Author Topic: Story Behind Your Username  (Read 38511 times)

Offline Neena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Hellooo oo o
    • View Profile
    • arkare.deviantart.com
Re: Story Behind Your Username
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 07:33:19 pm »
Uhh... I call myself 'Neena' in game because it's a way of writing my real name 'Nina'.
And ktnina2 has a larger history. I came up with it once because I needed a username for a game online. But I could not think of anything.. so..
k=Konie=Horse in polish (I did not know much english back then.)
t=Triops (Go google that)
My name Nina
And there was no 2 at the start, I had several blogs so I had to create new accounts, so I added first 1 then 2 at the end. The extra 2 is just for the sake of it there.
I really need to change my username >.< I hate it.
I want to change it to Arkare or Zaya, or Kaya maybe... I don't know. I need help xD

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 07:52:56 pm »
When I was little i had this bird which I named CrystalWolfTear... I used to be obsessed with wolves and so i thought that the name fitted her. But she sadly died and I was so sad I started to 'carry' her name on forums and games. And it stayed like this for around 5 or 6 years or more, I don't know I never counted xD

if I was going to change it then I would probably rename myself Fragile Sanity, just because I came up with that name when I was bored and it sounds nice and unique.
Aw I'm sorry to hear about your bird~ You must have really loved her to carry her name to forums.

I really came up with the name when I was wayyy younger, and decided to keep the name "Hugrf" since I liked it. Hug is there just because.. o_e Rf stands for my name irl, though I'm not going to say it.

If I had to change it... Maybe to Hruffgurf, Hurgf (since everyone calls me that sometimes XD) or KittyCobweb... I randomly came up with it a while ago, so yeah. Hruffgurf was random too. XD Not sure if I would change it though.
x'D Maybe I call you Huggy because it was meant to be. KittyCobweb? That sounds cool. I must admit. I would be hard for me to change my username because others (especially on my friends list) would be confused. Plus, I've kinda grown to it. <3

Uhh... I call myself 'Neena' in game because it's a way of writing my real name 'Nina'.
And ktnina2 has a larger history. I came up with it once because I needed a username for a game online. But I could not think of anything.. so..
k=Konie=Horse in polish (I did not know much english back then.)
t=Triops (Go google that)
My name Nina
And there was no 2 at the start, I had several blogs so I had to create new accounts, so I added first 1 then 2 at the end. The extra 2 is just for the sake of it there.
I really need to change my username >.< I hate it.
I want to change it to Arkare or Zaya, or Kaya maybe... I don't know. I need help xD
Ooooh I like the name Arkare. It sounds purrtty. Oh, I googled 'triops'. x'D Wut on earth.

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 08:34:59 pm »
Yup I did, I used to do it as a small tribute but now it stayed like that because I really like the name and I get this little feeling that if I change it, then those I met in the past will never find me ever again. xD
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 09:46:23 pm »
The story behind my username? Here it is:
You see, I had this obsession over this series of books named The Knights of Emerald. There was Fallen Gods in it.
Then I was initiated to Warriors and made my first warrior cat O.C. Originally called Featherstar, this character was really unrealistic ( it was teal with feathers), so I completly remade her and gave her a new name: Fallenstar.

I later on discovered FH, not long after it was out. I had no experience with English warrior cats names, ence FallenStar. This username was unfortunately taken, so I put 'OxO' at the end.

I, however, do not desire to change my username for anything in the world. It became a part of me and this is how my Internet buddies know me as.

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 10:07:49 pm »
Yes, I too have this feeling that this character/username is now part of me and I would never in the world change it. It holds too many memories to just let it go in the dust. That's why I hate when I see clones who decide to take my name or impersonate me. It happens very rarely now as I have many accounts all with the same name.
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline dragonwolf 41

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • i am just a cute lttle red night fury n pet kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 10:48:14 pm »
my user namme comes form like 3 usre frist cc29 for aj if you can find me on ther 2 chanel 12345679 beacuse i was not knowing who was chanel and i heard the frist purfu chanel 5 so i thoght there were more than just 5 this was on kug fu pand a world wich is gone next dragonslovec1 it was on my star stabel acount i was at the time drawing dragons in love so pops in my head and the last dragonwolf 41 + dragonwolf14 i like wolfs and i like dragons i ues dragonwolf14 for it svevers and dragonwolf41 for this and a few other upcoming games like the up coming game aro kai
try me i dare you...

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 04:02:31 pm »
Well... My username was made a little bit on-the-fly when I found FH about three years ago, since I was just excited to play.

I did want it to mean something, but since I couldn't think of something, I decided I'd throw together some words I like.

White; A color/hue/shade/derp often associated with clarity, honesty, sincerity, purity, soundness of mind. I often relate these qualities, and try to reach for this "ideal" in my daily life. Plus, it's my second favorite color (only next to silvery sky blue).

