Author Topic: What the Roleplay?  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
What the Roleplay?
« on: December 29, 2012, 05:02:53 am »
I'm a little confused. It's unquantifiable, really.

So I understand the need to separate the FeralHeart related roleplay from the unrelated roleplay. A wolf pack is very different than a human high school roleplay and frankly, I'm glad I don't have to sift one from the other.

But I've noticed a good number of Wolf and Lion and Warrior Cat roleplays going on in the Offtopic section. What's up with that? I understand wanting to have a board a little more to yourself and maybe get more attention, but it's all starting to get a little redundant.

Can someone clarify for me the purpose of this? Or is the definition of "Unrelated" vague?

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
What the Roleplay Defined.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 06:07:49 am »
Well, as a regular of the Offtopic Roleplay board, I can explain to you and differentiate the related and unrelated.

The FeralHeart-related roleplays usually occur in-game or both forum AND in-game seeing as how there are three catergories within the "General Roleplay" area which consist of "Groups," "Open Roleplays," and "Advertising Board." The Groups category has several examples of FeralHeart-related roleplays seeing as it actually being IN FeralHeart but also on the forum (but that is dependent on the group, of course.) As for the Open Roleplays, there is a sticky note by Red (http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=18562.0) explaining its purpose and as it states "..these roleplays are meant to be easy to join up and start for everyone," there aren't harsh regulations and whatnot and some even allow rolepalyers to hop on in while others are even for mapped rps (but not considered a group..) The Advertising Board serves an obvious purpose but in the sticky note thread (http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=18561.0) that "..FeralHeart related as in having roleplays in the game, on this forum or having story lines taking part on/off the game at the same time..."

As for unrelated roleplays, it is simply having to only involve the forum and not actually getting in-game or "mapped" and there are actual regulations AND requirements to participate in a few such as literacy. The definition isn't vague, it's straightforward: it's unrelated to FeralHeart.

As for the wolf, lion, and Warriors related roleplays going on in the Offtopic section, it's already simple: they are unrelated to any matters of FeralHeart. Even if it involves animals that are avatars common within the game, this doesn't automatically mean it must be in or related to the game. The board is being used properly for those members that only do roleplay on forums but there has been several instances where it has been confused for the Advertising Board by the newbies. But rest assured, the Offtopic section isn't superfluous or being used for attention-seeking for Feralheart-related matters ("I understand wanting to have a board a little more to yourself and maybe get more attention, but it's all starting to get a little redundant. ")

I hope this answers your question, Haruki.

Have a nice day,
-SoaringAway.

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
Re: What the Roleplay?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 06:17:13 am »
Ah, this is wonderfully insightful!

I think I understand a little better now. So because the Offtopic roleplay is designated to be unrelated to FeralHeart, I thought that meant both the forum and the game. The offtopic roleplay is different in that it just doesn't pertain to the game itself but just takes place on the forums, while the General Roleplay all has connections to the game.

If I understand you correctly.

+Floof for you my friend. ^^
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:18:49 am by Haruki »

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
Re: What the Roleplay?
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 06:25:38 am »
I'm enlightened to see that my blocky post was of use to you! To be honest, I was confused by General Roleplays as you were once before about the Offtopic Roleplays as I saw much similarity between the two. And yes, you conveyed my explanation properly.

Thank you for the floof but in any case, it is always an obligation for me to assist another user of the FH forums and to see that anyone or in this case, you, benefiting from it is the best floof! c: