Author Topic: Mid [~10] Map Pack, development /image heavy, updates in comments  (Read 6663 times)

Offline iico

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • SVTURNVL
    • SVTURNVL
    • snarpo
    • View Profile
iico's map pack
heeeyy look it's a little prettier now... dissolving my OCD lol

Building up a roleplaying world in my free time between projects and whenever I can't sleep.
I'd like some input on what kind of maps you'd like to explore and/or just personal opinions on what makes a map good.

Will have 5 maps 8 maps man who knows at this point, more if I have the extra time. Will also come with a preset for my character Xerxes, who will pop up in the maps from time to time.
Most maps already have set name. Maps are from a fantasy universe that I've been daydreaming about for a while. Brain dump folder on Drive: Terran Gaia [placeholder name]. Roughly translates to "People of the Earth/World."

Maps can be used for private roleplays but will ultimately be ruled by my own roleplay, which will eventually be made. soon. sometime.

STREAM [OFFLINE]
I may stream work on the maps from time to time. Check back later if you miss it :B

MAPS

An asterisk * and maroon text indicates which maps are currently being worked on. Striked name means it has been completed.

* Aelaemel: Largest map [~25000 ingame units]. Plains/mountains/major lake, rivers, and an oceanside. Mostly forest, though there are a lot of different kinds. Permanent fall and winter forests to the north and around mountains. It is largely inspired by Skyrim's and Cyrodiils' environment.
From placeholder readme:
      - Mountains, rivers, meadows, thickets, dens and caves, abandoned buildings, forgotten statues
      - [LANDMARK] Windy Pass. Cuts through the mountains to make an easily traversable path. Also leads to the [unfinished] province of
      - [LANDMARK] Mount Aldermere. Largest mountain within the map
      - [LANDMARK] The Old Tree, largest tree within the map
      - [LANDMARK] Lake Ardwich, largest [and only] lake
      - [LANDMARK] Somerwick's Bend, where normal/summer forest leads into the Fall forest
      - [LANDMARK] Hunter's Falls, leads to Lake Ardwich, most abundant in prey.
      - [LANDMARK] Achewind, the Northeastern mountains where snow constantly blankets the land 
      - [LANDMARK] The Stargate, portal back to the Starway & Cape
      - Connections to all maps; all temples, ruins, caves and other provinces.
      - More undecided landmarks...
      - A variety of posed prey to hunt.
Norbarrow: Large tunnel system between maps. Forgotten ruin.
[unnamed province]: Marsh/swamp.
[unnamed cave]: ...
[unnamed province]: Tundra.
* [The Colosseum]: Arena for roleplay or general fights. Connected to the Temple of Myvdione, Goddess of War.
[Temple of Myvdione]: Another temple to a Goddess from the universe I've been creating. Leads to the Arena.
Randrarus: Desert.
Ralleru Ruins: SpoOoOooPy ruins. Connection between Norbarrow and Temple of Xerxes.
Whitesage Village-like? Also kind of a moot point? Dunno. Name taken from "Whiterun" from Skyrim.
* Temple of Xerxes: Temple to a God from the universe I've been creating. Edgy™. Has a bunch of skulls surrounding shrine [god of death/rebirth/??] and torture room. Very run-down and decrepit ruin. Has branching cave.
[temples]: will update this with more temples. Specific [small] temples to Gods of the world. See Religion page on Terran Gaia.
* The Starway: A "nexus." Connection to all provinces, excluding caves/temples/etc. Also has portals to pocket realms, such as Myvdione's realm and Xerxes' realm, that can be accessed through this map or the other maps. This is where you will enter Aelaemel and where you can go back to Cape.
ROLEPLAY
[Will be changed in the future.] Kind of strict, but necessary ...

1. ALL MAPS ARE PUBLIC. You do not have permission to claim a part of a map as "your own" OUT OF CHARACTER.
      2. You may claim a part of a map IN CHARACTER. Please keep territorial disputes in character., yadda yadda
      3. Please keep IC drama out of OOC drama, yadda yadda
      4. Be respectful to OOC characters if you are IC, and vice versa, yadda yadda
      5. ANYONE, including roleplay groups, an IC character, or just a person wanting to explore, is welcome in this map.
      ** 8. Please follow the Feralheart Game Rules and Guidelines that have not been made inapplicable by previous rules. http://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=18317.0
         ** Even though this map is considered a "private" map, and may have it's own rules, it is still open to public download and thus must follow the Official Game Rules.
NOTES

Need low-poly candle mesh

Will update with more screenshots later.
Screenshots will be posted throughout the comments
uh.................................

Highly inspired by Skyrim's environment, Elder Scrolls series in general for the lore.
Will try to get to the same level of detail, will probably have to make the maps smaller to get all the details in or make them simpler, engine from mid 2000s doesn't handle all the objects very well....

Because the maps will have a high amount of detail and objects in them, the game may have a large frame drop and differing loading times depending on your processor. I have a decent processor and it normally drops from 60fps to 30, and freezes for a moment when loading.
It's HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you turn view distance to 0. Without it you would get 2 frames per second :B

Some more detailed areas of the game are VERY laggy when approached, yet aren't far away or with F3, hm..
It may take a long time to load into the maps, and your game may freeze for a small period of time. To avoid crashing, don't click anything when the maps are loading, and/or avoid some areas.

