Author Topic: Guides to roleplaying!If certain things happen in your rp...  (Read 2056 times)

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
Guides to roleplaying!If certain things happen in your rp...
« on: March 17, 2013, 12:13:38 pm »
Like in the title,I made a guide to rping!This is mostly for new people,but senior members are welcome to view!
If a certain member dies in your rp: Don't go all raging mad and that you will kill the one that killed him/her (if they died in battle).Sure shed a few tears and then move on,it shows that you are glad they are in a new and wonderful place.
If you are going into battle: Don't try and take charge of the armada your fighting with.Always listen to your leader and DON'T powerplay (kills instantly) or godmod (dodges all of their attacks then bites their head off)
If there is an immature person butting into the rp: Don't try and take charge,get the leader and talk with the person.If they don't leave calmly tell them you will block them if they don't leave.(They block button is on the friend's list then click block and add their user into the add section).
If you are one of the canditates for second in command: Never try to force people to vote/agree for you to be in charge.And don't try to outwit your rival because evantually it might lead to a fight,and when the leader asks who started it you will have to answer yourself.If you lose congratulate the winner and don't rage about it.
If you yourself become leader: If you become leader always thank the pride/clan/pack/ or whatever for 'voting' for you.
There is an intruder: Don't kill them.Ask why they are there in a more threatening voice.If they attack don't kill them just defend yourself until the leader arrives.If you are leader continue to defend yourself until the pack/herd/clan/pride or whatever arrives to the scene to help.
Claiming: If another pack or whatever claims your territory and you are leader,don't claim back...it makes you immature.If nessassary lead your whatever into battle,but if there are safer options take those before going into possible battle.
If you die: Don't try and regenerate.Tell your group (in group chat) that you died and ___ is leader.But you are welcome to join on a new character,or the reincarnation of that character

Thanks Twizzlerr for the idea to create this topic!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:16:14 pm by Duna »

ThrillexForLife

Re: Guides to roleplaying!If certain things happen in your rp...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 12:19:32 pm »
Interesting..Topic O-O  Thanks for this guide! It's really helpful. :3 -Floofs-

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 12:23:28 pm »
Thanks so much,but also credit Twizzlerr,he came up with the idea :)

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 12:24:26 pm »
Thanks so much,but also credit Twizzlerr,he came up with the idea :)
Twizzlerr..Is a she..Hehe. xD

Offline Tortuga

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Still trying to meet my pun quota.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 02:48:37 pm »
Not a bad guide! I think, however, that at least one of these guidelines can really restrict what can happen in a roleplay's plot line, specifically the first one you listed. Every character is likely to react differently to the death of another character depending on their personalities, histories, and dispositions toward the perpetrator and victim. Would it really be in character for a ruthless, temperamental and impulsive assassin to spare their brother's killer and simply cry over it? I think what you might mean is that the conflict shouldn't be taken out of character (ex. extending hostility to the person playing the character, rather than just character-to-character conflict). Roleplaying isn't supposed to be an extension of your life, it's like playing a part in a movie -- like acting -- and shouldn't be taken personally. These things should be allowed to happen as a contribution to the roleplay's story as long as they don't get out of hand.

But that's pretty much my only thing about this post! :) It's awesome that you're trying to help out new roleplayers!

This user is 90% real crab meat!

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 02:22:44 pm »
I didn't know Twiz was a she XD But now I know..

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 12:11:26 am »
it's like playing a part in a movie -- like acting -- and shouldn't be taken personally. These things should be allowed to happen as a contribution to the roleplay's story as long as they don't get out of hand.
I didn't mean for it in real life,I meant the character if it was a loved one (Cub,Kit,Mother,Father etc. Etc.)

Offline Hotdogsrule

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • i eat cereal at 6 pm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 12:49:26 am »
I think this could clear up a few problems...
I come across random territory arguments as I wonder around FH, listening.
Heheh. But it's quite funny.

bork
(i don't even like hotdogs)