Author Topic: Not replying to threads.  (Read 4483 times)

Offline Phatom

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Dorian the personal floof.
    • View Profile
    • Zinci on deviantART.
Not replying to threads.
« on: August 19, 2013, 01:40:53 am »
Hey floofs!
Yesyes, I've made another thread for some reason but I will explain!

So, as the title says. Not replying to threads people have made. Hm, right. I've made a few threads and this isn't personally aimed at my threads but I've been browsing over FeralHeart's forum for about an hour now and I notice people either have no replies to their threads or only a few amount of replies. I'm not saying people should quickly dart to threads with the least replies but I want to ask a question.

How does it make you feel?
How does it make you feel when people don't reply to your threads? Sometimes, I get irritated but I also accept that not everyone's interested but it also may take time for a thread to catch someone's eye and make them want to reply. So, I'd appreciate if people would state there opinions below.

Thank you floofs c:

Image by cakeindafridge on dA.
My dA - http://zinci.deviantart.com/

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Not replying to threads.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 02:04:01 am »
First off moving this to Forum Discussion since this is in the wrong place ;)

As for the topic yeah I've seen quite a few threads with no replies before. It makes me sad sometimes especially when it's a character bio or something. Some people really put effort into the things they post so it's sad when many people don't even bother to give then a bit of attention. I think its just that there aren't enough people active on the forum to really get more views to certain types of posts.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 02:08:31 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 02:10:23 am »
Yeah I see where you are going with this and in some ways it is right. I would feel hurt if a post I made didn't get the feedback it needed from you guys. Im sure some of us try our best to view mostly all that there is to view here, but some don't have that time sadly. In some ways its kinda like DeviantART or Youtube...you view the trend but leave no comments or replies. Personally I spend my time on the help trend and forum discussion cause there are things I can help and or answer. Some times I would go through the bios or characters and find some that need some love'en. But yeah this is a interesting topic to have.
Good eye opener indeed o-o
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Phatom

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
    • Zinci on deviantART.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 03:25:35 am »
First off moving this to Forum Discussion since this is in the wrong place ;)

As for the topic yeah I've seen quite a few threads with no replies before. It makes me sad sometimes especially when it's a character bio or something. Some people really put effort into the things they post so it's sad when many people don't even bother to give then a bit of attention. I think its just that there aren't enough people active on the forum to really get more views to certain types of posts.
Oops, sorry about that. I didn't realise but thank you for moving it!

I try replying on the ones with the less replies because I know what it's like to have the feeling like your posts are being ignored but I enjoy doing so! I love getting opinions and I love helping people/giving them my opinions or even help if they need it and that's what I look out for in threads!

Thank you for your feedback Lord Suragaha! I appreciate it c:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 03:33:08 am by Phatom »

Offline Phatom

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
    • Zinci on deviantART.
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 03:30:11 am »
Yeah I see where you are going with this and in some ways it is right. I would feel hurt if a post I made didn't get the feedback it needed from you guys. Im sure some of us try our best to view mostly all that there is to view here, but some don't have that time sadly. In some ways its kinda like DeviantART or Youtube...you view the trend but leave no comments or replies. Personally I spend my time on the help trend and forum discussion cause there are things I can help and or answer. Some times I would go through the bios or characters and find some that need some love'en. But yeah this is a interesting topic to have.
Good eye opener indeed o-o
It's like looking for a last hope but instead, it's your first. FeralHeart is indeed a big community that we're all apart of so it does surprise me in someway when I find little replies to threads but some of us stick to the game, some just on the forum and most, both. Personally, I stay away from the help threads not because of the questions asked but because I know more experienced people offer their help but I do sometimes reply but I mostly stick with the threads with giving opinions or the introduction ones!

Thank you for your feedback Feareh, I appreciate it c:

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 04:04:41 am »
It pretty much happens to me all the time and it's a bit depressing to see other topics be way  more popular than that.
But usually I either don't have the time to reply to topics sometimes, I usually just stalk them for a bit.
Topics that were spent a long time on though such as stories sometimes may need a bit more attention though. Literature is rather neat when I go to read it.

It's sad to see some stuff sometimes such as stories and character bios being put to waste.
As long as the person wants people to notice the topic though then it's fine truly, but if it's replies they want and they become none or little in the topic then it dies out... Yeah.
Sorry if this is a bit sloppy. >_<

Offline Phatom

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
    • Zinci on deviantART.
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 04:17:38 am »
It pretty much happens to me all the time and it's a bit depressing to see other topics be way  more popular than that.
But usually I either don't have the time to reply to topics sometimes, I usually just stalk them for a bit.
Topics that were spent a long time on though such as stories sometimes may need a bit more attention though. Literature is rather neat when I go to read it.

It's sad to see some stuff sometimes such as stories and character bios being put to waste.
As long as the person wants people to notice the topic though then it's fine truly, but if it's replies they want and they become none or little in the topic then it dies out... Yeah.
Sorry if this is a bit sloppy. >_<
It shouldn't happen to anyone, unless in my personal opinion it's rude or isn't needed but yes, otherwise no people shouldn't be ignored. It's also intimidating when you can tell other people have read it but at least you can tell someone's decided to read it instead of ignoring it.

Ah yes! I love reading things when there's so much detail, people who pay close attention to detail who don't get recognised or replied too, should but so should everyone else!

Thank you for your feedback Hugrf, I appreciate it! It wasn't sloppy at all c:

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 04:56:09 am »
I use the unread replies button, so I don't much visit old low-post threads. When I do happen to catch a lower posting thread, I try and reply to them first. Ii figued; why give my attention to the popular threads fist? They can wait ^^

Offline Phatom

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
    • Zinci on deviantART.
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 12:42:50 pm »
I use the unread replies button, so I don't much visit old low-post threads. When I do happen to catch a lower posting thread, I try and reply to them first. Ii figued; why give my attention to the popular threads fist? They can wait ^^
I mainly check the unread topics a lot too but I usually leave the ones which are being responded too a lot which is the first two pages so I stick to the third page and then the rest. I look for the ones with the least replies.

Thank you for your feedback TheWarrior, I appreciate it! c:

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 01:20:51 pm »
Mmmmm, I know how it feels to have your posts ignored, it's not very nice, and it makes you feel like nobody's really bothered with you, or doesn't care about you, especially if you need someones help. I once asked for help on the help thread and got no replys, so I had to figure it out myself.
It is pretty sad when you see it, and y'know what? I usually see it on the threads created by new, or not very known members, like no one cares about them, hey want to post on the popular peoples threads, it's really sad, extremely sad.