Author Topic: A Greeting From Beyond The Stars  (Read 1502 times)

Offline .Metroid.

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
A Greeting From Beyond The Stars
« on: November 16, 2014, 12:14:20 am »
This is my very first time logging in. Better introduce myself while I'm still fresh (or I'm bound to procrastinate this until I've played for at least a year).

So... Hello! My username's Metroid, but you guys can call me "Droid" if you feel like it. I enjoy a lot of video games, working with computers, robotics, and reading anthology books. Some of my favorite bands/artists are Steam Powered Giraffe, The Arctic Monkeys, Caravan Palace, Miike Snow, Foster The People, I MONSTER, Radiohead and David Bowie, to name a few.

Recently, I found out about this game, Feral Heart, through a forum I frequent and was automatically eagerly awaiting for registration to open, so that I could join. I really enjoy role-playing online (through forums or chat rooms most of the time) so I was excited to see one based on animals. To see a game revolving around chat rp in general was a new concept to me. I'd also looked at some of the presets and mods people have made for the game, and really wanted to be a part of this creative, interesting community. After a few days, I finally stumbled on to an open spot, and so here I am!

I'm currently downloading the game as we speak, and am very excited to give Feral Heart a try. I hope to make at least a couple of friends and rp partners during my time here, and perhaps in the future contribute my own content to the game as well in the form of presets or items, to share.

In the meantime though, I'm curious to know of any popular mods or maps that might be available to download. I have heard of the Pawesome Items Pack, and that's the first thing on my list to download. Would anybody have any other recommendations for a player starting out here?

AlphaEclipse

Re: A Greeting From Beyond The Stars
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 12:39:54 am »
Welcome to Feralheart, Droid! I'm happy to see you have taken interest in the game, and good job on catching the registration. For reference (and to get you started), I'd recommend taking a look at these links:
Rules -- Manual -- Staff -- How to Report

As for those popular mods, I'd recommend trying out Mass Markings 3 and either Pawesome Item pack or Ringo and Delay's item pack. If you need help downloading them, don't hesitate to ask. There's also plenty of other mods available if you look here on the forum. ;) Have fun!

Offline .Metroid.

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 02:36:37 am »
Thank you for the helpful links. I should definitely take a moment to read these. I was having a little trouble with controls for awhile, so it wouldn't hurt to have a guide there.

Also thanks for the mod recommendations. I have heard about the Pawesome Item Pack. Did not know about the extra markings. Definitely going to download those! Is there a big difference between the Pawesome and Ringo and Delay's item packs? Should I download them both?

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 02:41:08 am »
Welcome, Metroid.
There are a ton of presets, items and markings to download, but I think Alpha already covered the major ones. Anyway, hope you enjoy you're time here. :3 *gives a cookie*

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 02:43:21 am »
The main difference between Pawesome items and Ringo and Delay's is the amount of items. Pawesome has many more items and is being updated currently. I do believe Pawesome is used more, however I have no statistics to support that statement - It's just from what I've observed. Make sure you only download one of them- if someone has a different item pack than you, they will see the items in their file's order, but you will see your items in their order. Having two item packs can sometimes really mess that sync up. It's difficult to explain it without actual images of the effect or to someone who has not seen it for themselves, but once you download the item pack and someone says you have a different item on than you actually see, you'll understand what I mean. :)

Good luck with the items! They're great for character customization. I had trouble with the controls when I started too- but I soon learned them.

Offline PennsylvaniaRedneck

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Message me roleplay links, I'd love to join.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 03:03:00 am »
Welcome to FeralHeart, Droid! I hope you have lots of fun ingame and around the forums. Please PM me if you ever need help or want to chat - my inbox is always ready for new messages. See you around! :)
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." ~ Sarah Williams

My interests include art, reading, roleplaying, writing, Asssassin's Creed, Doctor Who, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Marvel comics and movies, Merlin BBC, Once Upon A Time, Percy Jackson, Sherlock BBC, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, and Wolf's Rain.

Offline .Metroid.

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 03:25:25 am »
Thanks for the cookie Twisterz! *noms on cookie* By the way, love the Gravity Falls signature. I love that show.

Oh, that would make sense. I was originally going to download Pawesome, so I think I will choose to use that one, though Ringo and Delay's appear to have an awesome selection as well. I heard from a friend that Pawesome now includes Ringo and Delay's items, so it may be easier to go along with those. Thanks for the advice, Alpha. Hopefully it won't take me too long to get sorted through how exactly to play this game. It looks like a lot of fun!

Thank you TheCockatiel. If I have any trouble, I'll certainly send a message your way. :)

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 05:52:12 am »
Welcome to the Feral Heart family and community. We are a very kind, and fun place. I hope you enjoy your stay with us cause we are crazy floofs. Until then I am Nightcore Queen I am currently known as Hallowreena right now, but that was for the time of Halloween. Anyway I am Nightcore Queen on Feral Heart and I do hope we bump into one another. ^^

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 03:55:30 pm »
Aye, as they've stated, welcome to FeralHeart! Make sure to check out the link Alpha's made, and have fun!
 I'm here if you have any questions or concerns.
not active here anymore ♡