Author Topic: Unfair Roleplaying  (Read 11343 times)

JackobLoveu

Unfair Roleplaying
« on: March 08, 2013, 03:11:41 pm »
Table Of Contents

Being Left Out In A Rolepay.
People leaving you out in Rolplay.
Being in charge,when your actually not!

--------------------------------------------
Roleplaying

Okay. I experience this alot and also this happens to me. So lets get this started. Okay. We all know Roleplays is everyone, but that what you think Eh...? Well some are not and some are. Well.For not roleplays, people are being left out!  People being in charge when they actually not! People are you what to do! This is crazy talk. Who think this wrong! -Raise Hand- I do. When I see this or me having this..I'll immediately cry because roleplays is for everyone! NOT for YOU; unless you're being a fool/clown of yourself! >:U
Being Left Out In Roleplay

Okay. Did you read the Title? Crazy right. Anyway, to the problem. When you see a roleplay that looks interesting you want to join, right? Yeah. Well..When you sign up and start roleplaying. Suddenly, a bunch of people starts joining! But that's problem. So you welcome them and say some stuff, and all of you start roleplaying..-Still not a problem ehh? But when your roleplaying a week, you realize your being left out, and people pretend they don't see you! The crazy talk! I won't ever do that! >:U People writing in high definition and you low definition! >:U Grr.. Mean people..Then you say "I'm leaving the roleplay..!" People yelled "no please stay..Etc" but you know they lying. [Understand?] Grr..I can't. >.< Next Chapter.

People Leaving You Out In Roleplay!

Chapter 1 is different from this chapter! Anyway, you're in a roleplay right? But you're already signed up, until a person joins in and get accepted, so everything is alright for now. Suddenly, it time for bed and you have to go to sleep,then you go to sleep. Next morning, you got up and go to roleplay and see a hold lot of pages appear! That wasn't there that day, just oneday! ONE! >:U Totally not fair!  Then you click it, and say "I'm leaving..Roleplay went to fast!" >.< Then people give you the symbols look. Like may I help? I'm not trying to be rude, but if you know if went to fast..Why are you giving me the look? Like once again, may I help. Then their next reply is "We can  possible slow down" -Hits brakes- Ehhhee!! Hello! Do you hear yourself lying in my face? Cause you know there not! Then you fall for it and say "Okay recap, please." (A replied) "Sure...(Made up) The bear at me) That's it.! A baby sentence...Then you know there not paying attention..But still accepted it.. >.< Stupid me. Then a couple weeks pass..And you see they still doing it! Now, this is the time to leave. So post you're leaving, but they continued roleplaying. Disrespectful! >:U So that's it for that chapter. Hope you understand.

People Being In Charge, When They Are Actually not!

So do you understand the two chapters? Good. Let's get this last chapter going! c: So..You're in a roleplay, right" So everyone in the same RP with you. Not a problem. So your RPING for awhile and realizing your RP owner wasn't online for awhile. So..The people starts making updates and accepting members- I understand you want to help..But just tell something- Then the person thinks they control the RP. W-What! Who thinks that wrong? Meh do! >.< Then suddenly, everything gets out of hand! People think you can go ahead..People think whatever they like to do! NO! THIS IS NOT YOUR RP! So you have to leave..Then people screaming you name. "Thrillex, no! Stay!" Grr..You have to say "Sorry" That you been in so long too. >.< Hate that! Grr...  Well I'm done with this! So suggested you stop! >.< If you hate me..I don't care! Haters gonna HATE! >:U

What do you think about this? :/

Sincerely,
Thrillex
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 04:00:46 pm by Thrillex »

Offline 580star

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Unfair Roleplaying
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 05:00:19 pm »
Frequently, This happens alot. It is rather upsetting that they wouldn't just look over to your Character & Roleplay with you. I've experienced being left out once or twice. >.>

JackobLoveu

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 05:11:00 pm »
This happens to me..Like 4 times. But yeah..You get my point. >.<

Offline Huskystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Troll!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 09:16:54 pm »
1.If I'm left out, I just whiz to someone else! xD
2. I never do that, I'm just like, "Sorry you feel this way. Bye!"  If that happened to me, I wouldn't reply.
3. Just say, "Seriously, stop lying. Can't you just add 'You have to wait until 2-4 posts are posted before starting your own!' But normally, if there is a roleplay going really fast, I just leave it.

These Tips are probably only good for me, as I am laid-back, and not really caring about that stuff! But I have decided to at least help a few.

My New Horse, Cookie Dough <3.

Riding bareback is AWESOMESAUCE!

Whisper on my in-game as HuskyStar, or PM me if your confused

JackobLoveu

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 09:30:48 pm »
1.If I'm left out, I just whiz to someone else! xD
2. I never do that, I'm just like, "Sorry you feel this way. Bye!"  If that happened to me, I wouldn't reply.
3. Just say, "Seriously, stop lying. Can't you just add 'You have to wait until 2-4 posts are posted before starting your own!' But normally, if there is a roleplay going really fast, I just leave it.

