Author Topic: What Do Your Usernames Mean To You?  (Read 12427 times)

Offline BradiBytes

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • lmao dudes
    • View Profile
Re: What Do Your Usernames Mean To You?
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 02:37:02 am »
Honestly, most of my past usernames up until now have just been random things that popped into my head and sounded cool. For example, Cyros, Redustrial, etc etc etc.

But for my current username, BradiBytes, I just settled with that because my OC is named Bradi and I wanted another word that started with a B to follow after that. 'Bytes' just came to me and boom. BradiBytes.

That's the coolest story you'll get outta me.

Sig - Seanixx || Avatar - Me

Offline Aclediptus

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • Where are the Almond Doughnuts
    • aclediptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 10:19:53 am »
In game I'm borborigmus which is borborygmus misspelled with an 'I'. Borborygmus is a word used to describe the gurgling noises that intestines make because of the movement of fluid and gas. I used it because my stomach will always remind me of my username if I ever forget it.

I use the display name of Telluris, originally used to be easier to type compared to borborigmus. I got the name Telluris from a certain Bionicle character that goes by that name, since I found him to be quite interesting, even though I would find Nuparu, Nuju, or Matoro better. Unknowingly, Telluris means 'Earth' if translated from Latin.

Telly was then a shortened term for Telluris, now I stick with Telly as being my internet persona, and I would use it as my first option on any website if not taken.

Tellyphone, I use that as a display name for any communications software, such as Skype or Razer Comms.

I used FrostKrabben or <noun>Krabben as an alternative username for the games I play. Frost originally derived from my favorite warframe, an ice elemental defense/crowd Warframe, but it can be replaced with whatever word I'd like. 'Krabben' the Dutch plural for crab, since I like crustaceans.

I use SenselessViolins as a username for any miscellaneous accounts, such as an image hosting site. Based on Sparks' album 'Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins' Which is one of my favourite Sparks albums if only it wasn't compared to 'Propaganda' or 'Exotic Creatures of The Deep'

I would probably have more usernames based on album names or musical references in the future.

Plus, I use my real name for more formal accounts such as mail.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 10:21:39 am by Telluris »

Currently retired floof

Find me on discord: Aclediptus#7160

Offline Taizer

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • "I can have a margarita at 11:30 am if I want to."
    • TaizerFH
    • TaizerFH
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 02:32:01 pm »
My username is pretty old now, but I've used it all over the place since starting here. But when I made my account originally I just wanted something catchy that carried my already existing nickname, but Tai being only three letters sounded to simple on its own.. So I mixed it in with the name of a drink I liked at the time that you can get here in the UK called Tizer, This -> http://tizer.co.uk/assets/images/bottles.png and I've always liked how it sounded, so I have never really wanted to use anything else as my main username.  
I do have a side account though which goes by the name of a fictional character I like, but its not as meaningful to me as Taizer is.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 02:33:58 pm by Taizer »
Looking for my converted mesh? You can find them here ! https://taizerfh.wixsite.com/digitalviolence

Offline RaventheVerewolf

• Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Thanks to EpicWolfie for av
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 03:52:05 pm »
Mine is very simple really.
One, my name is Raven. So there's the Raven part of RaventheVerewolf.
Two, my friends and I have a joke because we once RPed as mythical things and I made up the verewolf. A vampire than can shift into a wolf. SO, RaventheVerewolf has been a name I've been using recently
Thank you so much to babystrit for my awesome sig

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 04:05:56 pm »
The username I have name I got from a good friend of mine. Want to hear a bonus? It means KFC in another language. ;)

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 05:11:44 pm »
My username came from two old characters I had, Kylonis, and Vuu. I kinda smooshed their names together cause I really liked the sound of both, and boom, came up with Kynvuu. Not much a history behind it or deep meaning xD
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 09:33:45 pm »
Usernames, wow. I haven't actually gone through too many. The first I'd ever had had something to do with owls, and I made it when I was six, haha. I don't really remember it too well, maybe it was "nightowl," but honestly I have no idea. Perhaps I just liked owls at the time, I don't really remember why I chose that username.

