Author Topic: Easy Travel ideas!  (Read 4010 times)

12dollars

Easy Travel ideas!
« on: February 24, 2011, 09:17:05 am »
I dunno if this has already been said... but 85 topics... I dun think so XD

I was thinking about how annoying it is to have to travel from Bonfire Island to Cape of Distant worlds. It really does take a long time to get too and from. I was thinking of a new system, maybe where the home button is. A list of all the worlds you have installed (normal maps and custom map) where you can highlight and and click "go to" which will take you there in a flash. Most people will say "it takes the fun out of it" but I know a lot of people who dont like it.
Just something to think about ^^

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Easy Travel ideas!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 11:51:12 am »
I get the idea. But is it really that much of a problem to run to another place?

Personally I think traveling is a part of the game aswell so I've never thought this would be needed. If you really like a place that much so you want to be in it alot, you can always set your home there.

It takes maybe a min or two to get there from bonfire. And it's not like you are in a hurry to get to another map.

Pure lazyness, then I'd understand! xd

Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Aroxy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 11:14:32 pm »
I like to have to travel and find the portals.. being able to just transport wherever you want.. well.. idk.. i just don't seem to like that idea. I wouldn't be completely opposed to a sort of 'hub' that you stand on (kind of like in um.. i think it's called.. umm... crap the name completely slips my mind :/)

but anyway.. in that game, users run to a hub in which it floats into the sky and gives you a list of places you can go to (another exmaple is Istaria.. their travel system is kind of similar to what i'm explaining for a different game).

Anyway.. you'd still have to find where the hub is .. but i wouldn't be completely opposed to one of those. I just don't like the idea of being able to just click a button and poof you're there..

EDIT: I usually always set my home to Fluorite Plains.. not many of my friends just sit in Bonfire Island, so Fluorite gives me a virtually equal distance to get to Cape of Distant Worlds, or Ficho Tunnel.. and if I really wanted to go to Bonfire, resetting home isn't a huge deal to me either..

~Aroxy
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:16:42 pm by Aroxy »

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 01:59:33 am »
This idea would be very helpful when FH kicks me off sometimes when I'm in a friend's map. I have to start with a new character then. :0 Sometimes my character will be on Bonfire Island or something. But that's just me being lazy and complaining. xD

But anywho, however convenient it would be to have this, I think it would "ruin" the gameplay. You wouldn't see users running through Ficho Tunnel, and well, you know. Makes it seem deserted. :0

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 02:07:05 am »
I like the idea, but I like traveling. c: I normally set my home as Ficho Tunnel (Since I despise Bonfire >w>) and it's an equal distance away from pretty much everything. I do like this idea though, it would help especially for the people (like me) who have awful lag issues, we can just be swept away to the place we have the least lag (for me, it;s either the Tunnel or the Cape).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 02:09:01 am by Gem »

slycan

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 07:49:12 am »
I say if you've already been somewhere , you should have the option to teliport there

that or some way your friends or people can "invite" you into the map they are in beside them.

the fun-ness of walking from Bonfire back to CapO'Worlds wares out fast, especially if you testing/downloading buggy
maps :/

call me lazy. lol , its still annoying after the 50th trip getting from one spot to another in any case xD
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:26:01 am by Slycan »

12dollars

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 08:54:21 pm »
@Slycans post
Thats exactly what I mean, about testing out maps. Also the inviting sounds like a great idea, saves someone from having to run from BF island all the way to Fluorite Plains, then if they crash having to run back again. It may be fun for a while, but I feel sorry for those who do crash a lot :/

Offline Aroxy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 07:21:00 am »
I do like the idea of inviting other players to your map and having it teleport them there

~Aroxy

Offline XxKalixX

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • The Monkeys Are Coming!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 05:31:23 pm »
I have to say, although I did love running around, trying to find map portal-things, it would be useful to have something like this. Maybe, as Slycan said, being invited places.
It might take the fun out of it for some, but then they could just not use it ;)
But, yeah, something like it would be very useful. ^^
I haz interwebz and laptop! Feel free to have another Nyan-Cat! :3

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 12:56:42 am »
If the option was there, ofcourse people would use it anyway.

C1"Hey, lets go to another map"
C2"Ok"
C1*Poofs*
C2*starts running into another portal*

Not so likely to happen exactly.

I think the main reason why people are feeling a need of having a fast travel function, is simply because the starting map and teleports are placed different.

In IT there was this rather small starting default map with several teleports in one place. Even though you couldn't get to every single map right away. Teleports were close, and you could get back to default that way aswell. Maps were actually smaller in most cases.

In FH, there's just one way to the rest of the maps, and you can't go back to bonfire unless you reset your home and teleport there.

I'd personally would want some changes to the start map and teleports instead of a fast travel function.

IT worked perfectly fine without one. FH could aswell.
Former community manager of FeralHeart