SCREENSHOTS
Album: https://sta.sh/27qc3luowld?edit=1

Bro's Hybrid ENB, realistic lighting mod:  http://fav.me/dac27ul] CLICK LINK /changed to Bro's Graphics X which is just a sweetfx preset that is a lot more forgiving to my processor... lol

[Preset] Xerxes

With ENB / Without
More screens

CREDITS

World Machine was used to generate the terrains used in open maps

[music]
Jeremy Soule, composer of the Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim OST.
Rebecca Kneubuhl and Gabriel Mann, composer of the Legend of Spyro series OST.
Howard Shore, composer of the piece "Lothlorien" of the Lord of the Rings OST.
All rights reserved to Bethesda Softworks, Sierra Entertainment, New Line Home Entertainment, INC.
I DO NOT CLAIM THESE NOR WILL I EVER MAKE A PROFIT OFF OF THEM.

World of Warcraft meshes converted by BurnsightFH on Deviantart for public use. Statues / Rocks / Trees
Winter texture pack and various meshes by giddyfox on Deviantart for public use. Textures / House / Roebuck / Elk / Dragon
Various meshes, such as gravestones and bridges, converted by Tetsu for public use. Post
Various meshes converted/made by Thierry for public use. Post
World of Warcraft meshes converted by InkyWulf for public use. Post
Particles by Zaephyr for public use link
Particles by Glave for public use link
Lightning and butterfly particles by Kuri link

If I have used your objects in this map and have not given you credit, please contact me so I can!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 09:51:41 pm by iico »

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Small [~5] Map Pack, development /images
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 10:55:22 pm »
These screenshots are beautiful!!! Your map looks lovely. I can't wait to see the finished product ^^
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

AshesRemain

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 11:11:03 pm »
Lovely looking map and preset!!!! And you can't help that glitchy noise at the beginning of songs. It happens all the time. xD

SpicyPricey

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 11:12:35 pm »
The map reminds me of Last Guardian

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 11:12:47 pm »
This map looks stunning! Especially with the ENB. I would love to see the end product.
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png

Offline iico

• SVTURNVL
    • SVTURNVL
    • snarpo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 11:28:55 pm »
@MograWolf: thank you ^^ finished product probably won't be here for another few months, lol
@AshesRemain: thanks! also, hnnn :'( guess i'll just have to deal with being startled every 3 mins LOL
@SpiceyPricey: i take that as a compliment!!!!! also have been watching the game grumps play it while putting objects down, it probably influenced what it looked like heavily x)
@Joji: thanks :> unfortunately it looks kind of tacky with the sudden contrast in the Temple with the WoW trees, I installed the ENB so it would look less saturated. Also rocks from other item packs and the WoW packs visually clash (sob). not going to try and edit the textures so i'll have to make do.

UPDATE: Ceiling "holes," yay or nay? Flatplane.mesh is textured with a custom moving SkyMat so it looks realistic. Unfortunately it also means that it's constantly daytime.

God rays are also reeeaaaallllyyy "slidey" and are hard to work with. Always stay parallel to the screen, so in some angles it looks like they're coming out of the rocks instead...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:04:55 am by caiir »

Offline iico

• SVTURNVL
    • SVTURNVL
    • snarpo
    • View Profile
Re: Mid [~8] Map Pack, development /images, updates in comments
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 05:27:23 am »
Finished terrain for Aelaemel :)

sorry about big watermark.... dont want people stealing it lol

it is 25,000 units big, which should take me.... 5 years to complete it!! LOL
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 05:33:32 am by iico »

Offline iico

• SVTURNVL
    • SVTURNVL
    • snarpo
    • View Profile
Re: Mid [~10] Map Pack, development /images, updates in comments
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 04:53:23 am »
Update:
Aelaemel is actually being worked on! WOW
This little piece was done in one day :)
[also ignore the text in the top left, forgot to turn off MSI overlay.. whoops!]
Some screenies:

Small cave + thicket!

Day vs night...

Inside of the cave + smaller den for members of a group

Healer's den, outside and inside + details!

Leader's/more secluded den, with some trinkets inside lol

Freyja is nice and warm! :D

[Screenshot album]

Sneak peak at the WIP Colosseum...

« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 12:29:05 am by iico »

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: Mid [~10] Map Pack, development /image heavy, updates in comments
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 05:20:29 am »
Oml, this map looks so beautiful.

I can't even describe the words, everything about the way the map looks is great!
Good job, and I cannot wait til its out and there are more screenies, kudos to you!<333
not active here anymore ♡

Offline iico

• SVTURNVL
    • SVTURNVL
    • snarpo
    • View Profile
Re: Mid [~10] Map Pack, development /image heavy, updates in comments
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 11:33:50 pm »
Oml, this map looks so beautiful.

I can't even describe the words, everything about the way the map looks is great!
Good job, and I cannot wait til its out and there are more screenies, kudos to you!<333

Thank you very much <3333

Would anyone like to watch a stream of me building these maps? Probably not done on this forum a lot but w/e lol. Picarto

Hunter's falls progress: ignore text, forgot to disable that too

« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 12:29:26 am by iico »