Author Topic: Why has the YT community turned so cruel? (Warning; Rant.)  (Read 6022 times)

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
Why has the YT community turned so cruel? (Warning; Rant.)
« on: June 21, 2016, 09:11:56 pm »
Not many of you might have seen this video but... Guys...
Today, youtube put a "rainbow heart icon" next to their logo. Many of you know what it means, when clicking it, you could go to this video in particular:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtCyepuLt8Q

But...
The video is perfect.
it was.
Until i saw the comment box and the likes/dislikes part.
Out of 2.302.000 views, 107K were dislikes, only 87k were likes.

I was so damn sad to see so many homophobic comments in such a big community, then i realized the YT community was almost rotten to the core :( , the fact that the world still has people who feel repulse towards people who simply have different likes and dislikes, i even saw some nazi and pretty racist comments. It was so freaking sad, that i decided to share this with all of you, i want to remind you all that we should stay the same, FH is a much greater community than what i've thought until now; we have a LOT of users, and i bet most of them tolerate LGBT, if you don't, its okay, but i haven't seen any attacks towards LGBT people on here yet, and that makes me proud because we're a LOT of persons, big big crowds, also big hearts. I just wanted to take this weight out of my back, you're free to give out your opinions.
Sorry if this thread causes problems, i just want to express my worry for this increasing homophobia.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 02:33:52 am by SophyTheLioness »
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: Why has the YT community turned so cruel? (Warning; Rant.)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 09:24:37 pm »
Truly it is sad, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions and such and they're free to express it, even though there will be a few people out there that would see otherwise. In My Opinion I didn't even know about the cute icon until now and I think it's a nice little change since YouTube usually changes / add things that associates to the occasions that could be happening around the world and it's probably out of respect.

But as long as we have helpful, supportive people out there, the community doesn't have to be so cruel or heartless because there's some good in it, if that makes sense. Times change and so do people's way of thinking because we're constantly evolving, while others remain the same and again, it's how they view things. It may not be the same reasoning or the way you may want to see it. But we also have to allow their right to speak out on what they feel about it.

We can try and tell them one thing but it'll be like talking to a brick wall and some are stubborn or just don't / aren't ready to accept and we have to at least consider / respect their opinions and move away from it because it could potential hurt / wound them.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 09:29:31 pm »
I saw the video, and the comments were very impolite, and very rude. It is upsetting to see people still haven't accepted the LGBT community. People should accept what someone is. It does not matter if there different, they are still human being and have feelings. LGBT people are people, and should be accepted and valued. We are all people, and should accept each other differences. If people don't like the LGBT community they should just move on with there life, and ignore it instead of being rude, and making hate comments on them.

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 09:32:17 pm »
Yes, it's very sad that people dislike such a nice thing. I honestly don't understand why people don't like that. Such a shame.

Sadly, there's no changing the way people see things. Trying to tell them how ok the thing is won't change anything. But that's just humanity.

It's not just people on YouTube who are like that. The whole world is full of people like that. Nyeh, I will never understand people. I just kinda... Let them think what they want? I don't really worry about it too much.

Reading the comments though... *mega sigh*

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 09:46:35 pm »
It is quite depressing and sad. People always complain about how much this world is just falling apart what with all the wars and hate going on. But then they will go nuts over something like this just because they refuse to accept it. What a twisted world we live in...

Offline RisingDemise

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I'm a part of too many fandoms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 01:50:39 am »
The Youtube Comment section in such a case is hardly even filled with real people. I doubt any of them would actually have the guts to tell them such awful things to their face. For a video about tolerance the comment section isn't the slightest bit tolerable. I for one think it's a very nice video. If people want to be who they want to be, then let them. I don't know why people have to always be offended by every little thing, especially when it has nothing to do with them. I think the best thing to do here is... pretend that the youtube commenters just don't exist.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 03:14:12 pm »
Who cares what other people think about something you did not create/make?

It's their opinions, that they are totally entitled to, and if that's how they feel, than that's how they feel.

Hell, they may have liked the message but not the video.

It won't matter in the long-run so it's not really worth fussing or complaining over, in my truly honest opinion.
This is the internet, no one is here to really cater to anyone's views, and you will always find opposition to your beliefs, ways of living, etc.
The Internet favors no one, and neither do the people who use it.

I'm sorry if this sounds cruel, but it's the way things are.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 03:50:18 pm »
Welll a lot of Youtube is trolls, first off. They find amusement into baiting people into acting "triggered" and ranting to them.
Or even in real life, LGBT goes against certain cultures. I mean, I'm closeted bi and I'm wary to come out to my own parents.

It's not that this makes the world a bad place or anything, it's just hard for our demographic.

Also, this may seem mean, or cruel, but keep in mind, this is how me and many other LGBTs feel.
The more attention you put on something, even with good intentions, the outcome is usually bad.
A. With all these people blowing the whole LGBT thing out of proportion and making this whole section on youtube, it almost feels... mocking. I honestly couldn't tell if any one of those people were actually LGBT, or just getting paid by Google so that they could look better as a website. It also makes it more likely that non-LGBT supporters would get annoyed, and if an extremist comes along, we could have another shooting like what happened in Orlando.
B. People might claim to be LGBT for attention and exaggerate stereotypes and be very immature and make other, REAL LGBTs feel embarrassed. Or if people make up "nonsense" identities, that's what the internet sees, and they label the whole demographic as behaving that way as a result.

Sorry this got a little ranty, I'm just stating how I feel.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Cherryheart

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • shrek lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 04:04:55 pm »
Apparently a portion of the users are from 4chan and reddit.

i sleep with a gun under my pillow pet

Offline Raddlegoose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 04:22:38 pm »
  I just lost faith in humanity again... The comment section is so filled with jerks who think someone expressing who they are is bad. :I