Author Topic: Updated 9/16/16 Material Coding for Beginners! Glow, metal, transparent, more!  (Read 144847 times)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Wow, thank you very much for this. I'll add this in my bookmarks for future reference, as i'm not really creating anything quite yet. :)
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Is it possible to make a glowing AND scrolling preset?

Yes, you just need to layer it accordingly... scroll > main > glow
Code: [Select]
material EXAMPLEMAT
{
technique
{
pass
{
texture_unit
{
texture scroll.png
scroll_anim 1.0 1.0
}
}
pass
{
scene_blend alpha_blend
texture_unit
{
texture body.png
}
}
pass
{
scene_blend alpha_blend
emissive 1.0 1.0 1.0 1
texture_unit
{
texture glow.png
}
}
}
}

Wow, thank you very much for this. I'll add this in my bookmarks for future reference, as i'm not really creating anything quite yet. :)
My pleasure.
De rien.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 12:36:30 pm by Ruby1234 »

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Is it possible to make a glowing AND scrolling preset?

Yes, you just need to layer it accordingly... scroll > main > glow
Code: [Select]
material EXAMPLEMAT
{
technique
{
pass
{
texture_unit
{
texture scroll.png
scroll_anim 1.0 1.0
}
}
pass
{
alpha_rejection greater equal 128
scene_blend alpha_blend
texture_unit
{
texture body.png
}
}
pass
{
alpha_rejection greater_equal 128
scene_blend alpha_blend
emissive 1.0 1.0 1.0 1
texture_unit
{
texture glow.png
}
}
}
}

My pleasure.
De rien.
Can I have the full code? Or do I have to rebuild the whole entire code?

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
HELPFUL
SO HELPFUL
OH MY GOSH I CANT BREATHEEEE

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Breathe, friend. xD
I'm glad you find this useful though.

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I might return soon? I dunno
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
AAAA SO HELPFUL. +floof

*seeing this tutorial fills you with... determination. Enough determination to try another preset using something like this. (Not sure what character I'll make though...)
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
Some of the pictures don't show up (I'm currently looking at transparent and semi-transparent and nothing's showing up)
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
Ayyy, was trying out the ghost code, and for some reason it keeps on looking extremely bizarre. Think you could help? ;w; I can send you the files and code. I'd prefer it to be that the eyes and mouth are visible too, but it just doesn't seem to come out right. Using the canine model if that makes a difference, but it doesn't seem too. I purposefully put the code back to it's original state because I couldn't tell what part of it I was messing up, so I just put it make to normal.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Some of the pictures don't show up (I'm currently looking at transparent and semi-transparent and nothing's showing up)
Yeah, tinypic was blocked on this site, so I need to redo some of the pictures. I'll fix them eventually.

Ayyy, was trying out the ghost code, and for some reason it keeps on looking extremely bizarre. Think you could help? ;w; I can send you the files and code. I'd prefer it to be that the eyes and mouth are visible too, but it just doesn't seem to come out right. Using the canine model if that makes a difference, but it doesn't seem too. I purposefully put the code back to it's original state because I couldn't tell what part of it I was messing up, so I just put it make to normal.
I'm not sure what you mean, could you code it how you did again and show a picture? Or code it how you did before and then PM me the files. Either way, I'll try and fix it up for you. cx

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
Yeah, tinypic was blocked on this site, so I need to redo some of the pictures. I'll fix them eventually.

I'm not sure what you mean, could you code it how you did again and show a picture? Or code it how you did before and then PM me the files. Either way, I'll try and fix it up for you. cx
Eh, sorry, I decided against it ^^" The preset looks fine without the ghost effect added to effect, so I won't put ya through the trouble on second thought. Thanks for offering, though! These tutorials are amazing <3