These Tips are probably only good for me, as I am laid-back, and not really caring about that stuff! But I have decided to at least help a few.

Totally agree. Even I be doing that.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 10:13:45 pm »
Hmm.. Let's see, here...

Starting with Chapter 1
Nobody likes feeling left out of roleplays. ._. That's a plain and simple fact.

However, when that happens in roleplay (be it in-game or on a forum), I think it's best to continue moving along, and assume (for a while, anyway) that it's just a fluke, and the others might just be caught up in their posts. Try making your own posts very concise and clear, have your character very distinctly interact or start some interaction with their characters, that way it allows you a window into the roleplay. However, if it does keep up, then take it up with the roleplay leader, and if that still doesn't help, then (and only then) would I let them know that I'd be taking my leave.
So, give them the benefit of a doubt, but... If they're going to ignore you deliberately for extended periods of time, it probably isn't worth your time, anyway.

Chaptah 2
Again, I'm assuming this is forum-based roleplay?
The problem with being on the internet is that not everybody can be on all at once, all of the time. As you said, everybody's gotta get some sleep in, after all!
And so, if the RP is intense and very centered around your character and a few others, then it would be simple courtesy for the others to wait until tomorrow, as in any RP, for you to return.
Conversely, though, the RP isn't always based around a single person. There are often several storylines going on at once, and so if the RP had to stop every time someone had to go offline, I don't know if it would ever get anywhere in the story. o:> Then it would be difficult for anyone to stay interested in it at all. :L

That said, it just takes a lot of cooperation... As a fairly seasoned RPer, myself, I know I've had to go offline, only to come back to the RP, and it's wayyy ahead of where I left off, but that's usually when you've just gotta make up a story for what your character was doing previously, and do what you can to jump back in. Hang in there, Thrilleh. <3

Chaptah 3
Personally, I've always enjoyed seeing someone who's willing to jump up and lend a paw to help out the RP leaders, but generally (unless otherwise specified) it's best not to do things like updating the thread by oneself or accepting new members without consent of the roleplay leader...
While I'm not too familiar with the differences between forum vs. in-game roleplay etiquette, I do know that that right is reserved for the RP leader and the ones that leader has given authority to do so in their absence.
Again, this could differ from roleplay to roleplay, depending on the individuals. If you do think these kids are doing something they ought not to, though, why not point it out to the actual roleplay leader? It couldn't hurt, after all.

I'm sorry you've had a rough time, though... These are just my thoughts on all of that, though. Take it easy, Thrilleh, and just remember to have fun. <3

(By the way. Your new siggy is ADORABLE! 8D)
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

~Firepool~

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 04:13:53 pm »

Hate it when this happens. It's occurred in my case a few times, usually when I'm roleplaying as a child or teenager. The "adults" of the group never listen to the ones who are younger and tend to completely ignore them. It's annoying, especially when you're trying to RP.

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 04:23:11 pm »
@Fire: Thank you! I completely agree. This is one reason I hate roleplaying and thank you Whiteh for your suggestions. c; >.<

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 05:11:26 pm »
Maybe you shouldn't hate rping, Thrill. I mean, it is mainly about...

Who makes the roleplay

If you have a disorganized child (A) creating the roleplay, then it is likely to be weak and easy to break. If a strong, active person (B) is creating it, then it is likely to be strong and hold firm. (A) would keep posting and posting and hardly help you at all if you have trouble keeping up or feel you are being left out. (B) would patiently wait for you to return and include you if you feel left out. Which one do you want to roleplay with?
Who is roleplaying
 Even if you have a good roleplay leader, a roleplay can still be weak. The roof of the roleplay that keeps out unwanted rain--the roleplayers--play a huge role. Would you rather roleplay with: "the wolf clawed the other wolf to peices and laughed evilly and ran away with loud cackles and giant claws extended to kill anything in its path" or... "The male wolf leaped up and stretched out his claw, hoping to claw his opponent". I'm not talking about literacy (which is a term we use tenderly) but rather about cooperation, the ability to understand what they are saying, and general roleplay morals (No godmodding, don't powerplay, mary/gary sue, etc).
Who you are.
 If you are a person who is regularly on a computer, loves to write and let out creativity, and is great at working with other people, then the roleplaying business opens wide! But if you are more of an outdoor person who likes to read stories instead of write them, perhaps you should try something else. Neither is better than the other, but trying to roleplay when you are the person above is like trying to be a vet when you are allergic to animals.

Hope this helps >.<

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 05:46:37 pm »
@Fire: Thank you! I completely agree. This is one reason I hate roleplaying and thank you Whiteh for your suggestions. c; >.<
You're very welcome, dear. <3 Hang in there, y'all! Roleplay can be very fun and full of lovely people, you've just gotta find the right group, is all. ^-^"
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||