Author Topic: FlyingGrass' Animations(Update in progress)  (Read 6655 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
FlyingGrass' Animations(Update in progress)
« on: October 03, 2017, 10:20:05 am »
I've created feline animations.

I'm working on a V2 of these animations.

I didn't focus on the realism, but I made sure the paws don't sink into the ground(I stopped the body from sinking into the ground in the Lean pose, no more instant quicksand ground). The uncurl animation has been changed to end in a collapsed position, at the cost of the smoothness of the transition from plop to curl.

Text documents recovered, I can now add the 8th update to the changelog.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1f8RbJvTq4cnM6IAYObYgXqhDpfmHp-Yo < Very old version of my animations, I'm working on making another version.

I made a backup of the save file of my feline animations, then started messing with the emote animations.
Download of wierd emote animation:Mediafire

This is now not the final release, there may will be more updates in the future.

Feline changelog
1st update: Reworked the idle pose | changed some of the transitions | fixed the walk | fixed the head and tail in the stretch | added a bit more spine movement to the run | reduced the head tilt in the run.

2nd update: Fixed the Crouch pose(It cut in the middle) | animated the tail in the Idle | fixed the unnatural position of one paw in the walk | animated the tail in the roar animation, can't remember what else I updated if I updated anything else in the animation.

3rd update: Fixed the tail and head in the moonwalk | changed the hind legs in the crouch | fixed the tail in the crouch | I can't remember what else I changed.

4th update: Fixed the front-right leg in the idle | Made the tongue not clip through the teeth | Changed the shape of the tongue in the ShowTongue animation | Altered the Headswing dance a little | Ear movement in the walk | Back paw movement in the walk | Fixed the length of the fall animation.

5th update: Re-made the head movement in the walk cycle | Altered the legs a bit in the run cycle | Increased the length of the roar | Made changes to the pose transitions | Fixed the tail twist in the idle.

6th update: Fixed the crawl for now | Put more toe movement in the walk cycle | Altered the tail movement in the walk cycle | Altered the lean animation, bringing the paws closer to the body | Altered the curl animation so the leg no-longer clips through the neck | The legs don't break the sound barrier in the jump now.

7th update: Run cycle has front legs a tiny bit less synchronized | Walk cycle has more head movement | Altered the roar a bit | Headswing has a bit of front-leg movement, as well as more hind leg movement | Stretch altered a bit | Tail no-longer freezes in the roar | More movement in the plop animation to simulate breathing | Curl transition altered a bit to spread the left leg out more | Updated update 7 to fix the twitching shoulders in the run cycle.

8th update: Altered the Headswing a bit more | Added more body swing to the walk(The back does kind of a bounce in the walk now, and the chest also moves) | Removed the shoulder roll from the headbang, because to me it looked like there was no room for organs in the chest | Altered the front legs a bit in the jump | Altered the head and neck a bit in the Idle | Edit to the hind legs in the Idle pose | Minor tweak to the roar | Lengthened the Layidle pose and the Roll pose | The Roll pose looks smoother now, but it's not perfect | Completely re-worked the Buttswing dance, it's a whole different dance now | Lengthened the fall animation | Tweaked the 8th update to fix the length of the Headbang dance.

9th update: I just couldn't unsee the press-up dance's resemblance to... :/, but I kept it in old versions as not everyone thinks the press-ups dance looks like what I thought it looks like. The Headbang dance now looks like the feline is being fed, but I can change it to anything, it'll stay different in future updates.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 03:44:43 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: FlyingGrass' Feline Animations
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 07:03:54 pm »
Tested.  i like the roar and the stretch.  And the way the shoulders roll with headbang.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:07:17 pm by Kuri »
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 09:17:36 pm »
Tested.  i like the roar and the stretch.  And the way the shoulders roll with headbang.
The shoulder roll is meant to simulate breathing, it's also there to let the legs fold up enough to lower the body down, I'll keep it like that next update.
The stretch has the head freezing, the walk has the tail moving to one side only, I'll update these animations soon to fix those two things(The stretch pose will only have the head and tail changed).

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 09:21:27 pm »
Ayee, glad to see you got your animations up and going ^^
I'll definitely give these a download <3
Thank you for sharing ~!

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
Re: FlyingGrass' Feline Animations(Updated)
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 11:43:58 pm »
Ayee, glad to see you got your animations up and going ^^
I'll definitely give these a download <3
Thank you for sharing ~!
It took remaking them in Blender 2.49b, but they work!
I've updated them, now the Idle pose looks completely different.

My presets.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: FlyingGrass' Feline Animations(Updated)
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 01:05:30 am »
Ah, thanks for the heads up ~!
And that's great that you worked it through c:
I shall redownload these beauties ^^

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: FlyingGrass' Feline Animations(2nd update)
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 09:48:44 am »
Tested the updated one. Crawl is good.  i see you managed to squeeze 2 leg swings into the run cycle.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
Re: FlyingGrass' Feline Animations(3rd update)
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 07:35:21 am »
Tested the updated one. Crawl is good.  i see you managed to squeeze 2 leg swings into the run cycle.
I wonder how many leg swings I can fit into the run cycle, or how many steps I can fit into the walk.
On the new version of Blender, I made a canine animation with a realistic dog walk, but I recall my old animation having the cheekbones turned black somehow(Bones turning Black instead of blue is the recipe for the size glitch).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:13:46 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
Re: FlyingGrass' Feline Animations(4th update)
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 05:14:06 pm »
Updated!

My presets.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: FlyingGrass' Feline Animations(4th update)
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 02:47:06 am »
ooh la la

we will watch your career with great interest

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972