Author Topic: Help please? - Maps  (Read 2783 times)

Offline Drunken-Royalty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • DA - DrunkenRoyalty
    • DrunkenRoyalty
    • xX SashaLea Xx
    • View Profile
Help please? - Maps
« on: June 03, 2017, 02:09:44 pm »
Okay, so i've just made my height map (the greyscale one). 513 x 513.

Here's some issues/confusions i've had since the update and just now.

I put the height map into FH -> Media -> Terrain
Is that right/wrong? idk

Where do I put the terrain map? (the colored one)

My map creator crashes every time I click to open the map creator. Is that to do with where I put the height map?

I think that's everything? c:

THANK YOU <3
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 06:11:04 pm by xXSashaLeaXx »
Loyalty is key. Don't talk behind other's back. Don't pick and choose people for your own benefit of work. Don't stir trouble and never, ever, lie.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Help please? - Maps
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 05:11:23 pm »
Make sure you exported the map, not saved it (if you used gimp)

Flatten the image (no layers)

Turn alpha channel off

Make sure it's in greyscale mode (simply making everything grey isn't enough)

And the terrain mask goes into the "terrains" folder as well c:
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Drunken-Royalty

• Experienced Traveler
  • DA - DrunkenRoyalty
    • DrunkenRoyalty
    • xX SashaLea Xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 11:26:39 pm »
Make sure you exported the map, not saved it (if you used gimp)

Flatten the image (no layers)

Turn alpha channel off

Make sure it's in greyscale mode (simply making everything grey isn't enough)

And the terrain mask goes into the "terrains" folder as well c:

Okay, I re-made my height map on gimp and blah blah blah I did everything correctly so it seems.

Every time I click onto creation den then map maker, my game legit freezes and crashes... It also does the same to 2 of my friends FH's whom has never touched the map creator area before hand.
Loyalty is key. Don't talk behind other's back. Don't pick and choose people for your own benefit of work. Don't stir trouble and never, ever, lie.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 07:36:45 pm »
If your game crashes when you try to get into the map creator, there's an issue with loading the map creator in general. If there's only an issue with the height map or the texture mask the game will crash if you select it from the map creator toolbar, so that isn't the case.
There should be a "default" folder inside the "terrains" folder with files such as the ones shown here https://i.gyazo.com/c42aac0f7b32e7ac03f983cd9ac95bbc.png . Are you missing this folder or are any of it's files?

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 05:17:22 pm »
Be sure to check up upon what WolfQueen said above. If you're still having issues, be sure to follow both Height Map and Terrain Map steps thoroughly.

Creating your Height Map:
▸ When making a new canvas on Photoshop or GIMP, you must make sure the canvas is set to Grayscale.
▸ Your Height Map must be either 513x513 pixels, or 1025x1025 pixels. Either works.
▸ Your first background must be a white/solid background, with no transparency. Otherwise, when loaded, your map maker will crash.
▸ If you create your height map using multiple layers, you must make sure all of your layers are flattened together.
▸ Save your image as a .png format, with no transparency/opacity. (Photoshop = Use 'Save As' to save, GIMP 2 = Use 'Export' to save).

GIMP 2 Example:

Photoshop Example:

Creating your Terrain Mask:
▸ When making a new canvas on Photoshop or GIMP, you must make sure the canvas is set to RGB Colour.
▸ RGB Colours. Red 225, 0, 0 Green 0, 225, 0 Blue 0, 0, 225. Use those colours exactly.
▸ Your Height Map must be either 513x513 pixels, or 1025x1025 pixels. Either works.
▸ Your first background must be a white/solid background, with no transparency. Otherwise, when loaded, your map maker will crash.
▸ If you create your terrain mask using multiple layers, you must make sure all of your layers are flattened together.
▸ Save your image as a .png format, with no transparency/opacity. (Photoshop = Use 'Save As' to save, GIMP 2 = Use 'Export' to save).

GIMP 2 Example:

Photoshop Example:

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Drunken-Royalty

• Experienced Traveler
  • DA - DrunkenRoyalty
    • DrunkenRoyalty
    • xX SashaLea Xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 06:10:04 pm »
If your game crashes when you try to get into the map creator, there's an issue with loading the map creator in general. If there's only an issue with the height map or the texture mask the game will crash if you select it from the map creator toolbar, so that isn't the case.
There should be a "default" folder inside the "terrains" folder with files such as the ones shown here https://i.gyazo.com/c42aac0f7b32e7ac03f983cd9ac95bbc.png . Are you missing this folder or are any of it's files?

I have all of those files you've shown me, it's the map creator in general that's crashing when I click it.

Be sure to check up upon what WolfQueen said above. If you're still having issues, be sure to follow both Height Map and Terrain Map steps thoroughly.

As said above ^
It's not the height/terrain maps, they're all perfectly fine now, I re-made it to be sure and stuff.

When I click the map creator, my game just freezes and crashes.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 10:54:32 pm »
Did you ever move, delete, or modify mapmaker.overlay in the "overlay2" folder, or any other files not relating to your custom map in that matter before this started happening? Did you install any items or textures prior?

Offline Drunken-Royalty

• Experienced Traveler
  • DA - DrunkenRoyalty
    • DrunkenRoyalty
    • xX SashaLea Xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 01:36:39 pm »
Did you ever move, delete, or modify mapmaker.overlay in the "overlay2" folder, or any other files not relating to your custom map in that matter before this started happening? Did you install any items or textures prior?
No I haven't touched any media files of the sort since the update since I wasn't sure and where things would go.
I've recently installed some meshes which all worked fine on the object makers thing but that's about it I think.

Offline Drunken-Royalty

• Experienced Traveler
  • DA - DrunkenRoyalty
    • DrunkenRoyalty
    • xX SashaLea Xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 08:54:15 pm »
Bump.

Offline Drunken-Royalty

• Experienced Traveler
  • DA - DrunkenRoyalty
    • DrunkenRoyalty
    • xX SashaLea Xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 08:54:41 pm »
If anyone has any ideas, solutions or guesses please let me know! :3