Author Topic: We Need Leadership  (Read 17466 times)

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
Re: We Need Leadership
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2021, 04:30:08 pm »
All I see happening is a few players who got punished for breaking the rules decided it would be funny to get their revenge by claiming they were "unfairly" punished in order to stir drama against the staff and destroy this community from the inside out. And obviously, they managed to somehow convince a handful of people that their false claims were true.

There is absolutely no concrete evidence to back these claims of "unfair" punishment. It is all word of mouth that originated from the ones who were punished for things they did do.

These malicious rumors then led to drama, which led to riots, which led to mob rule. Mob rule is not what this game was founded on and this crap needs to end. It is all based on crap rumors spread by troublemakers via 3rd party platforms and has absolutely nothing to do with anything relevant to the future of this game. It is obvious that some people here still have not learned a thing from the past.

Furthermore, the staff here now had nothing to do with any of the crap that is being brought up yet again. But yet it keeps getting brought up over and over as if they were somehow involved with this alleged "wrongdoing". This is ridiculous and needs to end now for the sake of everyone here.

And also, if we went by the same sort of judgement that some people love, we would have to punish literally anyone if even one person said they did something wrong even if the so called evidence is a simple "They did it." with literally no picture or other concrete proof or wrongdoing. Would that be fair? It goes both ways.

Put away your unequal scales people.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 04:35:41 pm by DylanCheetah »

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2021, 04:35:30 pm »
All I see happening is a few players who got punished for breaking the rules decided it would be funny to get their revenge by claiming they were "unfairly" punished in order to stir drama against the staff and destroy this community from the inside out. And obviously, they managed to somehow convince a handful of people that their false claims were true.

There is absolutely no concrete evidence to back these claims of "unfair" punishment. It is all word of mouth that originated from the ones who were punished for things they did do.

These malicious rumors then led to drama, which led to riots, which led to mob rule. Mob rule is not what this game was founded on and this crap needs to end. It is all based on crap rumors spread by troublemakers via 3rd party platforms and has absolutely nothing to do with anything relevant to the future of this game. It is obvious that some people here still have not learned a thing from the past.

Furthermore, the staff here now had nothing to do with any of the crap that is being brought up yet again. But yet if keeps getting brought up over and over as if they were somehow involved with this alleged "wrongdoing". This is ridiculous and needs to end now for the sake of everyone here.

And also, if we went by the same sort of judgement that some people love, we would have to punish literally anyone if even one person said they did something wrong. Would that be fair? It goes both ways.

I always thought something seemed off about the "unfair bans". Like as if they weren't telling the full story. Wrong bans can definitely happen but they usually get reversed pretty quickly, there's usually a staff member who won't mind answering your question about what happened & even helping you get it reversed!

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2021, 04:36:44 pm »
The claims seem "off" because they are fake. They never happened.

They are nothing more than a web of lies and rumors that the real troublemakers started to get revenge.

Offline BloodWinsAll

• G o d
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Feels like I'm going insane
    • Firesong-stormi
    • Firesong
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2021, 08:06:54 pm »

I think I said this somewhere earlier in this thread, but I'm going to reiterate it because this whole post comes off as incredibly aggressive and I'm not entirely sure why...

I think the first step here is to-- stop phrasing it as if the people in this thread ("you") are, or have, acted in this way. I think that'll stop a lot of miscommunication that might be happening in here...?

We can acknowledge a part of the community is toxic without assuming that they are the same as the majority. In my experience, most people who sit around and post "the game needs to die" are those who are doing so to stir the pot and shouldn't be taken seriously. There are still plenty of people here who enjoy the game

Reading through the last few responses, I'm trying to understand how we got to this point. And regardless of trying to move on and work with the new staff, who are all lovely, silencing people because we do not agree with them does not seem like a productive way forward. Forgetting history leads to repeating it and I think that's why this thread, and the community feedback thread, focuses on what the community would like to see done. Why they have concerns, where they come from, and what they hope to see with the current staff team.

I would also like to point out that both Kerriki and Ame have admitted that wrongful bans have happened in the past, with a game that has a history of 10 years that makes sense! What I think needs to also be remembered is that without evidence for or against a ban being wrong, it's hard for staff to reverse decisions if they were wrong, to begin with. It doesn't mean people coming forward are all "fake" or "getting revenge".

We've been trying in this thread, and the others, to stop using blanket statements to refer to members of the community and I think you would have an easier time being heard if you-- refrained from aggressive statements.

