Author Topic: Rant: One Timer Presets  (Read 6204 times)

Offline ~Sorowsong~

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Never go anywhere with out the internet~MiniHacker
    • View Profile
Re: Rant: One Timer Presets
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 05:49:30 pm »
Yeah, I agree it's unfair. I know presets are hard and take along time, even though I don't know how to make them xD. I want to request a preset for my cat, Error. I would brake all of limbs before I deleted and or went inactive with her. xD ~Sigh~ Sorry for all that wasted work guys! D:
"You wish to fight me, but you do not know the cost. The cost is your life. For it will be you who falls beneath my paws, to never rise again." ~By, me~  -In game: ~Sorowsong~-

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 07:35:59 pm »
Wow... I never thought something as stupid as this would happen ._. I just started taking preset requests myself and am now doubting if they will be used to good use...

And the warrior cat hopping is ridiculous.... Sure, I have a few warriors my self, heck i have an entire made up clan, but i dont ask for 19ish presets for each one of them... Also, most cat species are the same so can't the creator just say the preset is going to be public so other users can be the same breed? It would mean less downloading and waiting for everyone in the end...

I keep an archive of preset downloads private because i honestly really like some of the ones i've done. I want to say now if I know one of the ones I made is going unused to post it public. Like Suga said, we put work, hours and maybe even love (heheh i know cheesy but it happens) into presets. To discard our artwork like that would hurt anyone's feeling, let alone how can they have the guts to ask you to make another one???

Sorry for ranting so much but the thought of this really does sadden me... :,(

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 05:01:18 pm »
As a preset maker myself, this is one of the reasons why I don't often share the presets I make or not at all. Personally, I'm always happy to take on a request for a good friend or two, however, I'm usually wary of people I do not know well. Do not understand me in the wrong way, I like to make anything for anybody, whether it be a simple map, a preset, a piece of art, a story, if I can make it, I'll do it. For me, it's all about what happens afterwards to my work I'm worried about. What would happen once I'm done and hand it off? Will it be used quite frequently or for one day? I take time into detail and design of any preset I do and my reference (sometimes on lazy days, it's iffy, but still very well done).

Like most people, I don't like any of my art to be set aside because "a group disbanded" or "I want a new preset, it can't wait." It's better just to have a preset you would really like and you see yourself using for a while, regardless of a rp being closed or whatever. It's alright to switch back and forth from a pre-made design, especially an elaborately detailed one. Just pick what interest you, if you like it and stick with it. A bit of constancy is all I ask. 

Most recently made preset for myself, note, no, I didn't draw the fur texture.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka