Author Topic: Gender Differences!!  (Read 2935 times)

Offline littlefoxchild

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • "For the love of cats above"
    • View Profile
Gender Differences!!
« on: March 04, 2011, 04:12:36 am »
I'm sick of beening asked if I'm male or female. Is there a way we could have some kind of marking or something that can tell everyone "I'm female or I'm male".I was thinking  maybe the symbol for male/female that can't be covered by your marking on you back right leg or hip.

It would save me the time of telling everyone I'm female/male, when they can tell for themselves.  

Thanks Maslien!
It's far more logical to put it near the character's name.

I don't know why that did't occur to me and your right we should put it in the nametag! Symbols should be allowed to be in our Nametags or a gender symbol at best!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 07:19:09 am by Bouquet »

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
Re: Gender Differences!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 04:50:57 am »
Hm, not sure how I feel about this one. It's a good idea and all, but I honestly think it's fine the way it is. There's enough markings/combinations to choose from that can make your character look female or male. That's my opinion. ^^

Offline Kamaete

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • Wings would be good if I weren't afraid of heights
    • View Profile
    • Kama-ItaeteXIII @ DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 04:54:07 am »
Or maybe, in your character's bio, you could write: Female/Male.  It works just as well as a symbol.  Or maybe your character is genderless. 

Although, I usually go by size and mane if their isn't detail in their bio.

And I don't mean to be rude or anything.  I'm just saying, that's kind of what a bio is for.
...In my pants.

Offline littlefoxchild

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • "For the love of cats above"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 05:22:29 am »
How do you look Male or Female in this game? Everyone has their own idea of how they should look as a female or male. Weather they have a mane,  the pelt color, or markings how you see it is another story. Many people I run into get offended when I ask if they are male or female becuase to me they look male/female but their not. I could also check their Bio's but Again alot don't have them or it don't stated their gender. You could be genderless but alot of the game is RP so gender is kind of needed.

ColonelHamilton

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 05:31:06 am »
I think giving every character a male or female marking is a bad idea.  It would be kinda frustrating to go through all the trouble of making what you consider a beautiful character only to have them with a garish pink symbol on their haunch.  Also, there are inevitably going to be people who simply do not want to have their on gender displayed, or who will have characters they don't consider to be male or female.  It might be better to display a female or male symbol along side the character name.  Also, people should definitely have the option of opting out of choosing a gender symbol for their character, and displaying the gender of others' characters. Alternatively, it could be automatically displayed on the bio (again, people should have the option of not choosing a gender).

I think that the problem lies mostly with the people who get offended when asked their character's gender, though.  They are the ones being unreasonable; there is nothing offensive in the question.

Maslien3

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 05:52:38 am »
I am all for being able to tell that a character is male or female. But I 100% Agree with Alexander. Please don't put it on my character's rump :C
It's far more logical to put it near the character's name.

And I also agree that you shouldn't be offended when someone asks you your gender. It can be quite hard to tell, which is why a lot of people need to ask lol. If a female runs up to another female and says "Hey bby, I'm lookin for a mate ;)" assuming that the character is male. LOL

When I am asked my gender, I proudly say female :3

Thena

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 06:21:09 am »
I agree with Maslien, if there was a gender symbol it should be after the character name or near it somewhere.

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 05:48:55 pm »
..Why not just stick it in your character's biography? xD

It's what we did in IT. o3o
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;