Author Topic: Updated 9/16/16 Material Coding for Beginners! Glow, metal, transparent, more!  (Read 144617 times)

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Updated 9/16/16 Material Coding for Beginners! Glow, metal, transparent, more!
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2016, 02:57:57 am »
Updated.

Went through and fixed every broken image. @_@'

Offline .xFactorsx.

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Hey, I tried out the scrolling preset and ingame, and what I see is whre I used my eraser, instead of the colors I wanted it to be, its just black and yellow scrolling. ;w; Help?

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Hey, I tried out the scrolling preset and ingame, and what I see is whre I used my eraser, instead of the colors I wanted it to be, its just black and yellow scrolling. ;w; Help?

This is likely an issue with the code, or the accidental typo of the image file names. I'm sure Ruby will be able to help you with that. I can do my best to help you too. I've worked with scrolling before. (PM me, I can look through your code). Put an article in Game Help if you think you need it. They will tell you what I just did and may be able to fix your problem too.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline fika

• Forum Newcomer
  • i put the ace in grace
    • View Profile
I'm trying to make a preset with scrolling markings, but for some reason, when I erase, it fills it up with more pixels. It's really annoying me, because the last preset I made with scrolling markings didn't have this problem. Any suggestions?

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
I'm trying to make a preset with scrolling markings, but for some reason, when I erase, it fills it up with more pixels. It's really annoying me, because the last preset I made with scrolling markings didn't have this problem. Any suggestions?

Fills up with pixels? Do you mean it's not showing the scrolling markings underneath and there is no transparency? Is it doing this in the editor?

Offline fika

• Forum Newcomer
  • i put the ace in grace
    • View Profile

Fills up with pixels? Do you mean it's not showing the scrolling markings underneath and there is no transparency? Is it doing this in the editor?

Here's a pic:

And it does show up on the animal when you look at it in-game.
(I just used some random brushes)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile

Here's a pic:

Those checkered pixels are showing up in Photoshop for me and it seems to me that the png doesn't have any transparency to it. It must've become corrupt and deleted the transparency on it. Or somehow, it got switched around with filetypes or something. How are you editing your fur? Through Gimp/Photoshop?

Offline fika

• Forum Newcomer
  • i put the ace in grace
    • View Profile

Here's a pic:

Those checkered pixels are showing up in Photoshop for me and it seems to me that the png doesn't have any transparency to it. It must've become corrupt and deleted the transparency on it. Or somehow, it got switched around with filetypes or something. How are you editing your fur? Through Gimp/Photoshop?

I'm using Gimp. I save everything as a png, but the textures I'm using are jpeg files. Would that make any difference, or not?
(Also, that photo wasn't the actual file- it was a screenshot. The checkers still show up as transparent.)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
I'm using Gimp. I save everything as a png, but the textures I'm using are jpeg files. Would that make any difference, or not?
(Also, that photo wasn't the actual file- it was a screenshot. The checkers still show up as transparent.)

Oh I see. So, whatcha mean by the textures are jpeg? Are you talking about fur textures?

Offline fika

• Forum Newcomer
  • i put the ace in grace
    • View Profile

Oh I see. So, whatcha mean by the textures are jpeg? Are you talking about fur textures?

Ohmygod I am so sorry for all of this. I just realized that all I needed to do was add an alpha channel. It works now, and thank you for all your help! (even though stupid me realized what was wrong in the end)