Author Topic: Slowing things down a little  (Read 117520 times)

Offline Chiipeu

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Slowing things down a little
« Reply #150 on: November 05, 2012, 08:01:56 pm »
Awesome, no wonder I don't get on all the time even when my Internet connection is in love with me. Anyway, its good to know its not my computer nor FeralHeart.

Lilytheflower

« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2012, 04:57:58 pm »
I've been checking every hour for the  Registration to open and it hasn't even opened a single time. >:/

Offline poptart5

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Hibernating
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2012, 04:59:23 pm »
It opens randomely, I waited for i think 5 weeks. But it does open, you just can't miss it!

Offline Wendingo

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2012, 12:32:15 am »
Yes, I just hope it actually opens. I'm kind of scared that opening the registration page every once and a while will be something that's never actually done.

Does anyone if it has been open/how many times it's been open since this news post?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2012, 12:59:09 am »
Does anyone if it has been open/how many times it's been open since this news post?

As Wolffox said:

Registration is open quite often, actually. It's at random times, so the staff doesn't choose when it's open and when it's not. Hence, no reason for timezones to clash because it doesn't open according to any timezones. I believe having it closed most of the time is working well so far, and we aren't going to be changing it any time soon.

--

Here's a list of dates that it has been open so far (just to show you how random it is):

2012-10-02
2012-10-07
2012-10-12
2012-10-20   
2012-10-21   
2012-10-22   
2012-10-23
2012-10-24
2012-11-01

Offline austin_puppy

• Curious Wanderer
  • I SO FLUFFEH!!!!
    • View Profile
    • MCWolf Minecraft Classic server software
« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2012, 02:02:44 am »
What I don't get is why only one person runs the server.  I think it would be more stable if more than one person ran the server.  Like if the server was ran on more than one computer I think it would be a lot more stable.  This is just my opinion.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2012, 03:15:56 am »
What I don't get is why only one person runs the server.  I think it would be more stable if more than one person ran the server.  Like if the server was ran on more than one computer I think it would be a lot more stable.  This is just my opinion.

I do agree that it would be maybe more convenient to have a few others with direct access to the server but only because there would always be someone available that could restart the server sooner when it crashes in case Razmirz isn't around or can't be reached. It is probably better though that only one person works the server because it would be more secure that way and less confusing with so many people having access to it at a time. Most likely the reason why there is only one person with direct access to the server too is because Razmirz is the only one paying for it and therefore with direct responsibility to it. It's hard to just trust any one with a server. I don't believe that the server would be any more or any less stable either if there were more people with access to it since the server's stability is really up on to all the information its holding. The crashes and trouble with the server is completely random and no one really has control of those things.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:17:57 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline TheNightFurry

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2012, 07:35:23 am »
Seems convenient that there will be less lag :D i guess?

Offline ShadowStripe12

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Shattered Clan/Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2012, 01:36:38 pm »
I don't think its a good idea I mean it has its ups and downs. Its good for people who already registered because ig causes less lagg. Then its bad because of the people who wanted to  :-\
I waited for 9 days it felt like months though
Welcome to Shattered Clan/Pack!
Please enjoy and be safe!

RandomGirl5516

« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2012, 01:49:27 pm »
I agree with Shadow12