Author Topic: My opinion  (Read 4765 times)

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
My opinion
« on: February 20, 2011, 08:52:23 pm »
Well... lets see...
Forum:
The forum in all looks great, the colors represent the savannah in a way(for me at least), but the black background makes it too dark for my eyes.
The moderation: is great as well, the threads get answers quite quick now.
The only problem i have it currently is the
security datadase: IPs getting blacklisted because they are supposedly sending virus or spam. They have to remember nowadays ppl share the same IP. Ive run in a few threads concerning this, and i myself am experiencing the issue (and no, some ppl like me cant change our IP because the internet provider forbids it or cant do so, isnt allowed etc.) im sharing IP with half of my town, around 2000 ppl. Plus no other site uses this database.. why not put a random code generator in at the register screen to "test if you are human" to prevent spambots registering.
Community: not always the most polite, got a few smart@ss remarks here and there, but overall the community sticks together in a good way as i see it. which is pretty important.
But all other things are just fine.. oh yes, and maybe there should be a rule to not bash other games.. ive seen my share of WQ hater threads (dunno really whats their problem.. dont like it dont play it)
Game:
Overall the game is awesome. The graphics are good, the wide variation of actions/emotes/markings/bodypart types is awesome as well. Though there are still a few things missing (like a few dances) but im sure Kov will add them later on. (plus maybe the headbang dance should be fixed? the butt movement ruins it all in my opinion)
People say the buttswing should be taken out: well i personally dont have a problem with it, i did experience this issue, and unlike others, who block these players, i simply turn around and tell them some "nice" things. They usually stop and leave me alone after.
The behavior: It was reeeeaaalllyyyyy bad first, now it seems ppl are actually getting more mature and realize how childish they look if they place curse words after every second word (well it was quite hard to understand them XD). I would still like to have a slight filter (not big one) just to filter out the most known bad words (maybe should be put in as an option) for the sake of complaining parents/brothers/sisters etc, and the 13- children. After all we are all humans and we value the younger kids, after all they are our future, and if we all curse etc before them.. then how do we await that they will respect us when we are old and need a place to sit down XD. Its bad enough.
And no, even though COPPA is there, children under 13 CAN register and play if they are in countries COPPA doesnt reach. Like mine.
Moderation: hmm well, cant really tell how it is, never had a serious issue, but i guess what i heard its good too XD
Chat: free, and awesome, now you can turn off the "etc arrived/left/dc" thing. A huge plus for me. Maybe a bit too free but.. whatever Kov thinks. Its after all a RP game.
Bugs: there are a few... okay maybe a bit more than a few but hey, its a free game, and im happy enough it came out and is running so just ignore these and just go on like nothing happened.
Music: nice music change there, gratz. i really like it, it represents the lion king more. Plus, unlike other games, it lets you put in your own music if you wanted. Another huge plus to the dev team. *hugs*
If i had to put this game on a scale from 1-10, 1 being the worst, 10 being the best... FH would land on the 9th on my scale.
(dun forget guys, nothing and noone is perfect, keep it in mind)
Ty for reading.

slycan

Re: My opinion
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 08:59:56 pm »
Finally an actual REVIEW of the game and not a crying-rant.

Thanks

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 10:08:40 pm »
What Slycan said ^ Nice review too, by the way. Good points. :3
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

TealSkeletore

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 03:24:27 am »
Thank you so much for this review. I agree with you with all of those points. Oh and about bashing other games.. Well I haven't seen any direct bashing with no reason. And it's an opinion, if you don't agree with them there's no need to be offended <3

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 06:05:53 am »
Oh, look! A review, and not a rant! How rare. Thanks for posting this, you actually made some very good points. c:

Offline Magpie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • "Nobody's perfect", Yay I'm a nobody..I'M PERFECT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 01:18:20 pm »
Yay for Garg~

@Teal: I'm really surprised! You haven't? Not being rude, but in the game sometimes if you even say a name of a game, the chat is raped with hate of it.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 11:23:52 pm »
@Magpie, I think we're talking about the forum here.

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 01:15:39 am »
Yay, awesome review. ;) Really did a good job there. : D

Twiliac

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 02:20:51 am »
We can turn off the arival/disconnect..ect thing? I've never noticed it, unless there is yet another patch I haven't heard of..

@Magpie, I think we're talking about the forum here.

Do believe their speaking of the forum, and the game.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 02:25:08 am by Twilia »

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 02:28:57 am »
We can turn off the arival/disconnect..ect thing? I've never noticed it, unless there is yet another patch I haven't heard of..

Yes. Go to options > Arrival Text (or something) > Don't show. -Offtopic, back on-
Yet again, nice review.