Author Topic: fangs, and fur movement  (Read 2803 times)

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
Re: fangs, and fur movement
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 02:57:33 pm »
Yeah. Kov and Raz already had a discussion about realistic fur, aka HAIR-fur on the model. But Kov sed it would be absolutely a lagg-overkill xD Plus this Fur is not able to be inserted into the Ogre System, which FH is based on.
^ This.

Realistic fur takes an UNGODLY amount of time to even render to see in something like Blender 3D. What would happen if it was put in a game? We would all die |D

However there's the possibility to make the manes we already have move [not fluffy ones], but that would result in adding bones to the models' skeletons and adding their movements to the animations. The challenge is that the manes are different styles and would move differently, so setting up the bones that could be used for *all* manes/tufts would be a problem.

o3o

Realistic fur can also = texture on a UV map.

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 03:00:28 pm »
XD i thought i already commented on this thread, i wouldn't mind fangs, because i am JUST starting out at presets and i am now just starting to get fur texture into the preset without messing with those codes or layers XD (O.o my volume turn down on my keyboard makes c's come up when i try to turn it down)
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

-Angel-

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 07:25:06 pm »
i think the fur is realistic enough. fangs (or tooth size) would be pretty cool though