Author Topic: Something that I think needs to be addressed.  (Read 1694 times)

Offline XeekyXeek

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • Mystery-Amalgamate
    • View Profile
Something that I think needs to be addressed.
« on: April 09, 2012, 05:19:34 pm »
I've played FH for the longest time now, and 'bout a year or half a year back, everything was fine. But I'm beginning to believe, in all honesty, the high number of players entering Fluorite Plains every minute/hour is becoming a little too much to handle. Fluorite Plains is a common place for people to go, yes. But Kovu, 'n everyone who works on the game... we need Dimensions, like IT/IW had/has. There should be the option to go to other dimensions, to separate the players, bring down the chances of overloading the map server. I'm saying all this because it seems to me that when too many people enter the Plains at once, the game crashes for me, but works completely fine otherwise. I've had this idea in mind, to deal with the issue for a long time but now it's really come to my attention.

I just hope some action is taken, eventually.

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
Re: Something that I think needs to be addressed.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 05:31:25 pm »
I agree with this idea, although it could be confusing to some people.

CloudFish

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 04:50:03 pm »
This problem could just as easily be solved by adding more desirable public maps. If there were more ... Well, detailed maps, people would be likely to spread out more. The more large and interesting the maps, the more division can be made between players.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 05:34:21 pm »
Aye.. maps are a very important part in the game. Sadly most of the current ones are just rushed works and just boring.
Although until we get new and hopefully better ones, we will just have to stand the horrible lag. :/

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline lugailover

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 08:24:51 pm »
I agree a bit about Dimensions, but it would indeed make it harder for moderators and administrators to do their job and look out for game abusers, maybe one extra dimension would help reduce lag a small bit, without making too much trouble for the staff.

Offline Stuey

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 10:44:11 pm »
To add on to such, for a good map, you need objects. Diverse objects. With so, more files needed to download when downloaing the game. Theres also the lagg issue then

If only the Map Pack wasnt an add on. If they were all official maps, life would be complete ;w ;

CloudFish

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 02:37:15 am »
I completely agree. I never really got to explore all of the maps in that either, I was kind of disappointed.

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 11:22:41 am »
It is a great Idea but as Ramine said, We will just have to wait it out.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.