Author Topic: Particles in Object Maker?  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
Particles in Object Maker?
« on: September 03, 2016, 07:38:39 am »
Sooo it is September, I'm in the mood for the crisp scents of Autumn in the air and pumpkins, the changing colors of leaves, chilly breeze...*Ahem* and I'm wanting to make seasonal mods of the FH Podium map that I plan to release on my dA for everyone to use. A long time ago I had made seasonal mods of the Watermill map (it was never released), and I made a Fall Leaves particle for it just for that added effect of the Autumn season. Only problem is, for some reason it doesn't seem to be appearing in the Podium map when I log in to see how the Autumn theme (currently working on) looks.

So how would I slow down the speed of the particle in Object Maker? I know how to open a particle in Object Maker, but when I opened my Fall Leaves particle it went too fast for what I had in mind and wasn't going in the direction I wanted it to. Any way to change the direction as well?

As long as it doesn't involve having to use Blender, I'm good with any suggestions! Thanks~

EDIT: Also if anyone could find and link me to a jack-o-lantern pumpkin mesh to use that'd be great!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 08:28:16 am by Shazadah »

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: Particles in Object Maker?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 03:51:38 am »
To change speed and direction, ye'd need to edit the actual particle file inside the particle folder. I'm not quite sure as to what ye need to change as I'm on a phone and can't double check m'self before I post it, but I'm sure ye know what the speed and direction look like. If not, I'd be happy to assist ye once I get on m'laptop.

As f'er y'er issue with not 'aving it show on the podium map, did ye export the map after ye added the particle? It could be an exporting issue. Also, how did ye manage to get the podium map files? I didn't see them in m'FH map folders- unless this is a custom podium map. I'm not sure ye can edit the new podium map, but I could be wrong.

I can give ye the jack-o-lantern files t'morrow, once I get on m'computer if ye'd like. Or someone may be as kind enough to supply ye with the link before that time.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 04:30:12 pm »

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 05:16:38 am »
To change speed and direction, ye'd need to edit the actual particle file inside the particle folder. I'm not quite sure as to what ye need to change as I'm on a phone and can't double check m'self before I post it, but I'm sure ye know what the speed and direction look like. If not, I'd be happy to assist ye once I get on m'laptop.

As f'er y'er issue with not 'aving it show on the podium map, did ye export the map after ye added the particle? It could be an exporting issue. Also, how did ye manage to get the podium map files? I didn't see them in m'FH map folders- unless this is a custom podium map. I'm not sure ye can edit the new podium map, but I could be wrong.

I can give ye the jack-o-lantern files t'morrow, once I get on m'computer if ye'd like. Or someone may be as kind enough to supply ye with the link before that time.
(Apologies for late reply).

Sorry, for some reason I couldn't think of what to call it till now; it's a weather particle that I made by copying a piece of code inside the weather.particle file so I can use it in Sky Maker to make a weather cycle for my previous Watermill season mod before the update happened. I'm able to open said weather particle inside Object Maker, and I kind of wanted to make it into like an object if that makes sense, kind of like watersmoke and splash, to use in the season mod of Podium so you can actually see the falling leaves. Right now, when in Object Maker, it's going too fast and falling down, then shifting into a horizontal angle, when what I want is for it to be falling straight down at a slow speed so I can put it over where the podium the character stands on is, to make the falling leaves visible to the user that has the mod. Any that make sense? I don't want to confuse ya.

By the way, this Podium is a custom made one that I spent hours on trying to get right and for a while had it with a Pride Rock object that I had made sitting in the background (see here if you're interested in what it looked like), but I kind of grew a little tired of it and want to have seasonal Podiums myself, though this time I plan to release it for public download. And yes, it has been exported several times, as some changes I cannot see unless I'm logged in and on the character screen, and yet I still can't see the falling leaves.

And yes please! I'd love if you could send 'em to me or set 'em up on MediaFire, whichever works. And if you can't, then does anyone else have them?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 06:14:41 am by Shazadah »

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 06:10:40 am »
Where the magic happens.
(Apologies for late reply).

O.o Alright...I may be a bit techy and know my way around the game just enough, but all that tech talk confuses me...I've tried looking around on Ogre before for a few other things regarding the game but still didn't understand even half of what it was talking about. I'm just code smart enough to make presets and game mods >.<.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 04:22:34 pm »
Ah, yeah, I see what y'er trying to do. Ye would need to edit the weather.particle's file in order to change speed and direction. It has something to do with the X, Y, Z, and yaw. I'm not sure what would fix the angle. Since I've never edited particles like that, but I can look into it.

Ye could also try the Ogre program like Ruby suggested. 'Tis probably a lot easier than messing with the file itself. >v<

Also, I'd be happy to give ye that. Sorry f'er not doing so sooner, but in all honesty, I completely f'ergot. I'm usually able to access the computer around 4, so ye should 'ave the files sometime around then.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 09:29:01 pm »
PumpkinsRUs

Hope this is the mesh pack ye were looking f'er. It has two different jack-o-lantern meshes to choose from. They don't 'ave a light inside them, but I'm sure ye can fix that with a small flame particle.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 09:35:24 pm »
It's just something to play around with. Super easy to make something cool just by messing around. If you want to change the direction of something, that'd be a rotation along the Y-axis.
Speed and amount can all be altered within the program as well.
Just maybe give it a shot, yeah?
Can always ask if you come up with any specific questions.

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 08:32:35 pm »
Again I'm very sorry for such late replies. I don't always have a chance to say anything.

Anyway, played with the weather.particle file in trying to change the speed and everything of my falling leaves particle and actually got somewhere, but not to where I wanted to be so I'm still experimenting with it. But with what I had it mind, I was gonna try and make a scrolling texture of leaves to put on a BasicPlane to make it look like leaves are falling and give me that wanted effect for the podium mod. If that doesn't work, well then I guess I could just deal with not having falling leaves XD.

Also thank you Enoki for the pumpkin meshes! I shall download them next time I'm on my PC! ^u^.