Author Topic: Some Super Awesome News!  (Read 2713 times)

Offline dawnfeather1012

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • ~Kana'ti the Huntress~
    • LittleGoat
    • View Profile
Some Super Awesome News!
« on: September 09, 2016, 02:11:20 am »
   Hey all! So I totally couldn't help myself, I just had to let my favorite forum family know some awesome news I found out September 7th, at 11:30 am.

As some of you might know from my introduction I made about a month or two ago, I'm expecting my first child. That's exciting in itself to be honest. :D I finally was able to have my very first Ultrasound appointment yesterday, and we got to see our baby for the first time. The technician asked us if we would like to know the baby's gender, if she could tell. Naturally we said yes.. and let me tell you, the SUSPENSE was real!

It took her a good 15 minutes or so before she could give us a definite answer. She jiggled my belly here and there, had me turn over from one side to the next; the little booger was being super stubborn about uncrossing those ankles. We had accepted that she probably wouldn't be able to tell cause the baby's ankles and umbilical cord were in the way. THEN, at long last, the baby turned over, and stretched it's feet out... to reveal that we are having a BOY!

Let me tell you, this is one proud mama right here.

We've been hoping for a boy since we first found out about the pregnancy in June, and our wish came true. <3 The importance of having a boy to carry on my husband's family name is very dire, since he is the last male in his family with the Maddox name. Too excited to contain myself, and if I could, I would just sit there and watch my baby on the ultrasound machine all day long. It's too cool seeing your little mini me wiggling around in there. :D

But I just wanted to let everyone know, and I'm going keep everyone updated as we go along. I've included some sweet ultrasound pictures from yesterday, and you're welcome to look if you'd like to. :) If I had the soundbyte from my son's heartbeat yesterday, I'd definitely post that, however, I'm still waiting on them to send me the clip on my doctor's website.

Also, ladies, let me tell you... there is nothing better to watch than the look on your partner's face. Jordan oohed and ahhed over watching his baby move. I've never seen him cheesing so much! And oh the protectiveness he's acquired over the past 4 months.. Ha! It's an amazing thing, the kind of bond you feel with your child and there's nothing like it I assure you. We'll be expecting baby Elijah Matthew Maddox around February 21, 2017; he might even make it to be our Valentine baby, if the timing is right. ;)

Thank y'all for taking the time to read my little life adventures of becoming a mommy! It means a lot! <3

~ Love, Kana'ti/Kacy

PS: Trying to get a good picture, without glare, is super hard with these little ultrasound pics they gave me. My goodness. ._.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Some Super Awesome News!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 02:14:16 am »
Aww this is amazing! Congratulations, I hadn't heard about the pregnancy yet. I bet you two are super excited <3 I'm glad to hear about all the joy you've been experiencing in this process.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 02:18:30 am »
I've always just been amazed with stuff like this. Just the fact of having another small human growing and moving inside you just....it intrigues me. I'll never know the feeling of being a mother myself, so it's great to here people are so happy and being blessed with a child. ^^
Congrats so much again!

Offline dawnfeather1012

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • ~Kana'ti the Huntress~
    • LittleGoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 02:29:55 am »
Thank y'all! <3 I'll keep everyone updated for sure! It's definitely a wonderful experience. :D

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 02:47:46 am »
This is truly amazin'. I too find it so intriguin', and almost impossible that one can just create a new conscious bein' from the joinin' of some haploids.
I wish you and yer child the best of luck comin' up.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

wolfdog01

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 03:31:37 am »
Oh wow! That is super cool! Congrats on the baby! :D can't wait for the next update!

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 03:36:07 am »
Awh, congratulations! That all sounds so lovely.?
I wish you and your family the best!~

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 04:32:40 am »
Moving this over to the bio/journal board ^^

And oh my, congrats to you and your husband!! I definitely wish the two of you nothing but happiness for the future c:
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 04:34:57 am »
Oh wow! M'congratulations to the both of ye! I wish ye and y'er family all the best wishes. <3

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2016, 04:48:28 am »
Congratulations to the future mommy and daddy! Thank you for sharing this lovely joy with us, and I wish you the best for the rest of your pregnancy and the years after. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.