Author Topic: Map Ideas :D  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Nicholette

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The lunatic is on the grass...
    • View Profile
    • Ask the TimeTards- Tumblr
Map Ideas :D
« on: January 21, 2013, 05:24:24 am »
I think the people who made maps can be the mod of their own map, and can appoint new mods to their maps that can kick someone from their map and boot them out to Cape or back to Lonely Cave. Anyone with me?

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon!

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: Map Ideas :D
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 12:43:47 am »
I'm not sure how that can work exactly...  :-\
I just think if you don't want someone in your map or RP, you only give the map download to people you want to have access to it. What if one of those people becomes a pain in the backside? Well, re-upload the map and send out the new download to those you can trust.
It's simple enough, I don't think we need custom map mods.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 12:40:07 pm »
It would work. All the code would need is the same script that tells the game who is a mod or not, but only customized to be the map maker for their own map(s). A bug would be that they might accidentally become a ingame mod until somebody fixes it. I sure don't know how it'll work, but if they can get mods ingame, it should be possible. I see the needs of this, and no needs of this. I think, Flob, they might be referring to a whitelist

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline Nicholette

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The lunatic is on the grass...
    • View Profile
    • Ask the TimeTards- Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 01:45:02 am »
I know I might sound nerdish by saying thish, but a whitelist is one of those things in Minecraft where you have a server and put someone's IGN in a notepad thingy to ban them?

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon!

Offline magic2011

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Pfft, Wings? I can use bubbles.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 12:53:19 pm »
Well, you can ban people from your map, especially when your the map maker. If they're banned from that map, you can just report them for coming into a private map and refusing to leave, can't you? Ad you can just announce to your members who's a mod and who's not. ^^ it would take some coding thoug if it was to become an update, there could also be bugs. Like someone mentioned above, they could be stuck as an actual mod!

I like your idea, though.
Friends ask why your crying,

Best friends already have a shovel to bury the loser who made you cry.

Even the tiniest spark of courage, can turn the tides of war.