Author Topic: How much Character Planning do You do?  (Read 6169 times)

Offline Loco.Motives

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I am not as fine as I seem.
    • Kelli Urie
    • View Profile
    • My WQ Account
Re: How much Character Planning do You do?
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 01:40:40 am »
I usually just come up with a cool, random char in my mind when I'm daydreaming. Then I spend days on FeralHeart trying to create it.

----
-Credit to icon and signature owners-

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 10:00:24 am »
DarkFang2033, you have already been told several times about bumping old threads, please refrain from doing so. This thread is inactive and hasn't been showing any activity for around 2 years now.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2016, 04:53:56 am »
For me, character planning varies. I tend to just come up with personalities easily and then roll with it and develop it as I go, that is if I'm actually making a character for a role play. I can't say I spend much time on it beforehand, because I'm developing my character from the start of the role play. Sometimes I'll already have a general idea and base it off of a personality for another character I have with minor tweaks. The most time I spend on my characters are the creations for how they should look, which I tend to change several times even throughout the rp, and the name which I can literally spend thirty minutes trying to think of a good name for one. xD

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2016, 02:22:08 pm »
I do REALLY in-depth planning on characters, even for ones that aren't mine. From a colour code on a paw to their entire life biography I thoroughly plan. With this train of mind it takes me 1-3 weeks to make even the surface of the character I'm designing but 9/10 of the times it pays off - other times I look back and regret my decisions and scrap the character all together. Even though most of my characters look plain and simple, it's their character dynamics (personality and development) that makes them so special to me.

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE