Author Topic: <~>Maze Runner Meshs Wanted/Needed<~>  (Read 5410 times)

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
<~>Maze Runner Meshs Wanted/Needed<~>
« on: February 19, 2015, 06:03:43 am »

Alrighty folks, I have recently decided to make a map based off of the film 'The Maze Runner' since recently watching this film it appears that I am rather obsessed. Most of the meshes I needed for this map were relatively easy to find, and most suited what I'd need in order to produce this map. However, when coming to the thought that I'd need to also add in one of the main aspects of the film and predator of the maze, it seemed that I couldn't find this or anything remotely similar. Therefore I was wondering whether anyone could make or knows of anything whom owns a mesh along the lines of this. So you guys know what I am looking for here is a small selection of images;

Here is some description off of a website on what they look like; "It is described as being a bulbous, dark creature, with many appendages such as spikes, shears, and rods. A Griever can 'sting' Gladers, or prick them, which causes extreme pain for up to days or weeks. Stung Gladers who take the Grief Serum are able to regain some of their memories during 'The Changing.' If a Glader does not take the serum, they die."
"Designing the scary Grievers had many challenges. Slugs and coconut crabs were a huge influence for me in finding the overall body shape. The head was a bit tricky, since in the book they have no face, only a big ugly mouth. It's basically a mixture of caterpillars, bulldogs and even piranhas.

"Wes wanted some specific changes and attachments in the design, like this mechanical scorpion tail. That was a bit challenging because my first design couldn't work with a scorpion tail. Hence the body structure needed to be much lower on the ground."

Also, another suspect in the movie was a Beetle Blade. They are almost millipede like and were used to watch over the Gladers/people but they also informed the Grievers on where the Gladers were. Unlike the previous creature these are in fact a lot smaller and easier, as well as being a lot more appealing to look at. However, these aren't as important as the Griever and these creatures didn't make an appearance, however they were mentioned by the Gladers. To give ya'll an idea on their appearance here is a few images;

Just so you know a little more about them here is a little description off of a website; "Beetle Blades are the property of WICKED. They are programmed to spy on the Gladers. The Gladers also believe the Beetle Blades alert the Grievers where they are. They are silver with a cylindrical body about 3 inches in diameter and 10 inches in length. They have 12 jointed legs running the length of their body. A bright, blinding red light is emitted through the beetle's eye. WICKED is 'smeared across the torso; as if they had been written in blood.' The Gladers mentioned to never touch them. They were common in the maze but also appeared in the WICKED headquarters."

"The Beetle Blades didn't [end] up in the film, but I had a blast working on them. At the very beginning we thought about to make them biomechanical, similar to the Grievers. Wes wanted something like a mutated sowbug and they needed to look scary. They ended up as centipede-robots, however I tried to give them a very organic look. They have a translucent shell from where you can see all the machinery inside its body. It's basically an observation camera, so I tried to make the design very functional."

The site; http://filmsketchr.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/heres-what-grievers-almost-looked-like.html

So there you have it, if you haven't seen this movie I would really recommend it. Action packed and really entertaining, but also a few saddening scenes. Anyhow, these are the meshes I am looking for to help be do the map and make it a lot like the film. I don't need them right away as I am only starting to build the map and fiddle on with the terrains and everything else. Feel free to post below or email me with anything.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 06:07:09 am by Taylor »
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.