Author Topic: I Have A Slight Question  (Read 1513 times)

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
I Have A Slight Question
« on: October 20, 2015, 09:06:58 pm »
I know I said I would be away for a while, and I still am planning to be, but I have a slight question about the activation email issue that has been floating about.

I had made an account a while ago, and I used my Hotmail email to make it. Though I was fully within the time limit of creating the account I never received an activation email. I had waited two weeks before giving up, and was still allowed to run about on the account I had created on the game. Yet when one of my characters got stuck I went to try to reset it by using the site it refused me to log into the account due to it never being activated. Upset I had lost the account I waited, and I was able to catch the registration once more last night to make another account. This time I used a g-mail email to make, it and I received the activation email immediately.

I know you are most likely wondering what my point is on this, but...I was curious. Is it possible that some types of email don't work well with Feral Heart. Like for instance my Hotmail account. It never received the activation email even though I was within the time limit of creating the account. Yet it works perfectly fine with g-mail accounts. Do you think this is why some accounts never receive activation emails?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:08:51 pm by Sietara »

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: I Have A Slight Question
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 09:22:17 pm »
Hmm, I do not think it matters what type of email ye use to make y'er account, but some emails may 'ave preferences as to what is junk and what is not. Did ye ever check y'er spam section f'er the activation link? That could be where it ended up in. When I changed m'email on this account, I waited a few days with no luck. Then it occurred to me to check m'spam, and what do ye know-'twas there all along!

It could also be it just didn't send. If that ever does happen to ye again, attempt a log in to the forum and 'twill tell ye 'twasn't activated yet. 'Twill then give ye the option to 'ave another activation email sent to ye.

I hope this helps ye deary. If not, it may 'ave just been bad luck. :/

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 11:05:51 pm »
Hmm, I do not think it matters what type of email ye use to make y'er account, but some emails may 'ave preferences as to what is junk and what is not. Did ye ever check y'er spam section f'er the activation link? That could be where it ended up in. When I changed m'email on this account, I waited a few days with no luck. Then it occurred to me to check m'spam, and what do ye know-'twas there all along!

It could also be it just didn't send. If that ever does happen to ye again, attempt a log in to the forum and 'twill tell ye 'twasn't activated yet. 'Twill then give ye the option to 'ave another activation email sent to ye.

I hope this helps ye deary. If not, it may 'ave just been bad luck. :/

It in fact did occur to me that the mail could have been sent as junk or spam mail, and I did check there, but it never did send. That's why I was a bit curious. Though it does upset me some that it didn't send. f it just happened to happen that seems a tad odd to me. That's why I have been trying to make sense of it other than the issue being a error. I felt it might have had to be something more. WHich made me realize maybe it's the e-mail type. I still might be wrong, but I am not sure. Might be worth looking into or thinking about is all.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline hcj2000

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I am what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 06:36:37 pm »
I would expect it to matter on what brand of mail you use. I mean my dad is a computer programmer and he knows a lot about computers and well I used my g-mail account on FH so my parents wouldn't get all the mail cause they don't even play the game XD. Anyways when I got the activation email it didn't consider it spam or junk mail it just sent to my inbox now for you I don't know how hotmail works I have never used it but electronics are a weird thing so its possible that hotmail considers it junk or spam
We are all perfectly imperfect don't let anyone decide who you should be just be yourself if someone calls you a mistake thats ok cause none of us are perfect

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 10:52:01 pm »
I doubt this is the case, especially since both my first accounts were Hotmail. Few other accounts I used to have were yahoo.

This account is hotmail, so was my first.

Sorry to hear you lost your account.
RETIRED.