Author Topic: bad token loading custom map  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
bad token loading custom map
« on: September 03, 2019, 09:23:05 pm »
so a bad token basically means that something didn't load correctly, yes? i looked at all the help threads i could find to figure out this problem and all they really said was that there's probably too many items in my map for it all to load, thus giving me the bad token, and to keep trying and i'll eventually get in.
i've been trying to get into this map for 3 days now, i'm assuming it's just too large for my computer to handle but over those 3 days i've been taking out items trying to make it easier to load. at this point i've taken out over a quarter of the detail and i've definitely loaded maps bigger and more detail heavy than this, but i'm still getting bad tokens and connection errors.
is there anything else that could be causing this??

in-game: hooli

Rhakorra

Re: bad token loading custom map
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 09:52:43 pm »

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 10:02:34 pm »
No, i don't see how that really ties into my bad token issue seeing as that's solving a crashing problem.. i reinstalled the DirectX that was linked on the thread and it didn't help anything.

Rhakorra

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 10:40:47 pm »
No, i don't see how that really ties into my bad token issue seeing as that's solving a crashing problem.. i reinstalled the DirectX that was linked on the thread and it didn't help anything.

You said "bad tokens and connection errors". I was only trying to help.

I'll keep looking.

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 11:20:49 pm »
i'm sorry, my reply was a bit rude, this issue is just really stumping me and it's been getting frustrating ;__; ty for looking and trying to help <3

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 03:38:12 am »
That happens to me, always get in second try though.
If you have windows try task manager & see what's eating all your power?
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 03:54:57 am »
Just to get things clear, the bad token has 90% to do with the connection between server and the client(you).

Getting a bad token is usually because of weak connections(on your or others part) or it could be because the server is having a hard time dealing with all the data needed to be transferred to everyone that's playing, sometimes even a lil of both.

Though you shouldn't get bad token repeatedly over and over again, then it's most likely something with your connection towards the server. However, anyone can bump into a bad token from time to time.

I connected and ran to flourite just fine, so my guesses are that it's your connection that isn't strong enough.

The advice I would give you would be.

Turning off all the applications on your computer that noms on internet bandwidth such as downloading programs, streaming applications or maybe even IM programs like aim or msn.

Another thing you can do if you use wireless internet is that you place yourself closer to the source for a stronger connection.

Also if you have other computers or devices connected to the internet, shut them off.

And you should be good to go.

If that doesn't help, I'd just suggest waiting til later since it might be your network that runs slow in general, but that would be dragging things out to the extreme.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 04:09:06 am »
a lot of people have been getting this issue recently. i'm thinking it's server-side, so it's probably nothing to do with your connection.

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 05:52:43 am »
That could be possible as well, it's hard to figure out when you aren't aware of what's causing it. If your connection is usually decent then perhaps it is a server issue/bug.