A light-heart; Someone who, well, has a light heart. While I can get serious and nail down a point of judgment like anyone else, since childhood I have always been more likely to cling to the bright, cheery, optimistic and and lovelier side of things. I rarely linger (lul) around in sadness or anger for very long-- even when I want to stay angry with someone or something. I am a light-hearted individual, and this quality I have seen as a part of my identity since I was little.
Some may associate being a light-heart with weakness, being "lilly-livered," or someone who doesn't have a strong stomach when watching gorey horror movies (granted, I do hate those things, but that's beside the point xD), but I see it as a form of resilience in the face of negativity or trial.
Bad things happen. They may throw me down for a bit, but if I can think myself out of of that funk, look to the next best option, and strive for this to get back onto my feet and running to make the best of what I'm left with, what else could you ask for?

So... Hoping to always be a white light-heart.

I'd considered changing it a couple years back, since I've run into several people who thought it was odd or just random, and I myself had been iffy on it for a while, but I've grown comfortable with it, nowadays. The whole reason for it being chosen is clearer to me than when I made it, and so I don't see myself changing it anytime soon. ^^
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 08:49:46 pm »
The story behind my username? Here it is:
You see, I had this obsession over this series of books named The Knights of Emerald. There was Fallen Gods in it.
Then I was initiated to Warriors and made my first warrior cat O.C. Originally called Featherstar, this character was really unrealistic ( it was teal with feathers), so I completly remade her and gave her a new name: Fallenstar.

I later on discovered FH, not long after it was out. I had no experience with English warrior cats names, ence FallenStar. This username was unfortunately taken, so I put 'OxO' at the end.

I, however, do not desire to change my username for anything in the world. It became a part of me and this is how my Internet buddies know me as.

Oooooh. I never heard of those books. I should look into them sometime. I agree (Like I said before.. x'D) I probably couldn't change my name because I've grown on it. <3

Well... My username was made a little bit on-the-fly when I found FH about three years ago, since I was just excited to play.

I did want it to mean something, but since I couldn't think of something, I decided I'd throw together some words I like.

White; A color/hue/shade/derp often associated with clarity, honesty, sincerity, purity, soundness of mind. I often relate these qualities, and try to reach for this "ideal" in my daily life. Plus, it's my second favorite color (only next to silvery sky blue).

A light-heart; Someone who, well, has a light heart. While I can get serious and nail down a point of judgment like anyone else, since childhood I have always been more likely to cling to the bright, cheery, optimistic and and lovelier side of things. I rarely linger (lul) around in sadness or anger for very long-- even when I want to stay angry with someone or something. I am a light-hearted individual, and this quality I have seen as a part of my identity since I was little.
Some may associate being a light-heart with weakness, being "lilly-livered," or someone who doesn't have a strong stomach when watching gorey horror movies (granted, I do hate those things, but that's beside the point xD), but I see it as a form of resilience in the face of negativity or trial.
Bad things happen. They may throw me down for a bit, but if I can think myself out of of that funk, look to the next best option, and strive for this to get back onto my feet and running to make the best of what I'm left with, what else could you ask for?

So... Hoping to always be a white light-heart.

I'd considered changing it a couple years back, since I've run into several people who thought it was odd or just random, and I myself had been iffy on it for a while, but I've grown comfortable with it, nowadays. The whole reason for it being chosen is clearer to me than when I made it, and so I don't see myself changing it anytime soon. ^^
This was very interesting to read actually. :o I never would have known 'WhiteLightHeart' really meant that much. x'D Oh, and I never knew white was a derp. Who would have guessed?

Offline WhiskerWatcher

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • Red haired animal!
    • MsWhiskersArt
    • Ms Whiskers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2013, 08:52:32 pm »
Hmm, well I wanted something catchy for my user. And after seeing the advertisement of the cat food Whiskers. I decided to add a little alliteration on to it and. Whisker Watcher. ;3
Love you all <3

Offline n1g8

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 12:58:08 am »
How I got my username...? Oh boy <.< It's a bit of a weird story, and it honestly has no purpose, the n 1 g and 8 don't stand for anything at all XD But.... here's my pointless story.

I had gotten home from DisneyLand, I was about 6 or 7 at the time, and I had gotten my very first Webkinz, a Husky, while my brother got a Chihuaua. I went to my computer and got to the internet. Once I got to the website, I made an account, but the darned website didn't like the usernames I did, and just as I was about to give up, I just type in n1g8 and it worked.....Ever since then I always use that username, or almost always, sometimes I'll do n1g88 or MelodySongs.

If I could change my username..........I don't think I would XD My username may be REALLY stupid, but, I'm attached to it.