The first username I clearly remember using on multiple websites was "katemaxo12". I made it when I was maybe eight/nine, and was mad when I tried making an email with it because my usual password for it was too short. "kate" was a nickname for my name, the "maxo" part literally came out of nowhere, and "12" had been my locker number year after year, so it became my favourite number.

A little while later, I came up with a new username, the one I signed up for FH with-- "narwalpanda54321". At the time, the Narwhal Song had been one of my favourites, maybe it had recently come out, I don't really remember. Anyways, I couldn't spell "narwhal" correctly for the life of me, and consistently left out the H. Of course, who doesn't love pandas? So that also go thrown in. The countdown from five is, yet again, a concept that came out of nowhere. Don't question the fourth-grader logic, dude! Some spin-off usernames I've used have been "narwalpanda", when "narwalpanda54321" is too long; "NarwhalQueen" because idk; and sometimes just simply "Narwhal".

Another username I've signed up with is "Maggie727". Maggie is simply the name of my cat. The "727" didn't entirely come out of nowhere, as my friend had put it at the end of multiple usernames, and I kindly borrowed the idea. Another username I've used in the past is "lilliana1289." The "lilliana" element came from me really wishing I had that name, and "1289" came from my favourite two numbers, twelve and eighty-nine. Perhaps I should change it to "lilliana1269" for the future. Huehuehue.

Another username I've used once or twice is "~Trixx~". It has nothing to do with the old troll Trixx, I swear. (Although, we were good friends for quite some time.) It's my FH second account, and I've also signed up for sites using the spin-off "Trixx1289."

Sooo, yeah. Look for me as these usernames, haha! Except for the oldest ones, "katemaxo12" and that owl one. The sites I used them for are probably dead, and I never sign up with those usernames. Though, I could come up with a new owl one. . .

Offline Shandra

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I'm a shy girl q3q
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 11:15:30 am »
My username doesn't mean SO much. "Shandra" came because I had to select a name for my character in a horse game (Alicia Online, if someone is curious), I REALLY like everything related to the night sky so I ended up searching the word "Moon" in other languages, and Chandra (Moon in Sanskrit) came up, but I "stylized" it a bit changing the C for an S (in Hinduism, Chandra (Sanskrit: ??????, IAST: Candra, lit. "shining") is a lunar god and a Graha. I just discovered it today o.O)

"_AO" came because these are the initials for Alicia Online (genius) and the "_" is just because the forum don't let you have spaces in your username (at least I can't).

And yeah, I have a LOT of usernames in other forums/games/pages. For example in dA is "La-Loba-Salvaje", translated from Spanish is "The-Wild-Shewolf" (I think, I'm still learning English), and a lot more~
Female /She-Her/
In-game as Shandra
Download to see my presets! (made by Hakumi & Teath): http://adf.ly/1ZtYqb

Offline AuraSky20

• Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • The queen of not knowing what to put here.
    • View Profile
    • AuraSky's Deviantart
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 04:25:27 pm »
when I was younger I loved to stargaze, and I really wanted to see the northern lights in person, so "Aura Sky" is another term for  Northern Lights, so now its my persona's name, and 20 is my lucky number, because I was born on the 20th of the month.
"You can be childlike without being childish. A child always wants to have fun. Ask yourself, 'Am I having fun?'" -Christopher Meloni

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 07:28:46 pm »
My username was made up when I was in early high school with me and a friend signing up for a anime website. We had to come up with usernames at that time and the only thing I thought of was Youshallfearme or Youshallfearme2. It stuck with me ever since, from youtube, here, Deviant....and from that username my nickname Fear or Feareh came about which is my first official online name if anything. It really doesn't mean much to me considering how and why I came up with this username back in high school, but its whatever now XD I come to just love and accept my weird derpy name.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358