Author Topic: What Makes A Good Member of Feral Heart?  (Read 3471 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
What Makes A Good Member of Feral Heart?
« on: July 25, 2013, 04:51:53 pm »
What Makes a Good Member of Feral Heart?

What's Your Opinion?

Just curious as to what others think of such a question. What do you think makes a good member of Feral Heart? Is it someone who respects the rules? Is it someone who helps the community? Is it a good roleplayer? Is it someone who makes good maps or presets for others? Is it one of the above or all of the above? What's your opinion?

I think a good member of Feral Heart can be anyone who follows and respects the rules. Someone who respects others, other's opinions, feelings, etc. Someone who is kind and helpful to others in the community.

What do you think makes a good member of the community?
Inactive

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: What Makes A Good Member of Feral Heart?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 05:50:22 pm »
Ah, Lady Alizarin, I do love the topics you make; they're so very thoughtful and...just brilliant. :) *nuzzle*

First, I think a good FH member is one who is known fairly well within the community and liked aswell. It says a lot when members recognise a person straight off and go to say hi. To me, it shows that the person must have done quite a few good things for other members to like and appreciate them.
A good member is also helpful towards others and likes to contribute in whatever way they can. That can be through participating in discussions, making maps/presets/mods and sharing them with other members. Of course, a good member respects others and the rules aswell, and helps to steer others down the right path when they get close to breaking a rule.

I don't really think roleplaying ability is very important in a member, generally. One could be rubbish at roleplaying but could also be kind, helpful and shares the stuff they make. Unless you're looking for members to join a roleplay, roleplaying ability is one of the least important things.

Of course, a good member might not have all thoughs traits. But I think that the good members here have some of them, if not most of them. :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 05:53:05 pm by DoctorFlob »

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline F a t a l

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 03:46:27 am »
What I think would make a good FH member would be someone who is kind, understanding, and does not bash the opinions of others. Someone who helps others out when they ask for it, and are patient with others.

I don't think good roleplaying skills are completely necessary to be considered a good member.
Found in-game as F a t a l
Frequently hanging around on characters Daiquiri and Paenitere.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 06:31:30 am »
Hmm, I believe a good member on Feralheart would be an individual who is active in-game as well as the forums. Pretty much someone who takes the time to get involved and help with the community whenever they can. They follow the rules quite well and help enforce those rules out to those who either are unaware of the rules or commence into breaking those rules. As well as they help the Staff in what little they can, even if it's just by reporting any rule-breakers. They aren't discriminate, and isn't one of those members who views themselves as either better than everyone else or a certain amount of members and they bestow a welcoming personality. To me, that's what a good member of the community is.
I do agree, that roleplaying isn't exactly a big thing into being a good member, since roleplaying is merely for entertainment purposes.
gone

Offline avomeir

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • "What a twist of events..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 12:06:47 pm »
Well, I believe a good member of Feral heart is someone whom truly cares for the community. By this I mean whether or not they like someone, they try their best to show a welcoming attitude rather then one that chases someone off. They also try to help those in need whenever it may be possible, not because they believe they can get something in return, but for the benefit of the community. They also don't look down on others who may not be as experienced in this big feral family. I as well agree with F a t a l, roleplaying skills have nothing to do with being a good member. If one was to judge how good a member someone was by their roleplay skills would be the equivalent of someone judging a person by their clothes. It's just an incorrect way of looking at things, whether we see it or not. 
Find me in game on Volaticus.~
Signature - TrinityZiel@dA -- Avatar - Attsos.
Somewhat inactive via forums due to a variety of different things.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 02:56:07 am »
A good member of Feral Heart would be someone who respects and follows the rules without questioning them. Also a good member would help others without asking for anything in return. Another characteristic of a good member is someone who is active on Feral Heart (the game) and the Feral Heart (forums).

I agree with the previous posts also. Roleplaying has nothing to do with being a good member.

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 03:24:12 am »
The qualities of a good member...where to start? Well, a good member is someone who actively participates on the forums as well as in-game. Players who use Reporting responsibly and are not afraid to do so. A good member would be someone whom is not only helps others when they require assistance, but also goes above and beyond. A quote from my dad. "Always return it<insert thing> in better condition the state it is given to you in.

Offline Stormy13164

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • The Signless... the Sufferer... the Mutant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 01:40:18 pm »
A good Feral Heart member is a person that looks out for others, is well respected, and cares about other players as if they are their best friend. Someone who shares/gives what they made with other players. That's my opinion.

I am back!

Offline hellensilverwolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • babayagaga
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 03:19:23 pm »
Those who respect people not because of the rules. I have played many games where community was just horrible! really, they were demons. People are same everywhere, only rules are different. FH has quite strict rules and I love it. But I remember some people who were kind and sweet even though noone cared about their behaviour and they could do whatever the heck they wanted.

Offline Kona

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 01:07:39 pm »
An awesome member would be....Literate, Nice, Helpful, Good at Rp...Smart, ect. xD Sorry that's just me though there are a ton of other ways to be a good member. :3

Signature by ISeeYou/GoldRadium