Author Topic: Open windows?  (Read 1595 times)

Offline katewolf55

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Open windows?
« on: September 08, 2016, 07:50:47 pm »
Hey, every time i go to the FH login page to play the game, there are windows that I don't need that pop up on my computer. such as, your  computer is being tracked, advertisements, and so forth. Is there something that can be done to stop those windows?  Thanks. ^^

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: Open windows?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 08:14:04 pm »
Mhmm. I'd strongly suggest downloading Adblock for yer browser. It's free, and can stop some of those nasty advertisements from poppin' up on ye.
As for the "your computer is being tracked," do NOT click on them. I repeat, do NOT. This goes for every unwanted or unfamiliar pop up. You may already know this. More power to ye. Just makin' sure.
For these kinds of issues, I suggest runnin' an antivirus program, or downloadin' one. Norton and Kapersky are pretty reliable, as from what I've heard, if you do not have one.

I hope this helps. If issues persist, I suggest clearin' yer internet history and cookies completely. If yer a Windows user, ctrl+h is the easiest way to access such a direct sweepin' of yer browser.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 08:25:12 pm »
I get these more often than not when I go to the home page and click Forums, and when I click Play Game, on both PC and Mobile. I haven't found much of a solution to preventing these so my best suggestion is to go with what Twisted said and DON'T CLICK ANYTHING on those pages, and make sure you have a good antivirus program. I use AVG and it's good.

One thing you could possibly try is to go into your computer's control panel and to programs, uninstall/change programs, and look for any unfamiliar programs that you don't recognize. Uninstall them cuz they could be adware or malware, and both will give you unnecessary ads on a lot of places you go to. Be careful tho, make sure those unfamiliar programs are not important for your computer to avoid uninstalling something you may actually need. Best way to do that is to look at the date it was installed, anything that matches the date you got your computer is important and should be left alone, but anything that doesn't match that date, and that you don't recall installing, should probably be looked into.

I'm rambling again so I'm gonna leave it at that.

EDIT: Sometimes I hate posting on mobile...

Offline iCharlez

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • direfulfloof
    • channel/UCXYaNpit55vn5woGk18CYGA
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 09:27:10 pm »
If you have Google Chrome, it's very easy to download a reliable AdBlocker for your browser.

Download to see me in game!

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 09:37:40 pm »
While all of the above is true, it's also important to know that advertisements are what keep the game free for everyone to play. The traffic on this site is moderate at best, so any $$$ the ads generate is just going right back into keeping the server up and running.
It's all fine and good to remove any programs that may have installed themselves on your computer, and AdBlock is great. I use it myself. But I have it disabled for the feral-heart.com domain.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 12:30:08 am »
Just to add on somethin' else to this, I personally disable adblock for the forum domain (feral-heart.com/smf/index entered on the exclusion window) as it's usually just banners along the sides of the page and no pop-ups, but I believe this would also prevent advertisements and/or malware from the login page, which should satisfy yer issue. Hope that didn't sound too redundant to the other posters.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 06:43:39 am »
Ruby said what i was thinking.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"