Author Topic: Regarding a little incident on our boards.  (Read 6567 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Regarding a little incident on our boards.
« on: December 11, 2014, 03:48:42 pm »
As some of you might've noticed there's been some quite problematic threads showing up this morning, to be direct spamming, foul language and mature content not suited for these boards is best to sum it up.

For those who expect this forum to be clean you really have my sorry and hope I hope it didn't become too much of a problem before it could be taken care of. We have always aimed for these boards to be welcoming to most people so they can talk and reply and not just focusing on a small percentage of users or their age group or their type of behavior, it's pretty much why we have certain rules in place both here on the site and in the game. It gets to a point where we have to grow up and realize it's better to adapt just the slightest so most of us wanting to be a part of the forum and game can, rather than just focusing on yourself and what you want to be in an online setting.

Some people will not be able to, despite it being pointed out to them and their behavior, understand the importance of warnings and know that there's many more sharing the place with them than what's seen from their eyes. Sometimes it can get gritty if we as staff have to step in and take action against those who simply just have their interest in one specific spot and remind them, something that's not always welcome. You know, telling people what they can do, and what they can't do, kicking and banning users honestly is not any fun business, and never were, probably never will be either. But we still have to think about it a lot, we need to deal with it a lot and it's not going to go away from our to do schedule in FeralHeart, and I do believe most people understand just this, which is important.

Thanks for reading.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding a little incident on our boards.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 03:52:26 pm »
I am just happy the things were taken care of..
Hugs and all the fluffy loves to you Red

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Rizzla

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 04:05:27 pm »
Whew.
I'm glad all that is finally over. Also, I hope everyone is feeling alright after all that.. There was some pretty nasty stuff.
*Huggles* Thank you, staff team. <3

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 04:12:25 pm »
Thanks for posting this Red.

Also thanks to those who sent messages reporting the incident. We really do appreciate you looking out for everyone.

Offline Draco1182

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 04:20:23 pm »
Wow I didn't even see the posts. Luckily I didn't because I get highly affended... I'm glad its sorted and I'll try to look out for any more of this stuff!
In-game and forum username:Draco1182
My map section:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=50016.msg678582#msg678582
PM me to request some maps... More info will be given in the PM reply!
Prophecy Of The Clans group needing staff:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile

S. Italy/Romano

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 04:22:02 pm »
Luckily I happened to be in college working, so I haven't ran across one of those. I'm glad everything's been taken care of though, thank you Red and everyone else who did their best to help keep the forums a safe and mature place.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 08:31:46 pm »
Good to hear it's been sorted out and cleared. Hopefully nothing else like that pops up anytime soon.

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 09:37:11 pm »
I was shocked to see how somebody can have such a low amount of respect for somebody else, especially considering that 'somebody else' happens to have one of the most important roles in this game and forum. Not an easy job, not for everybody at least. I therefore salute you all, the staff of FH, for taking up a role in moderating the game and site and keeping it running smoothly.

It takes a certain personality to keep your cool when situations like these arise and you have to take decisions that could possibly upset somebody. Thank you guys.
I too, am glad that was taken care of fairly quickly.

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 01:37:41 am »
I haven't seen these posts, thank the stars, but thank you for dealing with these offenders.
The work all our staff members is truly admirable; I can imagine how stressful it is dealing with these things.
Thank you.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Sebastian--Michaelis

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I am simply one hell of a butler.~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 02:50:44 am »
I am curious as to what happened now, I've missed it.

I'm a curious person. |D

Anyone mind PMing me and explaining? Unless that's not allowed, of course.
"A Phantomhive butler who cannot do this much isn't worth his salt."