Poll

This is a simple poll. What should FH do about registration times?

Keep it open 24/7 (And close for any emergencies)
20 (31.3%)
Have a certain date (Like one a week during a certain hour.)
30 (46.9%)
Open it during night hours to get more nightowls in (Because almost no one is on about 1 AM and people may start coming back around 10 AM or so. Usually not playing past 6 AM.)
3 (4.7%)
Keep it like it already is
11 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: What Should Feral-Heart Do With Registration?  (Read 8392 times)

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
What Should Feral-Heart Do With Registration?
« on: March 10, 2017, 08:37:04 am »
I just wanted to host a poll about the registration. I think many players agree with me when I say Feral-Heart need more players. It's sad seeing such an amazing game with so little players. Let's make Feral-Heart big, popular and something we can actually start playing when we want, let more users join. We can build a world without source code, we can make Feral-Heart something amazing, but we need more people to do it.

Let's make Feral-Heart something we could only dream. Lions, wolves, even birds, roaming around maps that are stunning. Groups for everyone and anyone, you just walk into a map with lots of advertising, click a few clips and find yourself the perfect group. Members don't leave characters and RPs to die, they are long termed, thousands of members, and no one simply passes a group by and ignores them to leave it empty.

But we need more players to have more roaming lions, wolves and birds. We need more people to make groups anyone could join. We need more members to join some of the greatest RPs you could imagine. We need more users joining Feral-Heart.

It shouldn't be that your lucky to finally catch registration open. You shouldn't have to wait days, weeks, and sometimes months just to get an account.

I'm sorry for the long post, but I just needed to get that out. Thank you for reading.

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • God in their worst form.
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
Re: What Should Feral-Heart Do With Registration?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 08:46:13 am »
I don't think 24/7 would be good. Since, it would overwhelm the server. Yes, it WOULD bring in tons of players, but I don't think 24/7 would be good. However, lets say they opened EVERY day on a certain hour? It would be nice.
Attempting to get more active. Enjoy the day!

Cheers!

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 08:49:26 am »
I don't think 24/7 would be good. Since, it would overwhelm the server. Yes, it WOULD bring in tons of players, but I don't think 24/7 would be good. However, lets say they opened EVERY day on a certain hour? It would be nice.

I agree with you. I say staff should have it open for a certain amount of time maybe not everyday but several times a week. It should also be a post the forums when it will be open and anyone can view it, members and guests.

Amara

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 08:53:34 am »
Wintersong is exactly right about why the registration isn't open 24/7. When FeralHeart was first released, it was open all the time but there were just so many players flooding in all the time, the servers were constantly going down.

However, I think registration should be kept exactly where it is. If we have registration open at a certain time of day, on the same day every week, people will notice and just flood in all at once, causing server crashes yet again.

Currently the registration is open 2 hours a day every day, at a completely random time. So there are moments where it is open for nightowls to register. So in the end it all works out. :)

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 08:56:19 am »
Wintersong is exactly right about why the registration isn't open 24/7. When FeralHeart was first released, it was open all the time but there were just so many players flooding in all the time, the servers were constantly going down.

However, I think registration should be kept exactly where it is. If we have registration open at a certain time of day, on the same day every week, people will notice and just flood in all at once, causing server crashes yet again.

Currently the registration is open 2 hours a day every day, at a completely random time. So there are moments where it is open for nightowls to register. So in the end it all works out. :)

Amara is right also, and I don't really mind whenever registration opens. However, I'd like it to open every now and then. :D

Cheers!

Amara

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 09:04:55 am »

Amara is right also, and I don't really mind whenever registration opens. However, I'd like it to open every now and then. :D

It already IS open now and again. 2 hours a day every day is rather good I think.

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 09:16:24 am »

It already IS open now and again. 2 hours a day every day is rather good I think.

Yep.

:o

Cheers!

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 09:17:27 am »
Registration opens once every 12 hours and each day, the times are random. This is for reasons stated above by Amara and Wintersong. Keeping it the way it currently is, is the best option for server load and keeping the game running smoother for everyone. Thank you for the input, however ^^

I advise anyone wanting an account to remain patient ^^ You will get one soon enough. Try to check this site once every hour for a day if you can!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 09:23:07 am by Morgra »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 10:11:39 am »
The thing is, there are a lot of people who can't make accounts any time. I barely ever see it open. Also, why not just put a player limit on the maps/server if overloading is such a big issue? Or maybe upgrade the server? I just almost never see it open, and I feel like I would of been on FH much sooner if registration seemed open as long as you say it is. I also suggest if we're going to have 12 hours open, it's more evened out. Like 6-8 AM, 10 AM to 12 PM, 2-4 PM, 6-8 PM, 10-12 AM, 2-4 AM. It give plenty of times in the day and give a 2 hour break.

Amara

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 10:20:54 am »
The thing is, there are a lot of people who can't make accounts any time. I barely ever see it open. Also, why not just put a player limit on the maps/server if overloading is such a big issue? Or maybe upgrade the server? I just almost never see it open, and I feel like I would of been on FH much sooner if registration seemed open as long as you say it is. I also suggest if we're going to have 12 hours open, it's more evened out. Like 6-8 AM, 10 AM to 12 PM, 2-4 PM, 6-8 PM, 10-12 AM, 2-4 AM. It give plenty of times in the day and give a 2 hour break.

I don't think they can just upgrade the server like that. And there ARE player limits on maps/servers. They just don't want to hit those numbers and crash everything because maybe getting a bigger/better server would be too much.

And honestly, that just gives it way too much time to be open. The registration does indeed open, you just gotta catch it, like everyone has been doing for the past few years.

And besides, have you seen the numbers of players recently? As of right now, as I type this, there are not as many people but it IS a school/work day or night. But through the weekdays, after school/work, I've seen up over 500 players, and on the weekends, close to 700. Which is pretty good if you ask me. cx