Author Topic: Ok, I need to rant a bit  (Read 7278 times)

Offline okami129

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • Don't ever floof me! I hate floof, it's not a word
    • View Profile
Ok, I need to rant a bit
« on: August 19, 2012, 07:49:53 pm »
Salutations. if you know me as Okami129, good for you. I've just got to rant about these stupid name-claiming morons that afterwards, never post on the forum, never sign back on, heck they don't even have an edited profile. Currently that has been GETTING. ON. MY. NERVES. I've been trying to act as Ciel Earl Phantomhive, but as you can see people has decided to claim that name and never sign back on EVER!!! There's at least 3 pages of these people. All of them never post or get on and honestly it ticks me off. So the least you can do is get on the forum, post something if you plan to contribute, or otherwise change your forum name. It wont mess up your ingame name at all, just make it so other forum people can have that name. That is all.
NOW KEEP THIS IN MIND!!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 08:31:36 pm by CielxEarlxPhantomhive »

The liar and the thief

CloudFish

Re: Ok, I need to rant a bit
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 07:58:19 pm »
considering that name is a widely known and popular character from some show or another, it is not surprising that so many have it. and these people, regardless of their activity, have the right to the name just as much as you.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 08:17:44 pm »
As far as I see this is just a tantrum over a topic that has been discussed many times before. As CloudFish said everyone is entitled to whatever name they wish to use in game or in the forum. No one holds any rights to a specific name and there is no reason why someone should have to change their forum name just to suffice to your demands or desires. There has been many times I have seen other people use my old accounts name and it was not a big deal. Do not taint the quality of this community by causing hostility by name calling people "morons" etc. If people decide to use that name and not sign back on to their account or be active online its their own prerogative. There is nothing wrong with venting out frustrations but be mature about it and do not be rude.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 08:19:30 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline okami129

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • Don't ever floof me! I hate floof, it's not a word
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 08:32:52 pm »
It has now been edited. But mostly I needed to vent a moment.

The liar and the thief

SoulRevenge

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 02:13:15 am »
People had the name 'Blacki', which was the one I wanted.
I've never seen someone on the forum with the name 'Blacki' yet, but I don't explode.
Like CloudFeesh said above, Ciel is a heck of a popular character on FeralHeart, and according the group searches- Kuroshitsuji is possibly one of the most Roleplayed Animes on FH.

Theres no reason to rant about it really, and besides- having 'X's in there, it isn't completely terrible at all, chu got ur name, though it's been eddited a little, so be happies.

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 03:16:40 am »
Er, guys? Scolding the creator of the thread isn't hitting the nail on the head.
I don't believe that Ceil's trying to claim that name, just angry that other people try to, from what I understand. Perhaps I'm wrong.

But I think its a unanimous opinion that name-claiming is wrong and your rant has been read and thought about.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 03:49:33 am »
I agree with Haruki, scolding at the creator of this rant isn't smart, actually. Don't know what too add that is nice about, ignore the rant. It makes you little like... ummm...... unnecessary to be commenting.

Anyways, I believe one person's username is "LionQueen", as of the username I most frequently use. >.>

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 03:52:18 am »
Like what was said before, the name of a well liked character from a popular show is going to be pretty hard to get. It's like me making my username "dragons". Dragon is one of the most popular usernames these days, and I wouldn't have a chance of getting it.

I do feel that pain though. I would have really loved to have the name "SpiritDragon" but it was taken.

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 01:41:44 pm »
I also have to agree with Haruki and Lion. There's also really no point in having more than one person basically pointing out the same thing that's already been said before them, really it just makes it look like everyone's ganging up on one person...

Anyway, going on topic, I've had several experiences with this e_e
Originally my name was "Raven" but so many had it, of course, so I had to mix it up a bit until I finally decided to change it altogether haha. You can't really make people change their names, of course, especially if they're very popular characters, but that can't keep you from hoping, eh? xD

There was only one time I saw someone with the name "Katsa", and they had both "Katsa and Fire" in it which are two characters made by the same person, it made me slightly annoyed cause I thought I had finally come across a name that was hardly used but even so it was only once x3
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 11:47:18 pm »
This can be vexing indeed... I recall when I tried to register as Cream, which was taken by someone who hadn't signed in for over 5 months. o: But, I'm happy as it is now. ~ There's always an alternate choice, eh.

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo