Author Topic: Map making  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Drunken-Royalty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • DA - DrunkenRoyalty
    • DrunkenRoyalty
    • xX SashaLea Xx
    • View Profile
Map making
« on: August 14, 2016, 11:49:02 am »
Basically, since the update i've had no clue where all the objects and mainly the terrain height map goes!
Please any help appreciated!
Loyalty is key. Don't talk behind other's back. Don't pick and choose people for your own benefit of work. Don't stir trouble and never, ever, lie.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Map making
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 12:24:58 pm »
It's all basically the same as before, dear. ^^

Terrain map (RGB colour, 513x513 or 1025x1025 Pixels, one layer) belongs in Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart \\ media \\ terrains.
Height map (Grayscale, 513x513 or 1025x1025 Pixels, one layer) also belongs in Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart \\ media \\ terrains.

As for installed/custom objects, the .object file (if there is one) belongs in Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart \\ media \\ objects.
Lastly, all other object files such as; .mesh, .png/.jpg, .material etc.. belong in Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart \\ media \\ objects \\ my_objects.

Nothing has really changed with how the FeralHeart folder works, we just have sub folders for items now, as well as sub folders in our textures folder!

However, if you're installing a map made by someone else, again it all works the same.
All .fho, .fhm, .fhw and .fhs files belong into Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart \\ exports.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Drunken-Royalty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • DA - DrunkenRoyalty
    • DrunkenRoyalty
    • xX SashaLea Xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 12:31:17 pm »
It's all basically the same as before, dear. ^^

Terrain map (RGB colour, 513x513 or 1025x1025 Pixels, one layer) belongs in Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart \\ media \\ terrains.
Height map (Grayscale, 513x513 or 1025x1025 Pixels, one layer) also belongs in Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart \\ media \\ terrains.

As for installed/custom objects, the .object file (if there is one) belongs in Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart \\ media \\ objects.
Lastly, all other object files such as; .mesh, .png/.jpg, .material etc.. belong in Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart \\ media \\ objects \\ my_objects.

Nothing has really changed with how the FeralHeart folder works, we just have sub folders for items now, as well as sub folders in our textures folder!

However, if you're installing a map made by someone else, again it all works the same.
All .fho, .fhm, .fhw and .fhs files belong into Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart \\ exports.

Ahh that's fab, thank you for your help much appreciated! <3
Loyalty is key. Don't talk behind other's back. Don't pick and choose people for your own benefit of work. Don't stir trouble and never, ever, lie.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 12:49:38 pm »
You're very welcome, m'dear! I hope everything works out for you!

Offline CarnivalCircus

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 01:38:58 pm »
So I saw this and thought I'd ask a question of my own. So I have a bit of a dilemma. I've been making maps for years and before the update, I could place a portal in my map, go to cape and it'd be there. No big deal. However, I just exported this map I just made today, after placing my portal and for some reason went I went to cape, the portal was no where in sight. So I went back to map maker, looked at my portal destination and everything s where it should be. Am I doing something wrong? Was there a change to portals after the update?

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 02:13:39 pm »
Well dear, since you have been installing maps and exporting/making maps for a while, I can only really think that you're having a hard time finding the portals.

When you export a map or install one, it will be directly around the corner of the arches in Cape of Distant Worlds.

However, I actually made a mod so you can see them more clearly. If you install it, you will see them for sure.
Custom Portals - Improved
It's just that the default portals do not do well in such darkness, so people have a lot of trouble finding them.

Please be sure to make your own thread next time, though! If you reply to others it may clutter and you will probably not have anyone find your need for help!