Author Topic: Arctic Ark  (Read 2860 times)

Irophen

Arctic Ark
« on: April 04, 2011, 01:17:11 am »

Here are some images from my new map, the arctic ark.

In the frozen region of arctica there sits a mysterious structure in the middle of a thawed lake. The residents don't know the history of the tower, only that it is the source of all life and warmth for their land. For the most part they stay inside and enjoy the lush vegetation and the thrilling views, especially when it snows!

There are staircases leading from floor to floor, and water that can be risen through with the F button. No custom objects, so everything should show up. XD

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?5lotemulpcwc94o

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
Re: Arctic Ark
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 01:20:53 am »
Awh. This is gorgeous! <3 I'll definitely try it out soon. ^^

agentred49

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 03:07:24 am »
Impressive, nice work.

Offline Coveran

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Life is linear, we are born, we grow, we die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 03:49:09 pm »
Wow that's very good, i mean, i don't think i ever could do something like that O_o And its awesome :D I'm so gonna download this map and play it :D

//Edit: Just mush say, that those staircases are very hard to limb, since i always get "spit out" a long way from them when i try to get up on them. But i am a very huge character right now when I'm testing it, so it could be because of that too :) Anyway, still love the map.

Some other things are that a few of the trees are flying, and I'm not talking about that great oak tree, I'm talking about those pine trees located in the northeast corner, flying over that cute lake o.O Just saying if you didn't notice that yourself :D
(still love it very much <3)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 04:13:15 pm by Coveran »
I'm an artist, an poet and a .. yeah, you think I would say lover? Wrong. I'm more of a warrior and I'll never back away from a fight cuz i know I can win somehow. Even how small the victory might be.

And I made my own Avatar, so thank you for NOT STEALING XD (Slowpoke(Pokemon) (C) Nintendo)

Irophen

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 08:30:39 pm »
lol, did not notice the flying trees! that's hilarious. I missed it completely. XD

Yeah, the stairs are kinda built for medium to small characters, but they aren't really needed to navigate the structure, one can rise all the way to the top floor through the water with a little experimenting.
Glad you liked it!

Offline Coveran

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Life is linear, we are born, we grow, we die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 08:50:52 pm »
I saw in your first post that you could do that, that was a very good idea :) I always have a hard time climbing and jumping stuff xD i always fall off, so the "rising in the water" is just so cool.
Hah, yeah, i checked the map kinda all around when i ran around on it xD So love it, and i think im gonna have to make others i know download it too :)
I dont think the pines need to be put down on the ground though, since i think the middle is the main attraction :D
I'm an artist, an poet and a .. yeah, you think I would say lover? Wrong. I'm more of a warrior and I'll never back away from a fight cuz i know I can win somehow. Even how small the victory might be.

And I made my own Avatar, so thank you for NOT STEALING XD (Slowpoke(Pokemon) (C) Nintendo)