Furthermore, the staff here now had nothing to do with any of the crap that is being brought up yet again. But yet it keeps getting brought up over and over as if they were somehow involved with this alleged "wrongdoing". This is ridiculous and needs to end now for the sake of everyone here.

If you want people to stop bringing up the past with the staff, why don't we stop bringing up the past with the community? Because this back and forth blame game isn't going to solve anything. We're only going to be able to move forward if everyone works together and stops pointing fingers.

I respect your passion for FH, I really do, but I think there are more than just you who also want to see the game succeed.

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2021, 09:54:11 pm »
If misinformation were not being spread, I would not feel the need to point out the cold hard truth. Nowhere did I say to silence anyone. Nowhere in my post did I say "you" or "everyone". If there ever was staff wrongdoing, it certainly did not occur recently. I am talking about the recent past, not 10 years ago or so. I was certainly not the first to bring up past events. And I think it is only fair that both sides be heard when it does come up.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2021, 10:52:27 pm »
Let's try to lean away from "recent drama" happenings for this topic as this is not it's place, more so about the now and leadership. It's very obvious that those instances of drama are very touchy for some. FH over time did kinda turn into a drama pool, however I would like to try and work past that. This community is one of the most helpful, creative, kind and supportive communities that I have ever been apart of, and I would love to build upon that. I know for a fact when we put all of our heads together to work towards something, we can achieve it. We need to start working towards a community that doesn't have that drama, and I know we can all do that. We most certainly won't forget the drama, however what we can do is learn from it, put it to rest and move on from it to better things.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2021, 11:35:04 pm »
What's the moderation's team priority as of now? Is management being looked into, and are there enough material to be presented to the community in a newsletter? (regarding leadership, intentions, plans, etc.)?

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2021, 06:46:13 pm »
What's the moderation's team priority as of now? Is management being looked into, and are there enough material to be presented to the community in a newsletter? (regarding leadership, intentions, plans, etc.)?

^ This is really all most of the community needs imo, a lot of things haven't been shared to an extent and I think we would all love to see at least a small bit/previews of what's to come. I think it would really bring the communities hope to light and hopefully kickstart some activity, knowing there's a viable future. These are just my thoughts and opinions. c:

I'm glad this is being talked about, though, publicly! Everyone should be on the same page.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2021, 05:42:55 pm »

Apologies for the slow reply on this!

Priority and management: Right now we need to adjust after loosing so many amazing staffers. There are some steps we need need to take in order to confront our current team issue with it being so small, as well as we need to resolve our admin issue and work things out that come with it. The decision on who will be appointed as the new administrator is completely up to Raz, and we are still waiting on his word. It's a decision that really shouldn't be rushed, and I greatly appreciate everyone's patients on this. Thank you all very much.

Newsletter: We have definitely discussed this, however there isn't enough content in order to make one as of right now. Perhaps maybe later this season or early summer maybe we'll have enough to present one~

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2021, 04:40:16 pm »

Apologies for the slow reply on this!

Priority and management: Right now we need to adjust after loosing so many amazing staffers. There are some steps we need need to take in order to confront our current team issue with it being so small, as well as we need to resolve our admin issue and work things out that come with it. The decision on who will be appointed as the new administrator is completely up to Raz, and we are still waiting on his word. It's a decision that really shouldn't be rushed, and I greatly appreciate everyone's patients on this. Thank you all very much.

Newsletter: We have definitely discussed this, however there isn't enough content in order to make one as of right now. Perhaps maybe later this season or early summer maybe we'll have enough to present one~

Thanks for your reply regarding this Ame. I know how hard you have all been working lately and the loss of so many staff has probably hindered progress greatly. I can definitely understand why there are currently more pressing issues and not enough to make a newsletter atm. I know how important it is to have stability within a staff team and that some decisions just cannot be rushed. Making a rushed decision about who to appoint as the new admins would help nobody and could just introduce people to the team that may not have the best interests of this game in mind.

Unfortunately, I have heard of IT games that made that very mistake. They rushed to fill positions and ended up with a bunch of disloyal staff who only looked out for their own interests. Or even worse, ones that betrayed the very game they were supposed to be working for. I have to completely agree with taking sufficient time to do proper background checks on every person that gets hired. That way we can avoid ever having the same sort of problems those other games had. I consider taking time to choose the right people for the job to be good leadership and a wise decision.

I look forward to meeting the new admins and seeing a new newsletter, but I also know that this sort of decision needs to be carefully considered and we all need to just be patient for the sake of everyone here.