Author Topic: Illiterates.  (Read 3971 times)

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Illiterates.
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 07:19:41 am »
Ah, I remember back when I was an illiterate. Like exe. stated, I do believe there was a topic similar to this, but nevertheless, when I was an illiterate, luckily I was never picked on or bullied as badly as some illiterates are today. I, too, am strongly against any form of bullying/abuse and it disappoints me to see some literates bluntly stroll up to mess with those who, like stated before me, might be young or has a spelling disability. There's a difference between individuals who just aren't as experienced between power-players/god-modders. Quite unfair mingling the two and viewing that all illiterates are just power-players/god-modders when they're really not.
gone

Offline Phatom

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Dorian the personal floof.
    • View Profile
    • Zinci on deviantART.
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 01:40:45 pm »
I'm absolutely tired of hearing this. Reason I'm bored most of the times is that I can't rp. But I'm not only illiterate, I can not rp at all though I still enjoy listening to others, roleplaying. I understand this is a roleplay game but for me more important is messing around, having fun or just resting at stone bridge or somewhere else which is also very hard. You never know what to excpect from people. If you just talk to them, they may think that you're crazy or something like that and make you feel really stupid and uncomfortable, so usually I prefer just sitting there. But sometimes you gotta risk, results are worth it. I remember some really good times buttswinging or dancing in the danceline. How can people forget that, there are no rules in having fun
Tired of hearing what? This isn't a bad thing about illiterates.

Image by cakeindafridge on dA.
My dA - http://zinci.deviantart.com/

Offline Phatom

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Dorian the personal floof.
    • View Profile
    • Zinci on deviantART.
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2013, 01:43:08 pm »
Thank you to everyone who has posted in reply of this! c:

Image by cakeindafridge on dA.
My dA - http://zinci.deviantart.com/

Offline hellensilverwolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • babayagaga
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 03:30:57 pm »
Tired of hearing what? This isn't a bad thing about illiterates.
nah, I meant people being mean to illiterates. This topic wouldn't be opened if they were nice to them right? never happened to me though, maybe because I didn't even try to roleplay lol

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 11:01:23 pm »
Everyone was a illiterate before; even you or your friend, etc. The illiterate people are just newborn role players.

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2013, 06:08:08 am »
I agree with you on this. I don't think it's right for people to bully others all because of the way they roleplay. I see it happen all the time. I've even seen people judge others harshly because of they way they roleplay.

Tonight I came across some people roleplaying as a herd of horses. These horses would roleplay using only one or few words in their roleplay post. I wanted to interact with them for a few seconds; just playing as a passer-by fox. Suddenly, a random wolf told me that I wouldn't get a good roleplay from them. I asked him "Why?" in whisper, and this is how the conversation went. *Usernames were blocked to protect the identity of the users*

I tried to defend the horses roleplay style, by saying that it really doesn't make them "illiterate", but you can't change the minds of everyone. Sure, their roleplay style isn't the "advanced" type... but that's what they were comfortable with. Who are we to tell them that their roleplay style is illiterate and wrong?
Inactive

Offline Kona

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 01:06:08 pm »
It is honestly quite annoying when people use "Text Message Writing" I mean...if you have time to play a game online and be sitting down...don't you at least have the time to spell right? I mean people don't have to use perfect grammar or anything, and I don't bully the people who are illiterate, I see no reason too. And as said, they can be really nice people sometimes! Get to know them first "Don't judge a book by its cover!"

Signature by ISeeYou/GoldRadium