Author Topic: Slowing things down a little  (Read 116692 times)

Offline Zarorah

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • And if you believe in me, then stand and fight
    • View Profile
    • the turmblrs
Re: Slowing things down a little
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 09:31:57 pm »
Andie, adding more maps would just increase the amount of stoof the server already has to support. 
[Insert some kind of image that still needs to be made here]

Offline XxFishyxX

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 10:18:58 pm »
no, not more maps, just adding on to the current ones.
You call it insane...
I think of it more like, mentally creative.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2012, 11:25:49 pm »
no, not more maps, just adding on to the current ones.
If you mean by increasing the size of current maps it still will have pretty much the same effect as adding more maps and as AppleBloom stated it would just add to what the server already has to handle. Increasing map size would also mean that some users who download the game will have more lag. Sure more people would be able to get on but that still means alot of floof on one small server.
Idon't see my post I put up in this topic. I said this is a good chose, but I just have a question. Please do not think me stupid for asking, but when the game is back up for all allowed on again, will users that have been here for over years have a certain amount of time to play each day or are the ones that newly register going to have to wait a few days before able to get on?
Your question is not stupid at all Felicia it's only a bit too ahead of what's going on right now. Razmirz is just placing a small lock down period for new registrations into Feral Heart in order to test out how things with the server will cope now in terms of the sudden over growth of new Feral Heart users. All these new comers along with the old ones in game are really stuffing up the server and pushing it to work harder without a doubt. No one knows for sure yet if they have any other future plans like what you're wondering about. I'm sure this action Razmirz took is to avoid what you're asking about... but who knows what the future holds for Feral Heart. The staff might decide if things get chaotic to do that. It's all up to the staff but as of now we shouldn't jump to ahead of our selves.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:28:13 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline XxFishyxX

• Experienced Traveler
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2012, 12:55:51 am »
Ahhh alright. Dont mean to be argueing, because I understand the matter, but did you have to lower ti all the way to 160?
You call it insane...

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2012, 01:14:05 am »
This is actually a test due to an upgrade the server had this morning the new limit may not stay but on the upside bad tokens seem to have been reduced drasticly
Just recently the persons per map limit was lifted from 200 to 300 and Raz stated it was going to be a test to see just how the server can cope with it. The 300 limit was never official I guess and they probably decided to lower the limit now to 160 to test the server a bit again and see exactly when the problems start. I'm sure they will slowly start to bump it up again once they figure out the "OK" number. It's been probably only about a month since they bumped up the limit last to 300 and since alot of people have been able to get in but this constant server problem seems to be following since the bump too.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 01:16:17 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline XxFishyxX

• Experienced Traveler
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2012, 02:24:34 am »
Ohhh, alright. c: Thank you.
You call it insane...

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2012, 06:20:54 pm »
Thank you Raz. Does get annoying with SO many new users so i pretty much think this is a good idea.

PlutonianPony

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2012, 08:53:48 pm »
Wait, wait, what? I'm not so sure I like the sound of this...

I would think a better way to sign up would be by invites only or something, personally.

Offline XxFishyxX

• Experienced Traveler
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2012, 10:04:58 pm »
Wait, wait, what? I'm not so sure I like the sound of this...

I would think a better way to sign up would be by invites only or something, personally.
That would be a good idea, but there are already too many members it wouldnt really help.
You call it insane...

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 01:03:49 am »
I honestly do not like this idea. Sure, the servers can't handle too many people, and there are always new people...but I don't mind new people, I mean, they are like new Feral Heart family members. What if this person was really excited, and thought Feral Heart would be amazing, and then they find out they can't register. And even if people can't register one day, then they will probably try again another day. I just don't agree with this idea. The servers are obviously important, but I find it a bit unfair.