there should be a limit? I believe in actuality there is a limit to the number of times a person can get married (in the US anyways).

I'm on the fence about the whole idea and I just want some outside opinions--what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 11:01:13 pm by Aberguine »

Offline Aberguine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • <'}}}><{
    • View Profile
Re: Chapel Map?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 04:16:06 pm »
*Bump*

CloudFish

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 07:26:56 pm »
Like map idea. Think would be neat.

Not so fond of "marriage" idea. But is own personal opinion.

Offline Aberguine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • <'}}}><{
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 07:34:50 pm »
Like you, I'm a bit hesitant about the whole marriage idea. I don't think it would ever solve mate-begging and I never intended it to or anything.

I think if I did put a limit on the number of times a user could get married, it'd be something like 2-3 times for a character for up to, say, three characters.

Offline Pakhet

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
    • Forbbiden Lands forum - (c) CloudFish
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 07:39:02 pm »
Marriage shouldn't be binding, methinks. In rp only. But good idea, have a chapel and surrounding gardens and forests. It be purdy.

Another idea: What say only literates get the link and 'beggers are booted? No idiot insta-maters.

Offline Aberguine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • <'}}}><{
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 07:45:28 pm »
I've got some screenshots--it's still a bit of a work in progress, though.

I would have included more cherry trees here, but they were making my computer lag reeeeally badly...

Offline Aberguine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • <'}}}><{
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 07:48:37 pm »
Well, I'd have an "application" that both parties from the couple would have to pm to me. And, again, to keep insta-maters from marrying just to get into someone's pants, I'd have the limit.

Carmilla

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 07:57:36 pm »
Ah, you're giving me ideas. Forum posts regarding incoming marriages, all the finely dressed guests--

Anyway, I surely like the idea and the current progress of the map. It would be nice to spend my in-game time attending weddings instead of remaining perched upon a rock watching people shout "pie-flavoured pie" in General.

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Offline Aberguine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • <'}}}><{
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 08:07:01 pm »
Not a problem at all! Ironically enough, this is keeping my wits sane from planning my own wedding an taking summer classes!

Carmilla

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 08:08:39 pm »
Ah, you're getting married? Congratulations, my girl! If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

... Nevermind, I checked your profile.  May the sun shine all day long, everything go right and nothing wrong. May those you love bring love back to you, and may all the wishes you wish come true!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:10:28 pm by Carmilla »