Author Topic: Favorite Events?  (Read 2791 times)

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Favorite Events?
« on: March 31, 2013, 10:53:59 pm »
Evenin', folks! (Or whatever time it happens to be for you at the moment. c;>)

So, one day(s) I was poking through the forum.
I saw the 'Competitions and Events' section, and, as it is now, the main event going on right now is the monthly Preset Contest, and it kinda brought back memories of the various events that have been held in the forum (and also a few in-game).
I know my personal favorite was the Art Contest (so much fabulous art<3, I would even like to see another one of these~), and, of course, there have been others, such as Favorite Signature, Best Writer, and if I recall correctly, even some map making contests.

Soo... What did you guys think of these events~? Do you have any favorite events or competitions? Any thoughts on them? :3
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Events?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 01:35:34 am »
Hard to say but I really love the in game events most. Of the three types of in game events I've been to the Feral Heart Holiday celebrations are my favorite. There's something fun about being able to celebrate the holidays in real life and in Feral Heart. It brings alot of community members closer together and it's a great way to meet and make new friends. I especially love seeing everyones holiday themed presets :3 During the holiday celebrations we also get a chance to directly interact with the staff and it's always nice to see the staff having fun along with us. I also had alot of fun seeing friends from the forum in game at the Halloween & Christmas parties x3.

My second favorite event is definately Feral Heart Movie Night although we haven't had some in a while. Whenever I'm bored or have free time it was fun and exciting to gather up in the Feral City cinema with everyone else to wait for Red's livestreams. To me it always feels like a fun family movie night because so many of the people in this community are like second family to me. The Feral Heart Movie Nights are also how I first met alot of the wonderful people in this community in the first place. Feral Heart Movie Nights are also fun because of the FHRadio that Wolffox & Ramine host. It's like the after party from the movie x3 and boy have we had fun just derping and chatting in those dancelines. Another fun bit are the podcast from the staff. It's nice to hear their opinions on community issues and other various topics. All in all I love the in game events alot because they really help bring the community together in ways that we wouldn't normally unite through regular game play on the default maps.

I love most of the forum events but I haven't had a chance to really participate in any yet but I'm sure if I do I would love to try a preset contest :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 01:40:12 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline peachbreeze

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 03:11:13 am »
Welp. Since I'm such a newbie (Though my account doesnt say it) I havent seen or participated in such events, but they all seem so sweet and fun <3 Ive heard of the feral heart cinemas (Spell it right? cx) So I was wondering when another event will come, since such a friendly floof like you says it has so many nice memories :3

.-.

Offline Proon-coon

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • 8luh
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 03:44:55 am »
The Monthly Preset Contests and Art Contest were probably my favourite events. c: I enjoy seeing the presets that very talented people make and the art for the contest was simply amazing. I've never been to any in-game events (Christmas, Halloween, etc), but I wish I did. They sound really fun.

BouncyLion101

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 04:34:36 am »
I haven't really participated in any events...mainly because of my embarrassingly bad preset/map/ and art skills.
But I do enjoy looking at the submissions for preset contests, the creativity of the players in this community is..amazing.
And when players use their creativity to make epic presets it just blows me away and makes me give a fansqueal.
x3

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 07:24:31 pm »
Personally I feel like the Art Contest is my fave due to the fact that everyone can join in. The preset contest is interesting and it is very unique to see what people come up with when making a preset, but i think some people are limited on joining in that cause they don't have the right materials/software to do so. I truly hope there is another one coming up soon. I love seeing everyone's talents. But things are going VERY slow here im not sure if any events are going to happen really.

Also the little celebrations we have on Christmas or Halloween is what I LOVE too. Unfortunately i didn't join the FH forums till a year and i missed out on a lot of events, and last Christmas happen to be my first celebration event i have ever went to and i loved that so much too.
Just little family get together is such a fun time
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Tokoa

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • Orange.
    • View Profile
    • http://tokoas.deviantart.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 12:00:58 am »
Mine would have to be the preset contest.
I myself have only joined in one time back in the day lol.
But I think its a awesome way for everyone to show off there preset skills to everyone on FeralHeart.
Now if only I could make better presets. ^^''

However, I think the things we do on the holidays are the best. Its very fun to party in the maps with everyone!
And that also goes with the FeralHeart movie nights. Its a fun way to kick back and watch a derpy movie with everyone on FeralHeart.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:07:58 am by Tokoa »

Icon by Aveo and sig by WingsandFeathers on DeviantArt.