Author Topic: Unfair Roleplaying  (Read 11344 times)

Offline reaganyeah

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Green Day, YUSH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Unfair Roleplaying
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 02:03:32 am »
Holy  crapy that's pretty much me in every roleplay I join.  They all just ignore me and when I try to say something I'm pretty much non-existant. Or when people invite annoying people Who tiap lyke thiz ;3 into the group, and then it turns into a chat group. I'm pretty fed up with it. Even in other roleplays when I try to get involved and we have a good roleplay going everyone just suddenly STOPS LOGGING ON. But i understand how you feel.

Xx~GreenDay~xX

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 02:07:13 am »
>.< Thank you! GRR...Roleplays is okay..but it;s just the people on how they don't think right..or care about others.

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 05:53:13 pm »
However, when that happens in roleplay (be it in-game or on a forum), I think it's best to continue moving along, and assume (for a while, anyway) that it's just a fluke, and the others might just be caught up in their posts. Try making your own posts very concise and clear, have your character very distinctly interact or start some interaction with their characters, that way it allows you a window into the roleplay. However, if it does keep up, then take it up with the roleplay leader, and if that still doesn't help, then (and only then) would I let them know that I'd be taking my leave.

I can't help but echo with this!

Be active!

In roleplay, there's often a chance that you're being too passive with your character. For example, if we're squinting at FH's chatbox roleplay, I'm more likely to actively respond to the person who approaches me, rather than the fellow making a series of passive emotes in the distance. There's very little anyone can respond to-- my character's not telepathically capable of sensing whenever someone seated upon the opposite shore looks at him. It happens in forum roleplays too; the folk you're roleplaying with need something to actively respond to, unless you want a dull session filled with snide glances and curiosity, and no interaction. Even saying something's better than remaining passive!

What's everyone doing?

Imagine the scene, two opposing alphas staring at each other, hackles rising and fangs bared. The tension's rising, the aggression's mounting-... "Hey guys! What's everyone doing?"

Sometimes, there's simply too much going on to include a newcomer in the scene-- the characters wouldn't realistically pull away from the drama at hand to idly chatter with a stranger! If they're engrossed in the roleplay, it might be difficult to burst in. Either trying to join in without disrupting the roleplay's atmosphere, or popping in when they're all finished is likely the best course of action. It's not that they don't care about your enjoyment, it's just that they risk sabotaging their own when bending over backwards (and potentially ruining the plot) to interact with you.

People are just butts.

Pompous, pompous butts. Butts that happen to be entirely wrapped around their own clique-- a tight-knit circle of friends that don't let in no stranga'. They'll actively ignore you, demean you and dismiss your worries, unless you can worm yourself into their cold, iron hearts! But is it really worth the effort? If they're intentionally ignoring your very presence, it's best to hightail it out of there and try your chances elsewhere. One of the key pinnacles of a good roleplay is the players behind the characters! No matter how perfect the group's roleplay is, it's definitely not worth putting up with such douchecanoes. A group of friendly, lively people becomes more like family! Heck, I didn't find my perfect group the first time-- and I'm still trying to find a replacement (it disbanded recently) after numerous failed attempts. It takes time to find the 'right' one-- and every second is well spent when you finally do!

/ramble off.

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 03:34:38 pm »
Off-topicness: This is a bunch of great advice. What if we all formed it into a "Roleplay Guide" if such a thing doesn't already exist, eh?

Offline Skrillexx

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • DANCE THE DANCE OF LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 09:09:57 pm »
Chapter 1 says whats happened today, my friend and me made a pride today, got loads of members really quick and a few hours in the roleplay, I start talking to her and she completely ignores me. What the haaaaail? Who else has had that happen?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:51:11 am by Skrillexx~ »

Awoken.

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 09:14:22 pm »
Thanks for Skrillex. :3 But can you please..not give your friend userID..Thanks.

Who else has had that happen?
Yes..I have this experience before..>.< I really don't like it. It happen last month ago..When I left and completely ignoring. >.<

Offline Skrillexx

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • DANCE THE DANCE OF LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 11:51:46 am »
Its so mean ;-; Also the ID is gone. 030 NO ONE SAW.

Awoken.

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 11:54:14 am »
Off-topicness: This is a bunch of great advice. What if we all formed it into a "Roleplay Guide" if such a thing doesn't already exist, eh?

I might just make one of those

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 12:02:24 pm »
Its so mean ;-; Also the ID is gone. 030 NO ONE SAW.
Indeed it is, I know how you feel ;_; and thank you. :D

Offline Meadowstar01

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2013, 03:19:59 am »
Oh my god. I can't tell you how many times the "Ignoring you in the RP" thing has happened to me. Even if the RP were small, two other people would be RPing, and it would be as if I were ignored. That's partially why I got bored of RPing and quit with it.