Author Topic: Feral Heart Wolfaboos  (Read 14392 times)

Offline BlueKinTsukiko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Heart Wolfaboos
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 06:46:27 am »
I think its safe to say that if I see any child or small teenager saying that they are getting a pet wolf and have no idea that a wolf/dog breed is nothing like a regular dog than I would feel very sorry for the animal and not the owners. The reason for this is because I too am getting a pet wolf, but I AM being trained by it from my family members. And its a part of us to have a animal that we ourselves are to never part with till it dies, and we even breed them professionally. We don't train it like a dog, we train it like a wolf, people would tell a dog no, we don't tell it no, we growl at the pup so it understands not because we are to hurt it, but to use its language. A wolf itself is similar to a dog if trained like it, but it will not be tamed nearly as well unless you use its language it already knows by nature itself.
And even thinking that a wolf/dog mix is even close to a dog is silly, some can be trained that well, yes i'll give them that, but they are also put down a lot. Given away, and even if they say its a "mix" It might not be and you have the pure blood animal in your house. Wolves are a beautiful creature, not to be confused with a pet, or just a regular dog at all, but deserve the utmost respect by not having one. Even though I'm being trained to have one, and it takes a year or two to finish it all up, I am still not going to get one until I live close to one of the family members whose had wolves for years. The fact that these people don't even know the animals well, yet they love them so much is very well....silly, why would you not know something about the animals you love if you care for them so much? Really guys, come on, their a wild animal with a many breeds, many color differentiations and even eating habits are slightly different depending on the bio and time of year. Grey wolves actually go fishing for salmon during the seasons they head upriver, well now, not alot of people know that those wolves can eat fish sometimes do they? Nope, not a single bit of knowledge is shown about what they think they know so much about.

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 12:35:37 pm »
I've never met anyone like that in game, but I know of wolfaboos. You just have to remember they are only kids that really love an animal. I'm sure when they're older they will learn that other exciting animals exist.

I love wolves, I think they're smart the way they're animals but they are able to sort out pack hierarchy, but lions and meerkats other animals manage that too. But I also love foxes, weasels, cats and anything and lives in the sea.

It's nice that they want to stand up for their favourite animal and defend something, it just a shame they don't want to research and educate their selves about the animal.

Offline Smilodoncat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 03:25:28 pm »
Oh gosh...wolfaboos.
These guys are why I don't like wolves and don't have a single wolf character. I mean, I don't mind the real animal, but I don't like seeing all these cliche wolf characters all over the internet that are all exactly the same. I have no problem if you like wolves and have wolf characters, I just personally don't like them very much.

But wolfaboos, oh my gosh. This one time I was roleplay fighting a wolf character with a hyena character of mine. This random sparkle-wolf approaches us and the conversation goes something along the lines of:

Random Wolf: A hyena wouldn't last a minute against a wolf in real life.
Nyota Kali (Me): Umm...a hyena would probably win. They are stronger pound for pound.))
Random Wolf: No, wolves are 5 times as big as hyenas. I know all about wolves.
Nyota Kali: Maybe, but you clearly don't know all about hyenas. Spotted hyenas and grey wolves are about the same size))
Random Wolf: No!!! Wolves are much stronger than stupid hyenas!!! I KNOW ALL ABOUT WOLVES!!!

Then I just blocked her and continued on with the roleplay.
I've had plently of other encounters with wolfaboos on Feral Heart, this one was just probably the most extreme.

Offline Takawolfplayer

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • ... With the unrealistic wolf OC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 05:08:33 pm »
@Blue
  Yep, they do eat fish, and they do eat some types of fruit and nuts. Sort of like grizzlies, I must say. Except most of the time, grizzlies prefer to eat grass, berries, and nuts, whilst wolves, only eat them a small percentage of the time, either while prey isn't available or if they need to eat. I've seen wolves eat grass, just like dogs, because it is a "filler" to help vomit up the food they do not need.
  But Blue, don't you require a permit for where you live? Unless, of course, your in a state that allows it, or you live out of the U.S.
  As a mammalogist I have done much research on wolves, and many other animals, and, in fact, wolves are never tame animals. No wild or domestic animal is exactly "tame", but they are owned. I've seen reports on people getting bitten and stomped by many animals that they thought were tame, including feral dogs and cats (i.e. lions, tigers, dingos, wolves, foxes), because they were not treated the correct way.
  So, I highly hope you are professional, but whatever rocks your boat is fine. I am not trying to interfere with you or your family's tradition, I am just stating some of my research. Good luck and hopefully you do well. C:

real wishes granted: http://www.real-wishes.com

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 09:28:31 pm »
I love wolves.
But I'm not a Wolfaboo.

I saw some pretty Iberian Wolves yesterday, and in my honest opinion they are more beautiful than the American or Timber or every wolf ones.
Sadly they're like 300 in Portugal and about 2,000 in Iberian Peninsula. (See how they are almost really being extinct?)

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Aniuk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • mesh requests? pm me~
    • giddyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2013, 09:58:40 pm »
Okay, I might love foxes but not to a horrid extent. I have never encountered a foxtard or wolfaboo {I feel so funny typing that.} but I know they're there. All animals should be treated equally, deadly or harmless. Wolves or butterflies. Now now, wolves, fox & other wild canine may be my favorites, all animals are great. However, as stated before me I'm sure, some species are endangered, so some of them may have a point.

sig by pokrova on deviantART

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 03:39:59 am »
*sigh* Wolfaboos...well, "aboos" of anything are never a good thing.

What's especially annoying/saddening about wolfaboos is that by spouting misinformation and promoting this romanticized "Noble Savage/Furry Martyr" image of the wolf, they are doing much more harm to the species they worship love than good.

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline snake_eyes

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 04:11:17 am »
I love wolves.
But I'm not a Wolfaboo.

I saw some pretty Iberian Wolves yesterday, and in my honest opinion they are more beautiful than the American or Timber or every wolf ones.
Sadly they're like 300 in Portugal and about 2,000 in Iberian Peninsula. (See how they are almost really being extinct?)

I just looked up images of iberian wolves. I agree that they are really pretty. Lucky you for encountering such a rare species. They deserve much more support. c:

Wolfaboos can get rather annoying, especially when they act as if wolves are above any other kind of animal. Pet wolves are a definate no. It isn't right to just take a wild creature out of its natural habitat and expect them to be okay with it. At any point instincts can have it attack and turn on the human keeping it. The owner will get hurt or possible killed and the animal put down. No one wins.

Offline Takawolfplayer

• Curious Wanderer
  • ... With the unrealistic wolf OC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 07:20:44 pm »
  Iberian wolves are a natural beauty, and are one of my favorite types of wolf. I only have seen pictures of 'em, so lucky you, Kiji!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 07:22:31 pm by TakaWolfPlayer »

real wishes granted: http://www.real-wishes.com

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 08:56:47 pm »
I prefer Ethiopian wolves, they need more help then most canines and I think they might even be the most endangered out of all the wolves.

I don't believe in keeping any wild canine as a pet, it's bonkers. Wolves will eventually want to be alpha anyway wouldn't they? I can see any wolf or wolf dog owner getting killed by their pet. The only wild canine I agree with is a fennec fox, what damage is that going to do any one lol, I think by now they have been domesticated enough for anyone to have one.