Author Topic: Tinypic Warning  (Read 1913 times)

SoulRevenge

Tinypic Warning
« on: January 10, 2014, 03:02:30 am »
Really not sure where to post this, but I know/think a LOT of users on FeralHeart use tinypic to upload and share whatever pictures they need to put up here. Whether its for a roleplay, maps, etc. .

Now, I've been noticing and acknowledging that friends and strangers alike have been encountering strange issues whereas these images will be replaced with completely unrelated photos. Women in their underwear seem to be the 'trend' here. Considing it's happened in two threads I've seen so far, and I'm pretty damn sure people didn't just decide to change random pictures to photos of women in their underwear all at once to be 'funny'.

So, when you're using tinypic, be careful.

I'd suggest finding another system using other accounts where you can upload and copy-paste picture urls.

When I upload anything I just use my tumblr and put it under a 'private post', which basically means no-one but me can see it so it doesn't show/take up any space. DeviantART could probably also be used; you'd just mark the photos as scraps-- unless you wish to share it with public eye.

Butyea, be careful about this stuff while you're using tinypic and don't flip out if an image changes to something on the 'less appropriate' side on the boards. Its probably not the person's fault, and is likely just tinypic acting up.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: Tinypic Warning
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 03:41:22 am »
Oh my god. Thank god it's not just me o.o I just went to update my art thread not long ago. One of the finished requests was replaced with a girls face x.x It wasn't as bad as people in their underwear but... It was creepy. How can you stop it? ;___;

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

SoulRevenge

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 05:09:54 am »
I wish I knew the answer to that, but if you'd rather to avoid these random things that'll make your threads look kinda weird and/or random just use a different site to upload to as mentioned above. I hope whoever the hell runs the site realises what's going on and fixes it, though. Its a convenient thing and I'd really rather it not being all messed up because of these random picture-changes.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 11:36:22 am »
Maybe I'll look at photo bucket for a possible image sharing site. I could get an account. It looks easy. But I really don't want to just replace all of the images I have uploaded DX Oh well. I'll figure, something out.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.